• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone.

We added the following entry to the rules.

Do NOT:
  • Direct hate towards others based on gender, race, or sex orientation
    • Do not use abusive language or direct hate towards others based on their race, gender, or sexual orientation. This is a very diverse community with many different types of people from different backgrounds.

We have a very diverse community and this should further establish and clarify what this place is about and that hateful conduct isn't tolerated under any circumstances. I think it's very important that we can maintain a respectful, inclusive and compassionate atmosphere in this forum - hence the rule addition. Everyone who wants to participate in this forum in good faith should feel welcome and accepted here and I hope this sentiment is shared in this community. Thanks!

Last edited:
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
Oh jeez, there goes a ton of people if this rule is strictly enforced. I see it all the time in chat. There are some very hateful people, even people I like.
Bitterness is something I would expect from people on a suicide forum, tbh. Not saying that the intolerant views I see are correct, but I usually assume it's coming from a place of frustration. Assigning blame to a group of people helps in terms of lifting that burden off of yourself if your life has gone off the rails. It's wrong, but I can see why a desperate and lonely person might demonize a group of people who they perceive to be the source of their problems.

Heavenly Pup

Heavenly Pup

Reincarnated
Sep 18, 2021
Bitterness is something I would expect from people on a suicide forum, tbh. Not saying that the intolerant views I see are correct, but I usually assume it's coming from a place of frustration. Assigning blame to a group of people helps in terms of lifting that burden off of yourself if your life has gone off the rails. It's wrong, but I can see why a desperate and lonely person might demonize a group of people who they perceive to be the source of their problems.
I completely agree with this. It doesn't necessarily make you a bad person.

Around here? Whoa, this is a bit shocking to me, I confess. Are people in the chat different from what they show in the threads?
The chat is definitely much more casual than the forum so people think less and type more. Some people have said hateful things but as Anxious said, it does come from a place of frustration. I just hope everyone stops to think before they type something that may be a negative generalization or a stereotype.

Last edited:
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
I agree.

But to play the devil's advocate I'd like to explain ptsd. Trauma has triggers to relive it with flashbacks, and our survival instinct tries to avoid percieved threats. If the attacker had a rare red shirt, it can cause panic to see red shirts.

My first abuser was the only black person of my entire elementary school. He was the leader of my bullies & ended up abusing me sexually. Cops called me a liar, mother admitted she never wanted me to be born. I tried to cut my wrists, never could scratch. I was around 11. Wished for death ever since. I'm 42. I'd never be able to have sex with a black person. Maybe from trauma, maybe because asians are gorgeous to me. To each their own favorite flavors.

After multiple other abused I understood that it has nothing to do with race. It can come from anyone, any races, age, genders... Mostly middle aged white men but that's what my life was most in contact with...it's like the ratatouille movie... About talented cooks being found in unexpected places... Abuse can come from anyone...

Even from our lived ones & our kin because they have more opportunities than strangers .. Sadly I saw trans people bully each other & accuse each other of trans phobia (i used to wish to trans). So minorities are bullied but also bully each other... And the saddest thing is that we bully ourselves...

I feel for the plight of the black slaves. Denied opportunities, until they're forced to commit crimes, then put in jail as "punishment", forced to work there for pennies... And people applaud saying they deserved it... It's a cruel mindfuck.

I became a misanthrope. I saw a shirt "I do not discriminate, I hate everyone equally"

But I love you, suicidal people. I admire your insight. Total opposite of narcs thinking they're perfect.

So if I have a bad day & get mean, or if i might disagree with ideas... i still love you. Or i hate you the same amount as i usually do.

In a weird way, hate is passion, hate makes you special. It's indifference that denies someone's existence that is cruel.

Thank you for allowing me the right to hate my lufe, the world... And some groups like pedophiles deserve to be hated.

If someone hate a culture abusing women, are they racist or defenders of women...

Sometimes hatred is positive to end suffering.

