• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Thanks for all the constructive criticism. After considering all the arguments put forward in this thread, we've made the decision to disable the 2-way block feature. We have received a lot of feedback and concerns which highlight potential problems and abuse behind this function. While I still think it had a lot of potential, the way it was implemented allowed members to exclude others from entire threads and therefore hindered them to engage with the community and access information on a broad scale. That was never the intention behind this feature. It disrupted and limited access to conversations in a negative way and I do think this strongly outweights the benefits that were supposed to come with that function. I don't think a forum like ours that puts such a strong empathis on speech should rely on features that restricts it so heavily.

Tl;dr - this feature has been removed.
Perhaps editing the first post in the thread and/or locking the thread it would be a good idea? I foresee many people just reading the first post and wondering why the feature "doesn't work".

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
That's a good idea. I think we can close this chapter now. You can post additional feedback in the forum suggestion subforum.

Here is my post regarding this feature, just in case anyone missed it:
Thanks for all the constructive criticism. After considering all the arguments put forward in this thread, we've made the decision to disable the 2-way block feature. We have received a lot of feedback and concerns which highlight potential problems and abuse behind this function. While I still think it had a lot of potential, the way it was implemented allowed members to exclude others from entire threads and therefore hindered them to engage with the community and access information on a broad scale. That was never the intention behind this feature. It disrupted and limited access to conversations in a negative way and I do think this strongly outweights the benefits that were supposed to come with that function. I don't think a forum like ours that puts such a strong empathis on speech should rely on features that restricts it so heavily.

Tl;dr - this feature has been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.