• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone.

I have to make an announcement regarding the forum rules. I'm sure all of you know about the current situation. We're under a lot of heat and I made the decision with staff to temporarily halt talk about methods. That's not an easy decision but considering the circumstances it might be a necessary one. This new rule applies to all new content and to make this entire change easier for us, we have decided to create a new suicide subforum in which this rule is enforced. The old subforum will be locked but still visible to members to eductional purposes. I'm aware that's an unpopular decision and I recognise this cuts deeply into autonomy of members in this community. And it's something I don't announce lightly. You know my stance regarding this subject. But it's our priority to keep this community alive and I think it's the best course to sacrifice one of the most controversial aspects of this forum to ensure this goal. I'm sorry I don't have better news for the moment but I hope the future will bring clearance.

All other talks regarding suicide, including goodbye threads, are still allowed. Just the how's regarding methods have to stop for now. I'm gonna pin the PPH to the suicide discussion forum.

Sincerely,
RaindAndSadness

Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
I understand and respect the decision. But if I may aak, whats wrong with the kind of talk on methods specifically? You even have said there's nothing illegal about what is discussed here especially about methods. Unless I'm missing something I apologize.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
WOW this is shocking but, if I'm being honest, not completely surprising considering the recent events that have brought on so much heat, and even forced Marquis to quit.

I am deeply saddened to see such a valuble source of information be lost. I have read your threads, Rain, I know where you stand on this issue and I understand that you have not made this decision lightly. If the choice stands between closing down SS altogether and bannishing discussion about methods, there is only one possible course of action.

I can only hope this decision will be reverted, once things have calmed down.

Thank you for all your efforts!

Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
to temporarily

no. this is not temporary.

it always starts small. governments use the same technique. taking away people's rights little by little. this site will soon be unrecognizable, it will lose its essence.

this is not your fault, ss mods. I recodnize that, but please don't gaslight your members.

Last edited:
Circles

Circles

Sep 3, 2018
All other talks regarding suicide, including goodbye threads, are still allowed. Just the how's regarding methods have to stop for now. I'm gonna pin the PPH to the suicide discussion forum.
I'm really sorry for the questions I'm kind of confused after looking at the Suicide discussion section. How are you going to enforce others not to speak about methods? Probably best to put a stickied post above the section to remind not to talk about suicide methods. Also another question is if there is talk of suicide methods in that section does that warrant being reported?

Here's the first post asking about a method in that section so again what then and how to enforce it?: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/is-scuba-mask-method-that-easy.80508/

Last edited:
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I understand and respect the decision. But if I may aak, whats wrong with the kind of talk on methods specifically? You even have said there's nothing illegal about what is discussed here especially about methods. Unless I'm missing something I apologize.

I still believe these conversations are legal and completely fine from a moral perspective. This is a forum for consenting and autonomous adults and we have a right to discuss topics regarding our right to die - and I think that includes ways to achieve a peaceful exit. I'm just careful given the current dynamic of the situation, that's it.

I'm really sorry for the questions I'm kind of confused after looking at the Suicide discussion section. How are you going to enforce others not to speak about methods? Probably best to put a stickied post above the section to remind not to talk about suicide methods. Also another question is if there is talk of suicide methods in that section does that warrant being reported?

Here's the first post asking about a method in that section so again what then and how to enforce it?: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/is-scuba-mask-method-that-easy.80508/

It's gonna take some time to adjust to the new rules, that's for sure and it might require more attention from moderators to enforce this policy at first but people will get used to it eventually.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I wanted to reply to some threads in the suicide discussion that did not even mention methods at all and I also wanted to react to the posts in my own thread. It is a shame it had to end. This forum was the only thing I had.

Circles

Circles

Sep 3, 2018
I still believe these conversations are legal and completely fine from a moral perspective. This is a forum for consenting and autonomous adults and we have a right to discuss topics regarding our right to die - and I think that includes ways to achieve a peaceful exit. I'm just careful given the current dynamic of the situation, that's it.
I understand and I hope it's temporary but that's the thing even if it's temporary or not these prolifers aren't going to stop just because we stopped talking about methods. We're just giving into pressure.

Also could you respond to my second post:

Are we going to be reported on now that we can't talk about methods?

Last edited:
D

Daria98765

Student
Dec 2, 2021
No method discussion?I'm going to be the first one to leave a negative comment,but for me there is only one main reason why i use this site : to find a better way to die and now SS literally lost it's main feature.Can't we just create an onion version of SS?No offense,i understand you(admin) have no choice,i'm just to trying to find a way to save OUR right to make our death easier.USA government is literally oppressing the most vulnerable part of the society : people whose mental or physical condition is so awful that they seriously want to die and looking for best method,reading books about suicide.SanctionedSuicide is not guilty in people's suicide.If SS didn't exist,people would still kill themselves but with more painful method like hanging or cutting veins.Megan Twohey and Gabriel are just hype greedy journalists,they spoiled our life just for some likes and retweets..

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Nothing new under the sun, anyway. All of the method stuff was just people saying the same things over and over. Not sure how this would deter the neurotypicals from wanting to take the site down, but I hope it has some effect.

Circles

Circles

Sep 3, 2018
I doubt the policy is in response to some pesky individuals.

More likely concern about civil and legal liability.
But the mods have said time and time again there's nothing illegal talked about on here atleast regarding methods. And maybe I'm not understanding it right. If this a response to help insure that Marquis or Serge doesn't get into legal trouble or the other mods besides just the survival of this site then I understand completely. But this just means they win by making us censoring ourselves.