Sometimes death is mercy

Merci means thank you in french

I hope that pro lifers will stop hating us because death us a part if life. If you hate death, you hate what makes life precious. It's ephemeral. It's fragile & breaks. It must be taken care if with great care. And when it's too broken... Sometimes it makes it more unique... Sometimes it's unviable & should be set free... Back to the energy pool of the universe... With a soft heartbreaking poetry that makes new life all the more precious. New beggining, new hope, new ideas, evolution... But pro lifers never care for abandonned abused children. They just can't stand reminders of their own mortality. They can't understand people living at death's door, unable to live, eager to open that door... People who could be saved, if people heard them, but we demand that they smile like clowns & drug away their body's warnings... Their sadness & fear to be deprived... We value independence & forgot solidarity. Therapists value autonomy, but abandon people in need to their own helplessness instead to lead them out of hell towards self sufficiency. Someone drowning can't learn to swim... Not with sharks around...

I begged for help. Got abused. Left to die. I... Reached acceptance... Resignation... Utter despair. Stopping my suicide won't save me. Stopping my pain will. But if people hate death & sadness too much to hear a plea... Then let us die with dignity...

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
But to play the devil's advocate I'd like to explain ptsd. Trauma has triggers to relive it with flashbacks, and our survival instinct tries to avoid percieved threats. If the attacker had a rare red shirt, it can cause panic to see red shirts.
this.
i had mental problems before this incident which was probably the biggest problem for me.
i dont like foreigners.
i was at work one day and work involves talking to people (that i can thankfully get out of but this was back before it was this bad, so i was still doing mostly everything). i had gotten out to do my job and it just happened to be in, what i guess you would call a Syrian community, apartment buildings the government said "here ya go" when they got here (i think that was their place of origin but im not 100% sure nor is it really important. they werent from here but more importantly didnt speak english. those are the important parts). they surrounded me. there was like 5 of them, with extremely broken english. im a small 5ft4 female and i somehow handled the situation, but doesnt change the fact a foreigner will cause me to freak. i dont hate them. you want to talk to me in english and not completely surround me cool. but the second i feel threatened i will freak.

theres a very big difference between hating someone and having a problem with a specific group due to your life circumstances. just because you have a problem, doesnt mean you have to be hateful. example "fuck females" vs "ive never had luck, all the ones ive met hurt me" basically the same meaning without being mean to others about it, yet somehow asking someone to be nice is "censoring" umm...no, just reword your sentence.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I just want to say, I love how when you quote statistics and refer to news articles on this site, it's considered being hateful. So while data supports that there are legitimately groups of bad people in this world (typically these groups are of a particular religion), the prevailing attitude on SS is "My Mind Is Made Up. Don't Confuse Me With the Facts."

• Informative
Reactions: Disappointered
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

Aug 7, 2022
I just want to say, I love how when you quote statistics and refer to news articles on this site, it's considered being hateful. So while data supports that there are legitimately groups of bad people in this world (typically these groups are of a particular religion), the prevailing attitude on SS is "My Mind Is Made Up. Don't Confuse Me With the Facts."
Due to your avatar & intelligent posts I look up to you with admiration as a wise elf...

But I have words if caution. Paper article lie, they are propaganda used by the government to manipulate people's opinions. I used to really resent muslims for theur sexist views thinking they can divirce women with murder, kill their kids if they adapt to our country too much for their strict views, and blow themselves up for their god... I used to blindly belueve it all.

Until I noticed weird stuff... I think that the government show them as bad people to justify genocide to steal their oil, pretending they're saving us from terrorists but being the terrorists to their own people. The rich 1% dividing us, the majority, into many groups to hate, so we won't unite against our opressors.

Racism is a tool for dominance. I saw it in a new light during the unvaxed segregation. I saw the lies, censorship, advertisement... Covering us deaths... For money.

I believe muslims need to evolve like we did into better gender equality, but we still have a long way to go. We lost our family values.

So I take "proof" from newspapers with scepticism... Because the truth is so complex... And claiming to own the one & only is like religious fanaticism...

I don't think dissaproving a culture's violence towards women or violent religious crusade makes us racist... But we did it too, still do...

Everyone can be good & bad at the same time.

But yes I cringe when people belueve what they want & refuse to see facts. Like calling me just insane while I'm physically hurt, even when I bleed. Human nature is gross.

Reactions: MountainMonkey
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Hollowillow my avatar is of Sauron in his fair form. I would rather be like him than an elf any day.

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

Aug 7, 2022
@Hollowillow my avatar is of Sauron in his fair form. I would rather be like him than an elf any day.
Pardon my ignorance. You actually have a sephiroth vibe. What is Sauron? I only know the lord of the ring? If it's a game it looks awesome. What is it about, how is the character?

