• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Justnotme

Justnotme

Mar 7, 2022
A few weeks ago, I bought myself EXACTLY the same installation, but in white.
Unfortunately, I don't live alone and I don't even have a door in my own room. That's why I can't attach this turnstile to the wall and try it out.. And I would really like to do it.

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
A few weeks ago, I bought myself EXACTLY the same installation, but in white.
In case you will find a way to install it. My installator said the wall should be a brick, or a reinforced concrete, not aerated concrete block (не "газоблок"). Otherwise they will not give a guarantee. The wall above a door in my room was made from aerated concrete (7-8 centimeters thickness), so I chosed other place.

G

grahf

Broken English from Indonesia
Mar 3, 2024
What knot are you gonna use for anchor and your neck

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Is that high enough for full?

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I assume yes. It's about 233 cm height, while I am 178 cm.
@Praestat_Mori has a point there. You are left with only 55cm space. You should check it first (with caution of cause) The noose needs to be big enough to fit your head but once it tightens it might be longer than you assumed. Adjusting the hight takes some time, many have encountered this problem including myself.

B

BardBarrie

Student
Mar 17, 2024
Just got installed my new anchor point yesterday.
The product description says it can hold up to 250 kg.
I paid for it about 63 usd (in my local currency) including installation by a professioal.

View attachment 132269View attachment 132270

I have a similar bar, except mine is at the top of an exercise frame thing. Advertised weight limit 400lbs.

My only major concern however, is that instead of being dispersed over the ~20cm width of the the hangee's two hands gripping the bar — like the product is designed for — all of my bodyweight is being channelled via a ~1.2cm width of rope.

Basically I'm concerned that my bodyweight all being concentrated at a single rope point will place additional strain on the bar and potentially bend it(?).

My "solution" to this is going to be trialling having around 7-or-so mini loops tied around the bar, with my main ligature threading through them — hopefully dispersing my bodyweight across a wider area (the cumulative width of the loops).

What're your thoughts on this?

Amaree

Amaree

Jun 15, 2021
I have a similar bar, except mine is at the top of an exercise frame thing. Advertised weight limit 400lbs.

My only major concern however, is that instead of being dispersed over the ~20cm width of the the hangee's two hands gripping the bar — like the product is designed for — all of my bodyweight is being channelled via a ~1.2cm width of rope.

Basically I'm concerned that my bodyweight all being concentrated at a single rope point will place additional strain on the bar and potentially bend it(?).

My "solution" to this is going to be trialling having around 7-or-so mini loops tied around the bar, with my main ligature threading through them — hopefully dispersing my bodyweight across a wider area (the cumulative width of the loops).

Thats been a concern of mine too , i would be really interested if anyone had any solid info about that and if it could be a problem. Can i ask what youre planning on making the loops out of? And how they attach to the bar

B

BardBarrie

Student
Mar 17, 2024
Thats been a concern of mine too , i would be really interested if anyone had any solid info about that and if it could be a problem. Can i ask what youre planning on making the loops out of? And how they attach to the bar
I've taken an edited photo of my rig.
Pretend the blue looped knots/rings are the "displacement loops" and the green one is the main ligature.

Ultimately they'll both be parts cut from the same rope, I've just coloured them differently for ease of inderstanding.

What I'm gonna do is use both arms to grab onto the green ligature and then try to lift my feet up from the ground — to basically dangle freely from my arms for as long as I can to test if the black bar will support my weight, distributed amongst the multiple blue rope loops.

If it can support me dangling via my arms, it'll support me dangling via my neck.

If it fails then I'll need to search for either a tree or some other outside horizontal bar/ligature point that will support my weight, which will suck because I want to die indoors. IMG 20240317 WA0005

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa, Kyrie Eleison
Sep 22, 2023
I cant believe I never thought of just buying something to put onto the wall 😫

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
Good point, did not think about it before. I think I will tie the rope to those two metal arms stemming from the wall. By the way, my salesperson says I can hold the punching bag on the bar itself, but only up to 45 kg. So, mathematically, I think, if a bar is okay for 45 kg on a carabiner, 5 carabiners should distribute the pressure enough to match the full specification weight.
What rope are you gonna use
I looked for 10 mm static climbing rope. Mine was made from polyamide, but I had no materials to chose from, it seemed like all ropes mathing the specs in the store was made form polyamide. Mine can hold up to 2300 kg.

Last edited:
G

grahf

Broken English from Indonesia
Mar 3, 2024
Some 1.2cm width blue synthetic stuff from a local hardware store, though I've heard this type is recommended:

I looked for 10 mm static climbing rope. Mine was made from polyamide, but I had no materials to chose from, it seemed like all ropes mathing the specs in the store was made form polyamide. Mine can hold up to 2300 kg.
Thanks you

Reactions: BardBarrie
Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
I updated my choice. Returned 10 mm and ordered the same rope, but 12 mm wide. I've read that it should be more comfortable.

• Informative
Reactions: grahf