• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Does watching gore increase the likelihood an individual commits suicide eventually?

• Yes

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Many on here watch gore. Most of us are suicidal. However, the causality might go in both directions. Suicidal people might watch more gore. And watching gore might make a person more suicidal.

When I was a suicidal teenager, abused by my mom I started watching gore. I think the suicidal thoughts came first. But it was a really unhealthy coping mechanism. I think it was very important for me staying away from more of that content after watching some videos. There are some indicators that might predict you can get PTSD from watching such content. It is a while ago I watched that German Youtube video. Take it with a grain of salt. But I think they said the people who empathize the most with the shown people have the highest risk that it will eventually haunt them. (by getting PTSD and stuff like that.) I had some nightmares years later of the worst videos I watched. I think I might fall into this category.

I am already a complete mental wreck. I don't need to being more of a mess.

Personally I have the feeling gore increases the likelihood someone commits suicide eventually. This is only my lay-man opinion. And I think this rule does not apply to all people. Some people seemingly get a comforting feeling by watching it. This is at least what some people on here described. I cannot realte to that.
Gore often desensitizes of death and suicide. This is at least what many people describe. On the other hand others said they ruled out methods after watching people dying with that method.

Take my lay-man opinion as always with a grain of salt. What do you think? I think gore might increase the likelihood of a spiral down into the abyss. Maybe I am too negative about it. The impact on my mind certainly was not good. Probably the extent of the consumption like very extreme content every single day in masses does more damage than other stuff. I had especially extreme consumption behavior in mind asking me this question.

Last edited:
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I've seen some pretty awful gore/abuse videos. The videos where animals are being abused still haunt me to this day. The very same year I saw particularly awful videos of animal abuse, I had a mental breakdown and attempted suicide, which led to me being involuntarily hospitalized. Granted, I was going through other things besides that, but that was awful. I still get flashbacks of those videos. Some things just never leave you.

E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
Witnessing some of it has kind of scared me away from CTB at least without generous amounts of pain-killers and sedatives beforehand. It is just too real, cuz it is.

On the other hand the haunting nature of it has caused me to be pretty depressed and might be a contributing factor in the end.
It is pretty rough to discover the reality that a high percentage of the people around you are even worse than the serial killers you read about and when caught on camera (literally red-handed) are highly sadistic torturers, just like the universe itself.

Ultimately I do not know and voted that way.
It is clear that many humans, those producing the abuse videos and paying for them, those doing the raping torturing and looting in the many conflicts of humanity, and more, indeed thoroughly enjoy and are invigorated by gore especially in person. For them it probably makes them want to live even more to torture more. Nature's chosen ones. Some of us who are disturbed/haunted by it and suffering in daily life as it is are probably the opposite, nature's chosen victims -- so viewing it or not probably does not matter as ultimately our destiny is to just be tortured for the joy of evil.

Reactions: divinemistress36
I

ImGoingHome

Apr 7, 2024
Suicide gore is comforting to me. I feel a bit of kinship with them, and it makes me happy that they were able to successfully cbt. Not that I want anyone to. I wish no one ever suffered to the extent that was their only option, but if they came to the decision rationally then I'm glad they are at peace.

Other gore not so much. It's weird, if something is in the news I immediately go to yandex & have no issue watching whatever, but 99% of the stuff I see besides what I'm specifically looking for turns my stomach. No nausea or anything, just a very strong desire to look away. Unless it's particularly horrendous then I just have to see...

I can definitely see it impacting someone's decision-more often I'd imagine it might turn someone off after they see the reality of what they're contemplating. If it doesn't & they continue watching it may desensitise them & normalise it, increasing the likelihood. I would imagine in any case it's probably not "healthy," whatever that even means.

A friend of mine way back in school told me how his dad/stepdad made him watch faces of death when he was 3. He said it messed him up but didn't go into detail. He was an amazing person, probably the best friend I ever had. We're both super empathetic, love animals, completely non-violent, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
sick.faery

sick.faery

Mar 18, 2021
if it's suicide gore yea (though when i'm saying gore its like just it being a recorded suicide. not ness this super violent thing). like it's been found scientifically that if you watch gore of your chosen method in the days or the day before your attempt it's makes it more likely for you to go through with it and also succeed. though if it's just general gore not really unless it traumatizes you truly (like ptsd level), which then it can make you more likely to feel suicidal yea. but you'd need to watch a lottttttttt of it at like social media site mods level to get it

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you.
Dec 14, 2023
i don't think there's much relationship. just like 90s kids playing doom didn't cause more mass shootings (that came 2 decades later lol) like 90s parents thought, i don't think watching gore will make you suicidal, just either lessen your si, or make you more afraid of death

Last edited:
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
I was pretty apathetic to crush videos/animal abuse videos when I was a kid [I think to spare me of being traumatized? Dissociation?] but nowadays I can't watch them. It makes me want to hurt people [rightfully so] but I can't handle that kind of stress. I'd end up redirecting it onto myself and it'd make me suicidal due to hopelessness of humanity at that point.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I don't know because I've never watched gore

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
I used to think all the claims that what media you put in can influence you were just Super Christian™️ bullshit. But then I saw Saló/120 Days of Sodom. There are snuff films less disturbing than that movie. I couldn't sleep the next night over what was contained in it. And this is coming from someone who spends a lot of time with more extreme cinema like Antichrist, Martyrs, etc.