• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DesperateOne

DesperateOne

Experienced
May 25, 2023
I know this is an odd question, but what are some must play games (AAA or indie) that I should hit up before I CTB. I want top of the shelf stuff, so nothing mediocre.

I have told myself that I need to experience as much stuff as possible before CTB, whether its IRL or virtual. I have time until mid summer, so if you have some good recommendations, shoot in the replies.

SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3, and/or Elden Ring (depending on your stance on souls games, if you are new to souls games, or just wanting more of a one off thing, play Elden Ring). I absolutely adore the Dark Souls series though. Also a big fan of roguelikes, so games like Hades, Vampire Survivors, Slay the Spire and Cult of the Lamb. Also Baldurs Gate 3, I cannot stress enough how well deserved the hype is for it. Also, my much more indie pick (though still fairly popular) would be Carrion. Also, not sure if you like visual novels but Ace Attorney and Danganronpa are some of my favourites.

Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
Detroit become human is one of my favorite games and it's not the typical genre I enjoy

edit: oh! also, "what remains of edith finch". that game made me bawl my eyes out.
Portal 1&2 are fantastic as well.

Last edited:
FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
The list of @SmallKoy is a good one. I would add Cyberpunk2077, AlanWake2, Dragon Dogma2, The Witcher 3.. If you want to try something different try also Chivarly 2. I think we'll be going the same path in these months my friend.

Re4 remake.

Videogame are a beautiful passion! Youll be in good company.

Last edited:
DesperateOne

DesperateOne

Experienced
May 25, 2023
Thank you for all the suggestions guys, put them on my backlog. Also @SmallKoy I think we have a very similar tastes. I love everything that From Software dishes out and am eagerly awaiting the DLC which is why my CTB is the only reason why my CTB is delayed lol... Also a fan of all those roguelikes that you've mentioned. Love them.

SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
Thank you for all the suggestions guys, put them on my backlog. Also @SmallKoy I think we have a very similar tastes. I love everything that From Software dishes out and am eagerly awaiting the DLC which is why my CTB is the only reason why my CTB is delayed lol... Also a fan of all those roguelikes that you've mentioned. Love them.
Awesome! I adore FromSoft as well I think they're great. I own pretty much everything they have released (that is a souls game) besides AC6. I cannot wait for the Elden Ring DLC, it looks great! So expensive though. Do you like Sekiro?
Danganronpa.
I'm playing through Danganronpa right now and it's becoming a close contender for my favourite VN. Ace Attorney is my baby though.

Reactions: sserafim and R_N
tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
RE2 AND RE4 (original or remake, it doesn't matter which. both versions are amazing), SOMA, haunting ground.

onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
Lot of people mentioned the souls series, I'm a big fan of them (as you can probably tell) but aside from Soulsborne I'd recommend the Halo series.
More specifically Halo 1-Reach. They're all just masterpieces. I wouldn't recommend Halo 4 or anything after it and I could go on and on about how much I dislike them but I don't want this to be a huge paragraph.

I

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
If you have an old Dreamcast or GameCube, I cannot recommend Skies of Arcadia enough.
It has it's issues but it's setting is one of my favourites of all time.

Reactions: SmallKoy
caninecomposer

caninecomposer

Unappreciated artist
Dec 18, 2023
My favorite game experience ever was Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. That's the one game I always wish I could experience again for the first time. And not just going through the story, but truly exploring the world and all its secrets and side content. Specifically the original DS version btw, not the remake.

E

Erick

Student
Jan 18, 2024
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake, the Elden Ring DLC, Little Nightmares 3 with my niece, and Crimson Desert.
But I will drink N within two weeks, so I won't play any of them. 1 year ago I never tought I would never play those games, didn't even know this forum existed, but here I am.

Naked Weapon

Naked Weapon

Watch another angel die
Jan 7, 2024
This suggestion is somewhat predictable for a forum member like me but Persona 3 (Portable, personally) is my favourite game of all time. The entire theme revolves around "Memento Mori" and coming to peace with death. Funny that at one point I used to say that this game saved my life . . .

Reactions: R_N and SmallKoy
Fir3CannotSpeak

Fir3CannotSpeak

BurnMeWithFire
May 8, 2023
I know this is an odd question, but what are some must play games (AAA or indie) that I should hit up before I CTB. I want top of the shelf stuff, so nothing mediocre.

I have told myself that I need to experience as much stuff as possible before CTB, whether its IRL or virtual. I have time until mid summer, so if you have some good recommendations, shoot in the replies.
Red dead redemption 1 & 2 are both really good. Highly recommend.

underthedatetree

underthedatetree

Oct 20, 2023
I love Rimworld, its a colony simulator where you try to build a sustaining base against conflicts from raids, the elements, random catastrophes, your colonists going into homicidal rampages because they ate without a table. etc. I love writing little stories in my head about what the little characters go through. IK its basically a copy of an older game called Dwarf Fortress but haven't played that one myself, bc it has less RP elements. It's not for everyone and theres so many mods that do make it almost Skyrimtier customizable but its also bit overwhelming.

I've been meaning to play the newest Hitman series, putting it off because they made it so difficult to buy? You can't just buy 1 2 and 3 you have to go through hoops I don't really understand but if you can figure it out try it because it looks super fun!

FluffyCat

FluffyCat

Everything is fine
Oct 19, 2023
I loved Outer Wilds, the whole game and the ending especially just resonated with me really well. I must say though, it might not be for everyone, it doesn't handhold you much compared to other games. Also due to nature of the game you can only play it once and spoilers ruin it, so I'd go in completely blind. It's a game that I wish I could play for the first time again.
I'd also recommend Undertale and Omori, with Omori having some heavy hitting themes. From survival games, my favorite would be Subnautica besides maybe Minecraft. And if you don't mind visual novels then Steins Gate or Ace Attorney are really good.

Chronosphere

Chronosphere

Student
Jan 17, 2024
I rarely feel any emotions whatsoever but Hello Charlotte broke me. I definitely can recommend it, but you should only play it as a last game.
First episode is kinda bad and you'll need to endure it(it's just an hour long), but 2 and 3 are absolute gold.