R

rationalis

Student
Nov 25, 2021
But the mods have said time and time again there's nothing illegal talked about on here atleast regarding methods. And maybe I'm not understanding it right. If this a response to help insure that Marquis or Serge doesn't get into legal trouble or themselves besides just the survival of this site then I understand completely. But this just means they win by us censoring ourselves.
Of course we all have to decide whether we are doing is legal or illegal every day.

But ultimately, the police, prosecutors, judges, and juries actually decide whether something is illegal.

And private parties can always sue for any reason. Even if the case is dismissed early on, the responding party has to spend time and money. And it is stressful.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
But the mods have said time and time again there's nothing illegal talked about on here atleast regarding methods. And maybe I'm not understanding it right. If this a response to help insure that Marquis or Serge doesn't get into legal trouble or the other mods besides just the survival of this site then I understand completely. But this just means they win by making us censoring ourselves.
There is obviously a reason for it that we are not being told, probably for a reason, and l do believe this was not something decided upon whimsically but l have noticed an increase in threads begun by members who joined post NYT along the lines of "can l ctb with x, y and z" and have stated elsewhere that l felt certain new members may have been fishing for anything which could be perceived or presented as "encouragement". This might just be my spidery senses on overdrive but I've long suspected that "method talk" is the device used by those infiltrating the site to gather up content and a moratorium on it would prevent members from interacting in a way which is only serving to give the site's enemies further ammo.

Yes it's censoring, but on a forum like this it's difficult to politely ask members to self-censor and be careful how they engage and with whom etc while the forum rides out a storm and l can see why this is probably necessary as a short-term measure given what my gut has been telling me about some threads started on here post NYT, l just hope it isn't permanent and it eventually blows over.

Circles

Circles

Sep 3, 2018
There is obviously a reason for it that we are not being told, probably for a reason, and l do believe this was not something decided upon whimsically but l have noticed an increase in threads begun by members who joined post NYT along the lines of "can l ctb with x, y and z" and have stated elsewhere that l felt certain new members may have been fishing for anything which could be perceived or presented as "encouragement". This might just be my spidery senses on overdrive but I've long suspected that "method talk" is the device used by those infiltrating the site to gather up content and a moratorium on it would prevent members from interacting in a way which is only serving to give the site's enemies further ammo.

Yes it's censoring, but on a forum like this it's difficult to politely ask members to self-censor and be careful how they engage and with whom etc while the forum rides out a storm and l can see why this is probably necessary as a short-term measure given what my gut has been telling me about some threads started on here post NYT, l just hope it isn't permanent and it eventually blows over.
Okay I agree with you but if people are fishing for bait they already got enough ammo and plus if that's the case why not ban the partners page also since that could be considered encouraging or hell what about what's said in goodbye threads now? Are we going to self censor that also? Even with this they're still going to find whatever is useful to them and then distort it to fit their narrative. Plus how are the mods going to enforce how we talk now especially since they can't keep up with everything people say? Does talking about a method now warrant being reported on? This is like Reddit all over again. I know and completely agree we need to take measures but this just...ugh.

blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
no. this is not temporary.

it always starts small. governments use the same technique. taking away people's rights little by little. this site will soon be unrecognizable and will lose its essence soon.

this is not your fault, ss mods. I recodnize that, but please don't gaslight your members.
This will be most likely the case. I guess at least I'll have a strong motivation to CTB when the site eventually goes down. The pro-lifers can cheer all they want, good fucking bye lol

blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
Okay I agree with you but if people are fishing for bait they already got enough ammo and plus if that's the case why not ban the partners page also since that could be considered encouraging or hell what about what's said in goodbye threads now? Are we going to self censor that also? Even with this they're still going to find whatever is useful to them and then distort it to fit their narrative. Plus how are the mods going to enforce how we talk now especially since they can't keep up with everything people say? Does talking about a method now warrant being reported on? This is like Reddit all over again. I know and completely agree we need to take measures but this just...ugh.
This is exactly what happened to lostallhope.com . The method talk there is gone now, forever.

Reactions: AnnonyBox
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Yeah l don't disagree with you, particularly re the partners thread tbh, but l think if, and tbh I'm only speculating as there are probably other, bigger reasons beyond this one, people are deliberately setting up accounts and inviting method chat immediately, it only takes one weirdly enthusiastic reply for them to have their material served up to them directly. I do get that this is a slippery slope re censorship but the forum has been under some attack by powerful media outlets and it does no harm to prioritise temporary protective measures for the entire community over "muh free speech".

Would add that method chat has been done several times, the only "new" method chat are the very unserious methods. So it's still there.

justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
D

deathisnear

Experienced
May 23, 2021
This makes me very upset and disgusted that we would be forced basically to take this down. I completely understand and respect your decision - and I am thankful you are doing what you can to keep SS active, but I am extremely angry and the outside forces causing this. Leave us the fuck alone. They don't understand us, they don't understand what it's like to have no place to turn to when you have to bury this side of yourself from the world. So a big FUCK YOU to the media and the outside forces watching us. But again, thank you for doing what you can to keep this going and I respect your decision mods.

blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211229-004237.png
    Screenshot_20211229-004237.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
There are still publications like NYT who will spread methods in their articles .

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.