• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

joptr

joptr

May 25, 2022
Does anyone binge watch NDE videos on youtube? I like Jeff Mara, but its so comforting to see whats waiting us on the other side.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Haven't watched any videos on this topic lately, but will post any if I come across them.

My main sources are:

joptr

joptr

May 25, 2022
Nderf is good, but video interviews are always compelling

Reactions: Pluto
A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
I just want to go a bit off-topic and say the NDE's which have Jesus or God are definitely hallucinations and the fact so many people see these two in their NDEs gives some proof that they aren't an actual afterlife/they arent actually dead.
I know 100% confident atheists like to talk about nothingness after death to make themselves superior to those who believe in an afterlife but the Bible and even Quran says those who die DO go to 'nothingness' however when Jesus returns then the dead will wake up and be judged by God.
TLDR: People who say they see the abrahamic messengers or God must either be lying or they arent dead because the Bible itself says you dont witness anything after you're dead, you only go to Heaven and Hell/witness an afterlife after Jesus returns to Earth

Last edited:
joptr

joptr

May 25, 2022
I just want to go a bit off-topic and say the NDE's which have Jesus or God are definitely hallucinations and the fact so many people see these two in their NDEs gives some proof that they aren't an actual afterlife/they arent actually dead.
I know 100% confident atheists like to talk about nothingness after death to make themselves superior to those who believe in an afterlife but the Bible and even Quran says those who die DO go to 'nothingness' however when Jesus returns then the dead will wake up and be judged by God.
TLDR: People who say they see the abrahamic messengers or God must either be lying or they arent dead because the Bible itself says you dont witness anything after you're dead, you only go to Heaven and Hell/witness an afterlife after Jesus returns to Earth
How do you take those to be either inerrant or true? They also have internal contradictory information, so I'd take someone's personal experience over literature thats copied 100s of times with all the mistakes that brings.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
There are definitely some accounts that I would consider hallucinatory due to wildly atypical content.

On the other hand, others are simply irrefutable. Examples include:
* A technically dead patient in ER overhearing conversations in another room, verified by medical professionals (this has happened countless times)
* A dead patient going to a distant place which they later visit in real life and can navigate with ease
* Blind people have full sight during NDEs
* Unexplainable miraculous healings, eg. pervasive cancer clearing up within weeks of an NDE
* Other stuff: accurate predictions about the future, newfound abilities, etc. I'm not going to go into it all.

Regarding Jesus, NDE experiences tend to be tailored to the individual. Equivalent accounts of other cultures would have their own appropriate imagery. My understanding is that this is done to make the transition comfortable. In this context, 'God' is quite universally depicted as a bright white light with a powerful presence; this is not specific to any religion hence its universality, including atheist NDEs.

Reactions: joptr
joptr

joptr

May 25, 2022
There are definitely some accounts that I would consider hallucinatory due to wildly atypical content.

On the other hand, others are simply irrefutable. Examples include:
* A technically dead patient in ER overhearing conversations in another room, verified by medical professionals (this has happened countless times)
* A dead patient going to a distant place which they later visit in real life and can navigate with ease
* Blind people have full sight during NDEs
* Unexplainable miraculous healings, eg. pervasive cancer clearing up within weeks of an NDE
* Other stuff: accurate predictions about the future, newfound abilities, etc. I'm not going to go into it all.

Regarding Jesus, NDE experiences tend to be tailored to the individual. Equivalent accounts of other cultures would have their own appropriate imagery. My understanding is that this is done to make the transition comfortable. In this context, 'God' is quite universally depicted as a bright white light with a powerful presence; this is not specific to any religion hence its universality, including atheist NDEs.
Generally yes, but theres a very high ratio of accounts that include Jesus. Take jeff mara's podcast, hes not a christian, but every other video has a Jesus reference.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Generally yes, but theres a very high ratio of accounts that include Jesus. Take jeff mara's podcast, hes not a christian, but every other video has a Jesus reference.
I have noticed that too. I'm quite an outspoken critic of Christianity on the whole, yet I have often seen that when people on the other side find themselves stuck in a void or whatever, calling Jesus' name seems to bring help. Might even work to some degree when people are still 'alive'.

The best explanation that I can offer is that the true nature of life is formless and thus impossible for the mind to picture or conceptualise. That includes our own true nature. Therefore, the place for deified spiritual teachers and Gods is to provide some sort of doorway between the human mind and the Tao that cannot be spoken of. Despite the various controversies with Christianity, Jesus himself is the most widely known and revered teacher on this planet. Hence his name and form would tend to be appropriate in this situation.

Reactions: joptr
joptr

joptr

May 25, 2022
I have noticed that too. I'm quite an outspoken critic of Christianity on the whole, yet I have often seen that when people on the other side find themselves stuck in a void or whatever, calling Jesus' name seems to bring help. Might even work to some degree when people are still 'alive'.

The best explanation that I can offer is that the true nature of life is formless and thus impossible for the mind to picture or conceptualise. That includes our own true nature. Therefore, the place for deified spiritual teachers and Gods is to provide some sort of doorway between the human mind and the Tao that cannot be spoken of. Despite the various controversies with Christianity, Jesus himself is the most widely known and revered teacher on this planet. Hence his name and form would tend to be appropriate in this situation.

If you've crossed over and sense imminent evil or danger, most people are going to call on that name, despite what they said in life. Myself included.