• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
This is completely understandable with the current climate. Honestly the most thing/person I'm worried about right now is @RainAndSadness, this affects all of us. I just imagine having to be at the top, making decisions and being affected by it all is the worst of all.

I'll always stand by you.

needed_

needed_

waiting for a miracle
Dec 17, 2021
I also want to thank @RainAndSadness to take the responsibility to make these difficult decisions. I think nobody really can say what the best way is and I truly hope that this is not the beginning of the end, just a transition.

Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
@RainAndSadness be aware that you're Twitter may be looked into cause Kelli posted it on her page. If we're going to go down this route then maybe we should delete the SS Twitter page in case. Sorry if I'm bothering you.

Attachments

• 734739EC-6C26-4D46-B22F-429C4EBEB7B8.png
    734739EC-6C26-4D46-B22F-429C4EBEB7B8.png
    383.8 KB · Views: 0
CrossroadsCurious

CrossroadsCurious

"Why do we do what we do?"
Dec 12, 2021
This is a bullshit decision made in fear! By doing this and all the other recent changes you have caved in to the NYT and others like them! You have intentionally done what they could not have forced you to do. This is a death sentence to the site! Congratulations! Prolifers win!

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
This is a bullshit decision made in fear! By doing this and all the other recent changes you have caved in to the NYT and others like them! You have intentionally done what they could not have forced you to do. This is a death sentence to the site! Congratulations! Prolifers win!
This depends on whether you prioritise fighting a political PR battle with high-profile media outlets above maintaining the site through a difficult time for the many users who pass through here and need this site to continue to exist.

steviewonder

steviewonder

Sexually Challenged
Nov 9, 2020
You did what had to be done. I want this forum to remain. I feel more connected to the members here than most of the people I meet in real life. For me it's the final connected consciousness before our deaths. Thank you for all your hard work ❤️
Dude it's that or the site gets taken down wtf

odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
I appreciate and understand that this was most likely a difficult decision to make. This is definitely the biggest change I've seen since I've been here. Sometimes you have to take one step back in order to take two forward.

I personally have found the method talk very repetitive in my time here. If you use the search function you will find what you're looking for, questions or discussion. I have read all I need to read and using bookmarks can keep much of what people are missing alive, minus "new" comments. Recently, some threads just seem to be fishing for what the outside world would see as "encouragement" so I understand the desire to limit this kind of talk for the time being.

I appreciate the mods doing what they feel they need to do to keep this place around.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This is a very challenging issue..but as far as I know whether the methods section is removed or not , there is still efforts from the prolifers to take this site down....

I share this sentiment. Even if all we discussed moving forward were kitty cats and puppy dogs they're going to continue coming after us just by the domain name alone.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
This is a death sentence to the site! Congratulations! Prolifers win!

If there was nothing more to this site than method talk, then, yes, it would be a death setence. Luckily for us there are other things that make this site valuable, such as:

1. Support for people who struggle with suicidal ideation
2. The possibility to vent about mental health problems and other types of challenges
3. An open forum to discuss suicide from the point of view of the individual, their families and society
4. Debates about the philosophical and moral implications of suicide

Don't count us out yet.

Iamchickenhat

Iamchickenhat

Experienced
Dec 17, 2021
I understand and respect the decision. But if I may aak, whats wrong with the kind of talk on methods specifically? You even have said there's nothing illegal about what is discussed here especially about methods. Unless I'm missing something I apologize.
I would like to know this too. And apologies, also
Well given the number of members with a cat as a profile pic maybe we have a great project. /s
Pupper here! All for this proposal

Iamchickenhat

Iamchickenhat

Experienced
Dec 17, 2021
Well given the number of members with a cat as a profile pic maybe we have a great project. /s
Pupper here! All for this proposal
There is obviously a reason for it that we are not being told, probably for a reason, and l do believe this was not something decided upon whimsically but l have noticed an increase in threads begun by members who joined post NYT along the lines of "can l ctb with x, y and z" and have stated elsewhere that l felt certain new members may have been fishing for anything which could be perceived or presented as "encouragement". This might just be my spidery senses on overdrive but I've long suspected that "method talk" is the device used by those infiltrating the site to gather up content and a moratorium on it would prevent members from interacting in a way which is only serving to give the site's enemies further ammo.

Yes it's censoring, but on a forum like this it's difficult to politely ask members to self-censor and be careful how they engage and with whom etc while the forum rides out a storm and l can see why this is probably necessary as a short-term measure given what my gut has been telling me about some threads started on here post NYT, l just hope it isn't permanent and it eventually blows over.
As a post nyt new memberi am grateful for the things ppl have told me bc since the day I joined I've spent most of every day on here. And it makes me very mad that these ppl have made this all happen. I'm working through a list of mine and I feel so much better. It's like I found an ingredient not in the SM that I take that is of a certain class and I wanted to offer it as a possible option.

And this all sux

L

lowlk

Sep 4, 2020
I never post, but i browse the forum every single day, even months before i finally made an account, without it i would have been dead a long time ago, by doing this change, and all the other recent changes, they won, pro-lifers won. Pro-choicers lost and if you can't see that you're fucking delusional.

