• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
It was probably a suicide, and that's the simplest explanation, but you're being overly presumptuous. You don't know that for certain, of course. Yes, he wrote very sad songs that sometimes had lyrics alluding to suicide. Yes, he bought a lot of crack. So that means he definitely killed himself? You are aware that there are other musicians who also wrote very sad songs with lyrics about suicide and bought insane amounts of drugs but never killed themselves, yes? Anyhow... I don't think pointing out that his death was never officially ruled a suicide is keeping him from resting in peace.
Hi guy smiley….Sighhhh. Your reply was pretty egotistical and I didn't want to have to write all this out .I'm not being overly presumptuous. One of My best friends for years played in several bands with Aaron spearkse and worked with rob schnapf…..he also is close friends with autum de Wilde/ cat power. I could go on name
Dropping….. There's inside info that points to how dysregulated he was before his death. Everyone was doing drugs together there was terrible amounts of using. None of that is written in the press because……You have to keep in mind that There's STILL a lot of money to be made off of the femme fatale narrative. I'm not saying she's good or bad but Everyone who knew elliott knew Jennifer and agreed she wasn't a saint but that she wouldn't have killed him. She pulled the knife out….that's for sure. It's likely there was a fight induced by drugs and alcohol. she fled the country to go abroad to escape press. She definitely fucke up but here's the thing….Everyone who knew him knew he talked about suicide all the time. His song lyrics Allude to it especially in the last album a basement on a hill. I don't know why else people really want to drag this stuff out other than the fact that there's so many gossiping queens with nothing else to do with their lives in LA and it serves no great purpose except for constant psycho babble for the internet. It's just a logical that he died by his own hand. It seems on the surface like a brutal death but actually everything g about elliott was intense dramatic and painful it makes perfect sense to anyone that knew him that he would.

Hope that clarifies why I said what I said.

Reactions: Guy_Smiley
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
Scott Hutchison, singer from Frightened Rabbit, one of my favorite bands. Still remember hearing the news like it was yesterday

Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
Michael Hutchence. I've long felt a strong connection to him and INXS. I have a few years till i turn 37 so even if I did miss the 27 club, the 37 would do ok lol.

Here'a song of theirs that I love

Kick was one of the very best albums of the 80s. One of the best pop/rock albums ever, really.

Did you know that, even though INXS sold over 50 million records, Hutchence died almost flat broke?

Chris Cornell
But I only started listening to him when researching methods and found out his method, which I keep as a last resort method of my own.
His songs "like a stone" and "show me how to live" are awesome.
Like a stone is more depressing, but it encapsulates how I have been feeling for the past while, and experiencing cabin fever.
Show me how to live is just an awesome song that I'd like to blast if I was driving in the desert.

His voice was just incredible. So few singers throughout the ages have possessed such soulfulness, range, and power in their vocals.

Two of my favorite songs he sings on aren't by Soundgarden. They are "Hunger Strike" (with Eddie Vedder) and "Say Hello 2 Heaven" by Temple of The Dog.

Last edited:
destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Student
Feb 16, 2024
Kick was one of the very best albums of the 80s. One of the best pop/rock albums ever, really.

Did you know that, even though INXS sold over 50 million records, Hutchence died almost flat broke?
Kick came out before I was born. Were u around in the 80s when this album came out? What was it like back then? The reception to it and all..

The 80s was truly the best decade imo for music.

I had no idea that he died broke. That is sad but I imagine he probably would have been able to make all that money back with a new album?
I think he had bigger problems than that tho, that led to his ctb.

I've been watching his interviews from the 80s and the guy seems like a class act.

Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
Kick came out before I was born. Were u around in the 80s when this album came out? What was it like back then? The reception to it and all..

The 80s was truly the best decade imo for music.

I had no idea that he died broke. That is sad but I imagine he probably would have been able to make all that money back with a new album?
I think he had bigger problems than that tho, that led to his ctb.

I've been watching his interviews from the 80s and the guy seems like a class act.

Yes, I was around in the 80s when it came out (damn, saying that makes me feel old AF 😬). The reception to it was huge, particularly in the USA, the UK, most of western Europe, and of course Australia. Several of the songs on it were huge hits on the radio and MTV (MTV still played music videos back then). For several month, you couldn't turn on the radio or MTV without hearing INXS.

I totally agree, the 80s was an awesome decade for music. There was lots of crap of course (just like any other decade), but just so much fantastic music/bands/artists came out in the 80s. I'm impressed that it's your favorite decade even though you weren't even born yet. You have good taste in music! The 60s and 70s were before my time, but those were great music decades also.

I don't know if Hutchence ever would have been as rich as he was when INXS was at the peak of their fame (late 80s), but he definitely would have made a lot more money from new albums, tours, and royalties. So yeah, lack of money probably wasn't one of the reasons that led to his suicide.