• Love
Reactions: Foresight
MountainMonkey

MountainMonkey

Student
Jun 17, 2022
For those that live to argue, the internet is full of those forums. I come here be share my vulnerabilities. I also don't hesitate to report anyone that tries to disrupt this peaceful environment

• Love
Reactions: Everlong
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Pardon my ignorance. You actually have a sephiroth vibe. What is Sauron? I only know the lord of the ring? If it's a game it looks awesome. What is it about, how is the character?
Sauron is the main enemy in LOTR. He could change his appearance to deceive men and elves. He looked like my profile pic in the Second Age. The actual pic is from the game Shadow of War.

jawdropped123

jawdropped123

Student
Mar 19, 2022
I agree.

My first abuser was the only black person of my entire elementary school. He was the leader of my bullies & ended up abusing me sexually. Cops called me a liar, mother admitted she never wanted me to be born. I tried to cut my wrists, never could scratch. I was around 11. Wished for death ever since. I'm 42. I'd never be able to have sex with a black person. Maybe from trauma, maybe because asians are gorgeous to me. To each their own favorite flavors.

After multiple other abused I understood that it has nothing to do with race. It can come from anyone, any races, age, genders... Mostly middle aged white men but that's what my life was most in contact with...it's like the ratatouille movie... About talented cooks being found in unexpected places... Abuse can come from anyone...

Even from our lived ones & our kin because they have more opportunities than strangers .. Sadly I saw trans people bully each other & accuse each other of trans phobia (i used to wish to trans). So minorities are bullied but also bully each other... And the saddest thing is that we bully ourselves...

I feel for the plight of the black slaves. Denied opportunities, until they're forced to commit crimes, then put in jail as "punishment", forced to work there for pennies... And people applaud saying they deserved it... It's a cruel mindfuck.

I became a misanthrope. I saw a shirt "I do not discriminate, I hate everyone equally"

But I love you, suicidal people. I admire your insight. Total opposite of narcs thinking they're perfect.

So if I have a bad day & get mean, or if i might disagree with ideas... i still love you. Or i hate you the same amount as i usually do.

In a weird way, hate is passion, hate makes you special. It's indifference that denies someone's existence that is cruel.

Thank you for allowing me the right to hate my lufe, the world... And some groups like pedophiles deserve to be hated.

If someone hate a culture abusing women, are they racist or defenders of women...

Sometimes hatred is positive to end suffering.

Sometimes death is mercy

Merci means thank you in french

I hope that pro lifers will stop hating us because death us a part if life. If you hate death, you hate what makes life precious. It's ephemeral. It's fragile & breaks. It must be taken care if with great care. And when it's too broken... Sometimes it makes it more unique... Sometimes it's unviable & should be set free... Back to the energy pool of the universe... With a soft heartbreaking poetry that makes new life all the more precious. New beggining, new hope, new ideas, evolution... But pro lifers never care for abandonned abused children. They just can't stand reminders of their own mortality. They can't understand people living at death's door, unable to live, eager to open that door... People who could be saved, if people heard them, but we demand that they smile like clowns & drug away their body's warnings... Their sadness & fear to be deprived... We value independence & forgot solidarity. Therapists value autonomy, but abandon people in need to their own helplessness instead to lead them out of hell towards self sufficiency. Someone drowning can't learn to swim... Not with sharks around...

I begged for help. Got abused. Left to die. I... Reached acceptance... Resignation... Utter despair. Stopping my suicide won't save me. Stopping my pain will. But if people hate death & sadness too much to hear a plea... Then let us die with dignity...
Nah youre just racist cause if it was a white person you wouldnt have cared about the race

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Nah youre just racist cause if it was a white person you wouldnt have cared about the race
Calm down with calling someone racist. Considering his first experience with black people was very negative, it's only natural for that to stick out in his mind. It's like if a kid got molested by a man, they would be leery of men as they got older. It doesn't make them sexist, it's a natural response to trauma.

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

Aug 7, 2022
Sauron is the main enemy in LOTR. He could change his appearance to deceive men and elves. He looked like my profile pic in the Second Age. The actual pic is from the game Shadow of War.
View attachment 97849
View attachment 97850
Is sauron in elf form to decieve them in your avatar? If so... Ha! I wasn't completely wrong.

