aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
so I'm not gonna name suburbs or cities but slavery is practiced all around me (making someone perform physical labours without owing him or her anything).

I'm not personally involved in it, but I'm regularly in contact with slaves. And you know what? It baffles me how tolerant these people are with their situation. In fact, it disgustme. It's hard to feel any compassion for someone with so little self-respect (irrational, I know. Just speaking from my gut). Seing them triggers rage in me, but not against their owner, against them (classic of blame of the victim).

But we're no different. We are mindless robots producing pointless intense intellectual work and selling our soul for a few coins. I see no difference between these slaves and us.

None.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, ansiedad and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Most people are certainly slaves of the system.
Just look at those typical underpaid office jobs!

Anyway, there are worse things. As you said, there are many individuals performing hard physical labours and they're just like "This is life. I need the money. This is what a "man" does to provide his family."

I never felt part of the system. I teach private spanish and english lessons and I decide how much I work.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and aneurysm
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
And yet we can't compare slavery and wage earning, OP.
You own the money you earn. Slaves don't own anything, not even themselves.

Reactions: NeverSatisfied, Good4Nothing, Tkmiz_Tsukumizu and 6 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
If you like the job and you think you're producing something good I see no reason to call yourself a slave (especially if you're getting paid and are free to leave).
I'm regularly in contact with slaves.
Most unique sentence I've read on the forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: kovkay and aneurysm
kovkay

kovkay

Experienced
Jun 29, 2020
Would you rather slaves be miserable and forever in a state of stress? It makes sense they've accepted their situation, it's easier to live that way. I'm just not sure why your anger is directed towards the slaves and not their owners.

Reactions: Nexey, Fragile and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?