helicoptero

helicoptero

Estoy cansado jefe...
Jun 6, 2023
Today my mom mentioned that I'll be 23 on Friday. And that made me have thousands of thoughts in an instant.

Most people my age already have a degree, or are about to obtain it. Some others already have a job... Some even don't live with their parents anymore.

And here I am... Almost 23, with only high school finished and have never had a job, living with my parents.

I know everyone's circumstances are different, and that comparing yourself to others is pointless... But I can't help feeling like a failure.

I know it's not because I'm lazy... I've had many problems and that's why I got "behind" others... But a part of me doesn't care about that and just constantly makes me feel that I'm a parasite, a failure, and useless.

I don't know what I'll be doing in my birthday. But I don't want it to come.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: outatime_85, アホペンギン and cgrtt.brns
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i feel every word of this. im in basically the same situation. birthdays are just a huge painful reminder of how behind i am. its good that you recognise that youve been struggling with things that are out of your control, i can definitely relate to putting myself down over it and feeling like a leech and ik how difficult it is to recognise ur not just lazy. i hope you can be kind to yourself during ur birthday, its the least u deserve.

• Hugs
Reactions: helicoptero
JustHereforNow

JustHereforNow

Here today, gone tomorrow
Jul 26, 2023
With everything that has happened the last couple years, living at home is very common, especially with economy being a garbage fire atm. I wouldnt put to much thought into it.

Reactions: cgrtt.brns and helicoptero
helicoptero

helicoptero

Estoy cansado jefe...
Jun 6, 2023
i feel every word of this. im in basically the same situation. birthdays are just a huge painful reminder of how behind i am. its good that you recognise that youve been struggling with things that are out of your control, i can definitely relate to putting myself down over it and feeling like a leech and ik how difficult it is to recognise ur not just lazy. i hope you can be kind to yourself during ur birthday, its the least u deserve.
Thank you so much, I wish the same for you. Sending you a warm hug <3
With everything that has happened the last couple years, living at home is very common, especially with economy being a garbage fire atm. I wouldnt put to much thought into it.
Yeah you're right... It's becoming more and more common.

• Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns