Lady Euthanasia

Lady Euthanasia

Jul 24, 2018
I spent in the hospital a month and a half, there are many unreal stories floating through the internet that are plainly ridiculous, I though I had nothing else to share on this website but I care for people who struggle and I am sure some if not many here have visited such places (willingly or not). I will share my own story but of course it won't be the same as other's.
So let's begin? Haha well I am as to right now dealing with a relapse, BUT the time I spent in that place did help me a lot and I felt almost cured at the finale of my admission (unfortunately it didn't last) which can happen. I am very lost at the moment and feel as only here I will be understood (I have an exception but that's a very personal topic). Anywho what should you expect? to avoid misunderstandings I will add that I was admitted to a privet hospital. Well in the begging they let me stay a few days in my room (it was quite big and had a camera) the last bit was a very uncomfortable situation but I got used to it with time plus it holds it's reasoning even if I am troubled to admit such. We had a regime, so I had to say goodbye to my inner owl. I had breakfast, than medication, exercise out or inn (if it's raining), arts and crafts, group therapy, another group therapy but with videos and presentations. Lunch (I had calming medication after it) than my psychiatrist would call me to her office and she would see the results, if I felt better the doses of my medication would be lowered. They had to find the right pills and the right amount as quickly as possible and I felt very much like a zombie the first two weeks. I'll continue, on our free time which was after lunch from Monday to Friday and the whole weekends. We had no internet and my relatives could visit or call me from 6pm till 8pm and from 8 am till 12 pm in the weekends (some were aloud to leave during this time). After 22:30 medication again and than free time till 24:00. To pass the hours we had table tennis, puzzles, books, films, table games, paint...etc And I also spoke to a therapist (with whom I enjoyed playing chess). It sounds peaceful and good but once I was tied without a real reason (that's my personal opinion, they obviously thought otherwise) I think that event gave me PTSD because soonly after few days I began to cry and shake uncontrollably when once in the movie a girl had to be restrained, how ironic being in a mental unit and watching about it too, don't worry other movies where much better. We also talked and made friends between the patients. I had attempted twice in the hospital (not sure if for my major depression, because of my medication or both), the second time they didn't catch me but my head felt as if it was about to explode (maybe when I was drugged I had forgotten how to correctly place the noose on my neck) anyways, that is it. If you feel as to sharing your own experience than you are very welcome, I am both interested and would like others who read this be aware if they plan or might find themselves in such a place. Thank you for reading such a long thread :)

Last edited:
Reactions: KitKat, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lemmeeleev and 4 others
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
but once I was tied without a real reason (that's my personal opinion, they obviously thought otherwise) I think that event gave me PTSD because soonly after few days I began to cry and shake uncontrollably

Sorry you had to go through that. Sounds terrifying. Why would they do that in the first place? To make you feel even worse? Hard to understand them.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 21Neberg and TheCrow
Lady Euthanasia

Lady Euthanasia

Jul 24, 2018
There is a reason: to avoid harm to your own self but I wasn't in that position, I was simply sitting in a place where the camera couldn't see me because it gave me anxiety.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 21Neberg and Hopeless_soul
Lady Euthanasia

Lady Euthanasia

Jul 24, 2018
Can you give an example?

I haven't saved the links myself but I am sure if you venture into finding actual information on mental institutions you will likely stumble upon some story makers.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Thank you for sharing this story. We may all have to deal with a mental health clinic if we fail to CTB

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go and Hopeless_soul
Lady Euthanasia

Lady Euthanasia

Jul 24, 2018
I think it's wrong to assume all the stories are made up because they don't match yours. Many of those facilities are horrendous. Also not everyone gets better being locked up and having pills forced on them. None of my problems would be solved by that. It would just be a big cost and chemicals temporarily changing how I feel...but every single real problem I have would still exist. Those facilities CAN be good for people with primary or crisis mental health issues....who have lost ability to cope...but for most of us they are not useful.

I don't assume that all the stories are made up, I do know some places could or are truly resembling hell but I was more referring to a stigmatized issue with these places and articles on different news pages simply seeking attention and further digging the hole of misunderstanding from the social part.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go and Anima
C

couragetodie

Student
Jan 2, 2019
I have been to many a psych ward and there's definitely a range of quality. Never spent more than 1-2 weeks in one but always found the confinement lousy. That said, I did find some great nurses in some facilities — just solid people with hearts of gold doing very hard work. I also found borderline evil people who clearly hated their jobs and in turn you for asking for anything whatsoever. I could probably write a book on the subject of life in a psych ward. Strange places that are magnets for all the outcasts of society even if the outcasting may only be a temporary circumstance.

Reactions: sif and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals