• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
I have not posted for a while as I have been doing TMS for a few months to try and better myself. Although I am nearly at the end of it, my doctor informed me that my mental situation has not improved one bit since we started (fyi I have treatment resistant depression so not surprising). It is very painful and I have to go in every day of the week. It's discouraging to not see results but we are going to essentially try again since as it turns out clonazepam can interfere with the treatment. So just as a warning, if you're considering tms make sure your current meds don't interfere with it. I'll do a final update once I'm done once and for all. And if anyone has experience with this I'd like to hear your opinions. Good luck on your recovery <3

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I'm sorry it hasn't worked out : ( Does it have any adverse effects?

Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
I'm sorry it hasn't worked out : ( Does it have any adverse effects?
Fortunately no side effects that I've experienced. It's just very painful during the shocks. But you can continue your day as normal afterwards :)

• Informative
Reactions: ForgottenAgain
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
I'm doing TMS. There shouldn't be any pain unless it's been tuned far too high for you.

It's very different from shock therapy, which I think you're doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forveleth
Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
I'm doing TMS. There shouldn't be any pain unless it's been tuned far too high for you.

It's very different from shock therapy, which I think you're doing.
No I'm doing tms for sure I just called it shock therapy because I can't remember what it stands for. My doctor has told me discomfort and even pain may occur but despite how much pain im in I have to be at 105% (which is the maximum the machine will allow for me). They said it could just be low pain tolerance or they just screwed up idk.

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
No I'm doing tms for sure I just called it shock therapy because I can't remember what it stands for. My doctor has told me discomfort and even pain may occur but despite how much pain im in I have to be at 105% (which is the maximum the machine will allow for me). They said it could just be low pain tolerance or they just screwed up idk.
When they were tuning strength, how did they do it? were they checking finger twitch?

L

letmegetout

‘People can be dead before they’ve even died’
Jan 23, 2023
I had rTMS, it wasn't painful, I couldn't feel it at all. They gauged the intensity based on when my finger and thumb twitched. I didn't get any benefit from it, and no real side effects- had a headache and dizziness occasionally but nothing to write home about. I also have treatment resistant depression so was told it had a 40% chance of working in comparison to drugs (when you have TRD) being 12% I think the consultant said

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I have treatment-resistant depression and I'm looking into rTMS or ECT (only things I haven't tried yet). Thanks for sharing your experience! Sad to hear it doesn't work for you. I'm afraid it won't work for me either, but eh, you can't say if you don't try, can you?

Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
When they were tuning strength, how did they do it? were they checking finger twitch?
The finger twitch checking is done in the initial mapping where they determine the right spot in your brain. Afterwards when they ramped up the treatment to its full capacity I just have uncontrollable teeth chattering and painful but bearable head pain.
I have treatment-resistant depression and I'm looking into rTMS or ECT (only things I haven't tried yet). Thanks for sharing your experience! Sad to hear it doesn't work for you. I'm afraid it won't work for me either, but eh, you can't say if you don't try, can you?
Very true, I'm literally trying everything I can I'm desperate tbh lol
I had rTMS, it wasn't painful, I couldn't feel it at all. They gauged the intensity based on when my finger and thumb twitched. I didn't get any benefit from it, and no real side effects- had a headache and dizziness occasionally but nothing to write home about. I also have treatment resistant depression so was told it had a 40% chance of working in comparison to drugs (when you have TRD) being 12% I think the consultant said
Interesting. My doctor gave me a much higher estimate for the success rate but I wasn't too sure about that statistic, something like 80% of people saw improvement.
Update on the TMS: I was supposed to be finished on April 10th but since I was not responding to treatment they did a remapping of my brain and we are starting over again essentially. Not happy about that but I'll give final update once this second treatment is done. Wish me luck

Last edited:
arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
The finger twitch checking is done in the initial mapping where they determine the right spot in your brain. Afterwards when they ramped up the treatment to its full capacity I just have uncontrollable teeth chattering and painful but bearable head pain.

Very true, I'm literally trying everything I can I'm desperate tbh lol

Interesting. My doctor gave me a much higher estimate for the success rate but I wasn't too sure about that statistic, something like 80% of people saw improvement.
Update on the TMS: I was supposed to be finished on April 10th but since I was not responding to treatment they did a remapping of my brain and we are starting over again essentially. Not happy about that but I'll give final update once this second treatment is done. Wish me luck

I had 27 rTMS sessions so far (I think that's the same as TMS?). It doesn't hurt me though. Still have 25 sessions to go on the left head side.
So far it doesn't work for me unfortunately. It doesn't hurt and I have no side effects. I think I'm ready for ECT, the last resort.

Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
I had 27 rTMS sessions so far (I think that's the same as TMS?). It doesn't hurt me though. Still have 25 sessions to go on the left head side.
So far it doesn't work for me unfortunately. It doesn't hurt and I have no side effects. I think I'm ready for ECT, the last resort.
Damn that's a lot of sessions. Mine was originally 36 but now it's double because I'm not responding to treatment. If you have the funds (usually around 3k but may be cheaper some places) try intravenous ketamine, didn't work for me but may work for you. I haven't considered ECT but I think that will be the next thing after dialectical behavioral therapy. Best of luck I hope you see results.

arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
Damn that's a lot of sessions. Mine was originally 36 but now it's double because I'm not responding to treatment. If you have the funds (usually around 3k but may be cheaper some places) try intravenous ketamine, didn't work for me but may work for you. I haven't considered ECT but I think that will be the next thing after dialectical behavioral therapy. Best of luck I hope you see results.
You get 36 sessions twice?
I wanted to get esketamine (is that the same as ketamine?) treatment but my psychiatrist wont refer me. The waiting line is 6 months. So my next step will probably be ECT. I'll try anything.

Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
You get 36 sessions twice?
I wanted to get esketamine (is that the same as ketamine?) treatment but my psychiatrist wont refer me. The waiting line is 6 months. So my next step will probably be ECT. I'll try anything.
Twice only because I failed to show improvement.
Esketamine is the Nasal spray and I believe may be covered by insurance. The intravenous method is more precise and I enjoyed it.
I didn't get a referral from my psych. You can search for clinics near you and they will assess you themselves. I just went to a new clinic today to get prices and it was like 2.2k for 12 sessions. If you have a few grand. Or even a few hundred for a session or two, I'd recommend. But of course do what you feel will be best for you. I have no experience with ECT.

arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
Twice only because I failed to show improvement.
Esketamine is the Nasal spray and I believe may be covered by insurance. The intravenous method is more precise and I enjoyed it.
I didn't get a referral from my psych. You can search for clinics near you and they will assess you themselves. I just went to a new clinic today to get prices and it was like 2.2k for 12 sessions. If you have a few grand. Or even a few hundred for a session or two, I'd recommend. But of course do what you feel will be best for you. I have no experience with ECT.
I wouldn't pay that much for something I don't know works. If my psychiatrist doesn't want to refer me, ECT is the last logical step. Also the last step. After that It's just hoping my feelings return to normal by it self....