• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Why are all the different religions views not the same, it's alright to do it in India if you do it certain ways like starving yourself. I know of an Indian guru who committed samadhi by refusing to eat or drink but only took his medications. The fact that it's different in different religions means that this is not the work of one God. Why would he say one thing to one group of people and completely the opposite thing to another group.

This way of giving up your life is alright but again based on the Hindu religion there are a few other ways. But in the old days people practiced this as a way to escape old age once their lives as householder comes to an end.
Ex Muslim here. I do not recall the Quran explicitly saying that suicide is haram. However I have read a " Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī Hadith" ( which is the most authentic BS collected traditions of the Prophet Muhammad, based on his sayings and actions)
That "Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron, his piece of iron in his hand will be thrust into his stomach in the fire of Hell forever and ever. Whoever drinks poison and kills himself, he will consume it in the fire of Hell forever and ever. Whoever throws himself off a mountain and kills himself, he will tumble into the fire of Hell forever and ever."
its BS
See I don't get that in Hinduism we have a hell but it isn't forever you do bad karma you go to jail/hell and after serving your sentence you get to be reborn. Unless you can break free and obtain moksh which is higher ideal than heaven. Hell and heaven are a duality in Hinduism they came to the understanding that liberation and moksh is the true ideal goal of human life and this by default gets you higher than heaven.

Last edited: