Misfortunete

Misfortunete

I’ve been hurt, so i will hurt others
Sep 14, 2023
I was talking to my mother on the phone yesterday, I was emotional before we started talking so I happened to talk about my feelings a little and I said "Sometimes when I am feeling sad I want to rip out my hair" She said a couple of things and asked if I was still cutting my legs, I forgot she knew about it, I said no and we talked a little more. In the past I said I wanted to see a therapist, and saying that was really hard for me. I mentioned it again and she said I could see a free one which is only for ten minutes. I won't go because I think it's not worth it. The thing I don't understand is if she knew that I SH why she never talked about it or asked me why I was doing it. I think she just doesn't want to accept that I am not okay, I will never talk about this stuff with her ever again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nlis2244
doomdoll

doomdoll

if i can’t be my own, i’d feel better dead
Nov 2, 2023
It's so difficult to try to wrap our minds around what our parents are thinking, especially with decisions like that. I'm sorry you're being let down and that she's not offering you the support you expressed you truly need.

hopeisdead

hopeisdead

Into the void.
Aug 15, 2023
I was talking to my mother on the phone yesterday, I was emotional before we started talking so I happened to talk about my feelings a little and I said "Sometimes when I am feeling sad I want to rip out my hair" She said a couple of things and asked if I was still cutting my legs, I forgot she knew about it, I said no and we talked a little more. In the past I said I wanted to see a therapist, and saying that was really hard for me. I mentioned it again and she said I could see a free one which is only for ten minutes. I won't go because I think it's not worth it. The thing I don't understand is if she knew that I SH why she never talked about it or asked me why I was doing it. I think she just doesn't want to accept that I am not okay, I will never talk about this stuff with her ever again.
My mother also will not accept that I'm not okay. I'm 40 and had to move back in with her. I can hardly function and she expects me to keep going like nothing is wrong. It's terrible.

• Hugs
Reactions: 404_error and rosenwasser