Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
Thanks whale! Can you suggest a needle to buy?.
I had to think about this, for as much as I greatly wish for you to find peace, I don't feel right in directly sending any links for products or suggesting specific ones because I know what they would be used for, and for me that would feel like participating in someone's CTB. I 100% support you in your own decisions though, and I wish you had someone there supporting you in person.

My suggestion is to use specific words of what you are looking for- not general words or phrases but the exact words of what you're searching for- and you should be able to find what you want on the common sites (like a certain popular shopping site).

Reactions: Spitfire
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I had to think about this, for as much as I greatly wish for you to find peace, I don't feel right in directly sending any links for products or suggesting specific ones because I know what they would be used for, and for me that would feel like participating in someone's CTB. I 100% support you in your own decisions though, and I wish you had someone there supporting you in person.

My suggestion is to use specific words of what you are looking for- not general words or phrases but the exact words of what you're searching for- and you should be able to find what you want on the common sites (like a certain popular shopping site).

It would be easy to find the information and about what is needed. It is probably more difficult for someone who doesn't really know what it is they are looking for though.

I think in order to really know what to look for you should know why you are looking for it, probably should know how to use it if you are wanting to get it, you know?

What I find somewhat difficult and have trouble with is to give advice to someone with no experience.

It almost seems necessary to get too deeply involved. It is hard to explain what I am trying to say, except to say I would worry about things if they would not go as planned, because of the lack of experience.

All situations are different though.

I like your advice

Reactions: Whale_bones and trainwreck2
T

trainwreck2

Aug 31, 2020
I took all 3 liquid meds orally, but they all burned my throat after awhile, so I asked for pill form instead.

And a couple more pics.

I got a few more f patches today. If I ctb the day my meds are delivered, it might not take too long to collect enough (would 15 be enough?). I'm just scared that I'll wake up the next morning because my body isn't absorbing due to lack of body fat. I guess every method brings some paranoia with it.

Attachments

• E5692A74-4882-4085-8C6A-16D1FF9094B8.jpeg
    E5692A74-4882-4085-8C6A-16D1FF9094B8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 302880A9-10DF-4C8A-9CDC-FBE43F5134CF.jpeg
    302880A9-10DF-4C8A-9CDC-FBE43F5134CF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
It would be easy to find the information and about what is needed. It is probably more difficult for someone who doesn't really know what it is they are looking for though.

I think in order to really know what to look for you should know why you are looking for it, probably should know how to use it if you are wanting to get it, you know?

It isn't super easy to find what she needs. I had to do it, several years ago, and it took time and effort. When I did it, needles didn't come up for many search pages at the common online stores. I had to be very specific and look carefully, and wade through 40 products that didn't have a needle tip to find one that did. It was also challenging to find clear and accurate instructions on injecting, because most terms associated with that just bring up hundreds of pages about rehabs, withdrawal, etc.

This is why I was tempted to give her links directly, because I know she is severely exhausted from her medical issues and may not have the ability to put the time and effort into searching. However, if I give someone access to something they aren't able to access themselves, that's participating in their CTB for me. It doesn't feel right, so I can only give her tips on how to search and she must do the rest.

Reactions: trainwreck2
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Click to expand...Thanks for flipping the packages around. I was on a small mobile device yesterday, and could not really see them.

What you have in medicine and supplies are not specific things I have experience with using. They would not be used in an emergency.. we do not ever set-up subcutaneous lines in an emergency setting. Not to say I am not familiar with what they are or never seen them before, or things like them.

I would rip into a package like that in an instant in order to establish IV access on an infant without a doubt. In the emergency department we have tons of packages and different types of set-ups, and we would use them in ways to suit whatever purpose needed sometimes...

A butterfly needle with wings, tubing with a clamp, a 10ml syringe, tape, and dressings are worth something.

I am interested in your medicines. I am not familiar with the specifics on the ones you have, to be sure about them? These are oral medicines. They look like good medicines. The Oxycodone is potent. The Morphine is potent. The Ativan is standard dosage, but a large volume of it...

You just have a tolerance and issue of malabsorption to the oral medications.

I need to look them up when I get the time in order to know more about the medicine. I am most interested to know more about the morphine.

If you get a weeks supply of the patches at a time of 100mcg Fentanyl, it would make sense to plan the day accordingly.

Have you thought about getting a port?

Reactions: trainwreck2
T

trainwreck2

Aug 31, 2020
It isn't super easy to find what she needs. I had to do it, several years ago, and it took time and effort. When I did it, needles didn't come up for many search pages at the common online stores. I had to be very specific and look carefully, and wade through 40 products that didn't have a needle tip to find one that did. It was also challenging to find clear and accurate instructions on injecting, because most terms associated with that just bring up hundreds of pages about rehabs, withdrawal, etc.

This is why I was tempted to give her links directly, because I know she is severely exhausted from her medical issues and may not have the ability to put the time and effort into searching. However, if I give someone access to something they aren't able to access themselves, that's participating in their CTB for me. It doesn't feel right, so I can only give her tips on how to search and she must do the rest.

I didn't see your post, haven't been to the site in a few days. Just wanted to say thank you and I understand your position on not providing links.

Reactions: Whale_bones
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
You said you are frail so my main concern is your vein not rupturing stat pushing so much medication. Do you have sterile saline? Flush a few ml between each medication to avoid a reaction before you're able to finish getting them all in.

Reactions: whitefeather and trainwreck2
T

trainwreck2

Aug 31, 2020
I've got nothing but the meds at the moment. Probably just another unviable method for me. But thank you for the information just the same!