Ah sweet Summers, I don't even mind if your body is an obese black gay guy as old as a dinosaur. I think you're awesome! It's nice how the internet allows us to be us, and we can't discriminate based on looks. By default I think everyone is a while male teenager, includong myself at some point. It's always fun when it's different. I wonder why people want just mirrors everywhere (narcissism?) But I cherish our pro choice echo chamber. I hate how society forces useless cripples like me to live another 50 years after they beg for death... To make antidepressant company rich I guess? Why our obsession with life at all cost? Maybe wars were useful to cull out overpopulation, the best won, strengtening the gene pool. I guess with atomic bombs it just became butchery... But maybe competing for ressources & killing weird looking mutants (babies with 8 limbs & 2 heads) was for the best. Maybe the urge to kill people who look too different was to save the tribe from alien invaders. Maybe there is a purpose to the racist instinct. After all, if the native americans had butchered my ancestors, they's still have their country... So... I do understand kids who bullied me, A small frail girl with thick glasses... Culling out the diseased & unviable... Especially in a crowded class, the instinct to cull out to preserve ressoyrces in a crowded barren environment sounds logical. I just wish they had pushed me downstairs and broke my neck, instead to push me to do suicide when I couldn't... Sometimes hate is love? We hate our ex loves... I'm not saying it's ok to bully... But I think that instinct might be rooted in a survival purpose?

What do you think lord of lords?
can I harass people based on the fact that they like anime?
Only if you harass me to talk about anime with you? My eyes burn so I can't read subs lately... I miss it.
Actually yes. The most cruel people were middle aged white men. So I resent my own race. I think Hitler was wrong & Japanese people are the true master race. Because anime beats cartoon 😆
Calm down with calling someone racist. Considering his first experience with black people was very negative, it's only natural for that to stick out in his mind. It's like if a kid got molested by a man, they would be leery of men as they got older. It doesn't make them sexist, it's a natural response to trauma.
Thank you so much for understanding & not hating me. He has a point though. Racism is racism even when it's a teauma response. It's kinda my point. I'd like people to entertain the pissibility that racist people are not all haters about to hurt someone, some are scared victims. It's our nature to fear the unknown & lash out feeling threatened. I think the hateful violent racists might be the most scared of all. But they're probably just sadist narcs using isolated minorities as an easy victim for a power trip. I hate those psychos. But not all racist people are like the worst... Not all racists are violent. Some just don't want to breed with other races. To preserve their culture maybe. To be compatible since tradition & religion can cause conflicts. Like circumcision, I think it's butchery so I wouldn't marry someone who think it's life saving... But we really need to give the blacks a break... And better opportunities.

By the way I'm a woman but you can call me "he" 😆 that explains my fan girl attitude towards you Summers. 😉

Last edited:
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

Aug 7, 2022
CL
You need to study history my friend. The Japanese were much worse than the Nazis. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes
Calling me your friend was probably just an expression but it was the highlight of my day, thank you.🙂

I read a lot, saved the rest for later. I read about some before. They were friends with the nazis. I thought the nazis killed more? Japanese human experiments never inspired the human centipede movie... I hope it was less soul shattering...

I like anime because they have some of the most intense messed up psychological horror. I was surprised to know how utterly polite they are. Maybe to avoid provoking each other's sadistic urges. I feel like my canadians are as mean as americans, but quick to appologize to prevent outburst of rage.

I read about opressed people wanting to ban a japanese flag before. I understand that it's a ptsd trigger... But unless we ban disrespect & abuse, it will restart under a new flag.

I want to visit Japan but I'd piss myself scared if someone hid their weed in my bag & their cops found it... The country is safe but justice is brural.
What drives people to do these kind of things?
Because they can, feel scared and angry... I read that bushido praused fighting to the death, so anyone who surrendered lost all honnor & rights. The top ranks beat people under & so on... Harder & harder as a misplaced revenge... Until civilian prisonners get tortured to vent their own abuse, in an attempt to gain back control & power lost during bearing beaten themselves...

I pity the sex slaves... I think I saw a video .. it was cruel... Not some sexy geisha... They vented their triggeted fight ir flight on those helpless women too.

Pain spreads pain. I don't know how to break the cycle. But I lived abuse & got violent myself. I'll never have pets & kids. Waking me up screaming is dangerous.

Last edited: