• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

magiclife

Aug 8, 2020
Today i called the National Suicide Prevention UK helpline and I was actually quite surprised with how good they were. Its about time we had somewhere else to call rather than being stuck with the same old Samaritans that only listen. The call i had with them was just like talking to a mate i haven't seen in a while. They seem to be a great bunch of people all based in one office rather than across the UK!! And they answered in like 2 mins! and the number don't show on your phone bill.

They are only open 6pm to 1am tho but at least is 365 on 0800 689 5652
Anyway that's my review, im actually impressed for a change.

D

DeadKennedy

Mar 30, 2024
i know that the UK has its range of problems in healthcare especially lately, but man im so jealous of so many aspects of the mental healthcare system over there, and this is coming from someone who is fortunate enuf to have good health coverage in the US. it seems like its so much more of a gamble over here when it comes to quality of care and christ it takes so long unless you're on the verge of involuntary hospitalization. and from what ive heard from this site the process for sectioning is so much more humane (even if still involuntary), and it seems like the experience in the hospital is better over there too. im way too scared to get on a hotline here in the states in fear that my situation will just get worse. im not the most experienced in the mental healthcare system over here and im sorry for ranting but man it feels like the system works better over there even if there is still a tidal wave of shit to deal with

Reactions: Kit1