C

crova

Making death amazing journey
Oct 7, 2018
Sorry I dont understand.
I got 3 meters long tube [6mm/8mm] and it fits well on my gas regulator. I ordered tube clamp to fasten it.
Whats wrong with my setup?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and onewayroad
L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
Sorry I dont understand.
I got 3 meters long tube [6mm/8mm] and it fits well on my gas regulator. I ordered tube clamp to fasten it.
Whats wrong with my setup?

I see. Nothing, I only know the bare minimum when it comes to this method. Im using a proper hose with the spanner screw thing. I wouldnt dare use a cheap ebay item for my death though haha.

Reactions: onewayroad
C

crova

Oct 7, 2018
I got the point.
A proper hose - can you show me what I should be looking for then?

Do you have your bag with a hose fitted ready?

C

crova

Oct 7, 2018
I understand and I appreciate it.

I cant imagine how you gonna fix it in a bag? This hose is quite heavy thing - its more suited for a mask rather than a bag.
How will you solve it? Can you show me a picture maybe? [i hope I m not asking too many questions]

L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
I understand and I appreciate it.

I cant imagine how you gonna fix it in a bag? This hose is quite heavy thing - its more suited for a mask rather than a bag.
How will you solve it? Can you show me a picture maybe? [i hope I m not asking too many questions]

no pics at this time. Im going to tape it to the inside using duct tape, shouldnt be an issue. Could also tape other bits to the wall if need be. Havnt decided my death position yet (sitting, laying etc)

Reactions: crova and onewayroad
onewayroad

onewayroad

“Dying is not a crime.” ― Jack Kevorkian
Oct 4, 2018
https://www.boc.com.au/shop/en/au/g...fittings/boc-oxy-acetylene-hose-twin-assembly

something like that . You dont need it. I just dont want to take any risks.

Also I havnt tested anything yet. Procrastinating lol

My regulator is for argon and has this kind of output (look just below the flowmeter) so it's designed to have normal tubing attached and clamped on. Maybe @crova has the same kind of output?
111633-Argon-Flowmeter-25LMin-_1000x1000-0.jpg

no pics at this time. Im going to tape it to the inside using duct tape, shouldnt be an issue. Could also tape other bits to the wall if need be. Havnt decided my death position yet (sitting, laying etc)

The manual is super emphatic about not doing it lying down. Not sure why exactly but they are really clear so I'd go with sitting.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, crova and open skyes
open skyes

open skyes

Life is No where ...
Oct 10, 2018
I made a thread before about my method, how I will be using argon. But I didn't want to put a bag over my head and I didn't really want to be found with a bag over my head. The handbook advises against using a mask, and there is medical literature on euthanasia in which people had problems with a mask because it didn't seal properly.

But those were medical oxygen masks, not designed to seal. And I found a medical report on a nitrogen suicide that used a full face diving mask successfully, because those are designed to seal.

So, I bought this mask on ebay. I wasn't sure how good it would be because it was only $20 but it arrived today and man, it's perfect. Almost.
$_10.JPG

The seal around my face is almost totally airtight, it's an extremely snug fit, and it has a one way valve at the bottom to let out CO2 when you breathe out.

The only issue with it is that as you can see in the picture, the removable snorkel at the top is not round. So attaching a hose with a good seal is going to be a challenge.

But otherwise, it's exactly what I wanted. As long as I can attach the hose, it's going to work perfectly.

I just wanted to share because I'm excited that it's so good.
One step closer :)

blurr21

blurr21

Student
Sep 13, 2018
Does some little space need to be left for some oxygen to enter through the snorkel of the diving mask guys or does it need to be completely airtight with no space for any gas to exit im planning the same setup???

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
onewayroad

onewayroad

Oct 4, 2018
Does some little space need to be left for some oxygen to enter through the snorkel of the diving mask guys or does it need to be completely airtight with no space for any gas to exit im planning the same setup???

Needs to be completely airtight. I going to use heatshrink tubing and cable ties to connect the hose.

C

crova

Oct 7, 2018
Yesterday My flowmeter was delivered to local collecting point at local petrol station. I have confirmation email from DHL with date and time along with picking number and barcode.
Still! This lying bastard told me nothing was delivered, because they are not partners with DHL anymore so they refused my parcel!
I emailed DHL and opened a case, but something tells me it will be long process to find out what happened.
I really dont know what should I do. I need it and if I have to I will buy another one.
I didnt want to feel it now but I really really hate this guy. I will go there again tonight, I will show him a print from the tracking website and I would offer him money to get my parcel back.
If it doesnt work I will call police and report theft.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and onewayroad
L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
My regulator is for argon and has this kind of output (look just below the flowmeter) so it's designed to have normal tubing attached and clamped on. Maybe @crova has the same kind of output?

The manual is super emphatic about not doing it lying down. Not sure why exactly but they are really clear so I'd go with sitting.

thanks for the info

Reactions: lv-gras
C

crova

Oct 7, 2018
Guys is there anyone who survived

My output is similar; 6.3mm so my hose must be 6mm

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, onewayroad and lv-gras
C

crova

Oct 7, 2018
Question - was there anyone on this forum who tried argon/nitrogen, survived and came back to tell about it?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jen Erik and lv-gras
L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
Question - was there anyone on this forum who tried argon/nitrogen, survived and came back to tell about it?

ive read about people failing the helium method, but im sure they werent doing it properly (and used mixed helium). If you use a strong bag; a solid hose, a big tank with enough nitrogen to last hours, solid gas pressure, super strong tape, there is a minuscule chance of failure. And make sure you cant be found. Apparently you need to sit too which is a shame, but it makes sense.

Reactions: crova
C

crova

Oct 7, 2018
ive read about people failing the helium method, but im sure they werent doing it properly (and used mixed helium). If you use a strong bag; a solid hose, a big tank with enough nitrogen to last hours, solid gas pressure, super strong tape, there is a minuscule chance of failure. And make sure you cant be found. Apparently you need to sit too which is a shame, but it makes sense.
I didn't want to sit either, but it should be so quick there would be no time to contemplate death moment. I would very much preferred to die slow and peaceful death listening to my favorite music or watching loved movie..
Are you going to strap yourself to the chair then?

Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
What kind of hose will you be using?

onewayroad

onewayroad

Oct 4, 2018
What kind of hose will you be using?

The regulator I bought had a hose connection on it:

I went to BOC gases and bought a hose that fit it along with a second connector the same size which I will attach to the mask with heat shrink.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Trashcan
C

crova

Oct 7, 2018
I bumped this thread as the very well explained alternative to exit bag,
in case someone recently tried and couldn't find

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Sickman75
onewayroad

onewayroad

Oct 4, 2018
I bumped this thread as the very well explained alternative to exit bag,
in case someone recently tried and couldn't find

The other thread you were trying to find is in my sig :)