With all these recent changes the admins acknowledge that what we had going in this forum wasent okay, you're scared and you gave in, which is really sad to see, imo the site shouldnt have changed ownership to new people that are scared of being doxxed or have it shut down, if i was the owner i would just make a pinned thread with my full name, phone number, address, social security number and the name of my dog, who the hell cares, i have no friends, no family, not doing anything illegal hosting the forum, there must be someone else who is considered trustworthy that could run the place and not care about what the world thinks about them.
I will still visit the forum as its the only thing i have, but it saddens me to see the changes on the forum, and knowing its only the beginning, this is just the start.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I never post, but i browse the forum every single day, even months before i finally made an account, without it i would have been dead a long time ago, by doing this change, and all the other recent changes, they won, pro-lifers won. Pro-choicers lost and if you can't see that you're fucking delusional.

With all these recent changes the admins acknowledge that what we had going in this forum wasent okay, you're scared and you gave in, which is really sad to see, imo the site shouldnt have changed ownership to new people that are scared of being doxxed or have it shut down, if i was the owner i would just make a pinned thread with my full name, phone number, address, social security number and the name of my dog, who the hell cares, i have no friends, no family, not doing anything illegal hosting the forum, there must be someone else who is considered trustworthy that could run the place and not care about what the world thinks about them.
I will still visit the forum as its the only thing i have, but it saddens me to see the changes on the forum, and knowing its only the beginning, this is just the start.
Pro-choicers lose when the site gets taken down fully. We are a marginalised community, we must accept this and act accordingly.

Some users of this site have an inflated idea of what can be achieved with it as a political vehicle. There are movements out there fighting that political battle and they have greater legitimacy than we do. The priority for this site at present should be in maintaining its presence for those who need it rather than engaging directly in a firefight that will see those same people without a necessary resource.

DisillusionedDragon

DisillusionedDragon

Pessimist/Antinatalist
Nov 25, 2020
I'm sad, devastated, furious, terrified and much more. None of this is directed at the mods, of course. We all know the rant that could follow now, I just don't have the capacity for it today. I'm exhausted.

omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
i don't think this is actually that big deal

unless your main indulgence of the forum was helping others die in suicide discussion, I don't see how this is too detrimental to anyone as long as the PPH and old discussion threads remain to be available.

unless I'm majorly overlooking the added value of peer advice for a successful attempt (because IMO you can't always believe everything you read unless it's backed up by a reputable third party like PPH anyway), anyone prepared to do the necessary research should still be able to achieve whatever they ultimately decide.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
i don't think this is actually that big deal

unless your main indulgence of the forum was helping others die in suicide discussion, I don't see how this is too detrimental to anyone as long as the PPH and old discussion threads remain to be available.

unless I'm majorly overlooking the added value of peer advice for a successful attempt (because IMO you can't always believe everything you read unless it's backed up by a reputable third party like PPH anyway), anyone prepared to do the necessary research should still be able to achieve whatever they ultimately decide.
Absolutely correct tbh, every discussion on every serious method has been done several times, the necessary info is still available in the ppeh, every single secondary question to this has been answered already, multiple times - obviously the chat around whichever brand new methods somebody on here decided to invent and were subsequently popularised would decrease, but that's no bad thing.

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I actually am of the minority in the sense that I think even pinning the PPH is risky at the moment. There are quite a few hidden interlopers here on the forum, as the NYT podcast has shown us, and leaving the link to the PPH might just drawn too much unwanted attention and a narrative that members of the forum are "misusing" the guide.

Having said all this, I think the move to lower any further risk at the moment is a measured and prudent decision. We're living in a time now where social media can invite overwhelming public opinion, "cancellations" (or however you want to phrase it), and legal pressures. As @Chinaski has said, let's not make the mistake of believing this site is meant to be a vehicle for a crusade. It was intended only to function as a safe space and doubling down is just asking for more trouble. There have also been previous DDoS attacks on the site, so we can't assume anything about the future security of the site. Why endanger it more?

Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
Fuck them for wanting to shut us all down and anyone who stands in our way !!!! We shouldnt have to cave in cause of them !!!! What do they know about OUR suffering ??? But i do understand but im just saying it feels like as if like caving in to them or something idk.. regardless of doing that they'll still want forum shut down.. um is saying stuff like "i want to kill myself" is still allowed ? I just wanna know ,thankyou so much ,From Simba

Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
Understandable, but it seems odd to still offer the PPH and still remove methods. I highly doubt it will change anything, and if anything they will just mention the fact that the PPH is right there under the other thread. If you feel that methods need to be gone from a discussion point you probably shouldn't be offering a book which contains methods and emails for methods.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Understandable, but it seems odd to still offer the PPH and still remove methods. I highly doubt it will change anything, and if anything they will just mention the fact that the PPH is right there under the other thread. If you feel that methods need to be gone from a discussion point you probably shouldn't be offering a book which contains methods and emails for methods.
I think the difference is we did not write the pph and are not responsible for its contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.