Reactions: destinationlosangel
goblin99

goblin99

05/18/2024 🥳 + ⚰️🤞🏻
Jan 12, 2024
Garrett Garfield of Death And All His Friends and The New Low (along with a few other priojects.)

destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Student
Feb 16, 2024
Yes, I was around in the 80s when it came out (damn, saying that makes me feel old AF 😬). The reception to it was huge, particularly in the USA, the UK, most of western Europe, and of course Australia. Several of the songs on it were huge hits on the radio and MTV (MTV still played music videos back then). For several month, you couldn't turn on the radio or MTV without hearing INXS.

I totally agree, the 80s was an awesome decade for music. There was lots of crap of course (just like any other decade), but just so much fantastic music/bands/artists came out in the 80s. I'm impressed that it's your favorite decade even though you weren't even born yet. You have good taste in music! The 60s and 70s were before my time, but those were great music decades also.

I don't know if Hutchence ever would have been as rich as he was when INXS was at the peak of their fame (late 80s), but he definitely would have made a lot more money from new albums, tours, and royalties. So yeah, lack of money probably wasn't one of the reasons that led to his suicide.
Hey I cant believe I missed ur reply.

Wow it must've been awesome to experience it all first hand. I'm actually watching the Mystify documentary about Hutchence now. The guy seemed like such a nice person too. Laid back n very Australian? lol

Yes the 80s is my fav decade. For both movies and music. There's a part of me that wishes I'd been born in the 70s so I could've experienced the 80s first hand. What a trip it would've been.

INXS for me, particularly the Kick record, is that odd mix of funk and rock that made it so good. I love the groove and these guys seemed to have it.

I'd love to DM if you wouldnt mind to talk music. You seem like a music aficionado so we'd probably have loads to talk about haha

Reactions: Guy_Smiley
Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
Hey I cant believe I missed ur reply.

Wow it must've been awesome to experience it all first hand. I'm actually watching the Mystify documentary about Hutchence now. The guy seemed like such a nice person too. Laid back n very Australian? lol

Yes the 80s is my fav decade. For both movies and music. There's a part of me that wishes I'd been born in the 70s so I could've experienced the 80s first hand. What a trip it would've been.

INXS for me, particularly the Kick record, is that odd mix of funk and rock that made it so good. I love the groove and these guys seemed to have it.

I'd love to DM if you wouldnt mind to talk music. You seem like a music aficionado so we'd probably have loads to talk about haha

As a young child in the 80s, I wasn't aware that I was growing up in such an awesome music decade. I only realized much later on how musically spoiled we (my generation) were.

Yeah, Kick is a total classic. It was definitely their magnum opus. I actually haven't seen the Mystify documentary. I should def check it out. Hutchence seems like he was a really cool, laid back guy, but obviously had some serious demons inside. It seems like so many of the great star singers/musicians do. I often wonder why that is.

I'm happy to talk music any time. I haven't really kept up with it, so I definitely wouldn't say I'm an aficionado or anything like that. I'm just a guy who knows what music I like. :))

Reactions: destinationlosangel
caninecomposer

caninecomposer

Unappreciated artist
Dec 18, 2023
I'm going to join the list of CTB'd musicians very soon, partly because getting a composition job isn't really a thing anymore, especially not in the US. No matter how good you are (I'm objectively the top composer in the world), companies will only take three routes. They'll freelance the cheapest possible work they can to someone who can't actually make music, they'll use existing licensed or royalty-free songs, or they'll get someone whose name they can use to sell more copies of whatever they're selling – regardless of if the person even has any musical skill. Nobody cares about what they make anymore, producing the worst trash they possibly can by ignoring everything that actually matters. I was born too late, and now music as a whole has basically just stopped being good. Therefore I must leave, I have no belonging on this planet.

destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Student
Feb 16, 2024
I'm going to join the list of CTB'd musicians very soon, partly because getting a composition job isn't really a thing anymore, especially not in the US. No matter how good you are (I'm objectively the top composer in the world), companies will only take three routes. They'll freelance the cheapest possible work they can to someone who can't actually make music, they'll use existing licensed or royalty-free songs, or they'll get someone whose name they can use to sell more copies of whatever they're selling – regardless of if the person even has any musical skill. Nobody cares about what they make anymore, producing the worst trash they possibly can by ignoring everything that actually matters. I was born too late, and now music as a whole has basically just stopped being good. Therefore I must leave, I have no belonging on this planet.
I'm so sorry to hear this :(

fleshgarden

fleshgarden

Mar 15, 2023
rozz Williams, the singer of christian death.. I find it funny, because he died on April fools, and the funny things he did revolving around it. I would read the suicide section of his wikipedia article. but I do like his project Premature Ejaculation. really resonates with me. I also forgot to mention he is a shock musician, which explains the way he went about his death.

Catch-22

Catch-22

Time waits for no one...
Aug 19, 2019
Didn't she die of natural causes? Her son did ctb, though.

Jon Nödtveidt, from the black/death metal band Dissection.

Didn't she die of natural causes? Her son did ctb, though.

Jon Nödtveidt, from the black/death metal band Dissection.
It is said that she died by natural causes. Some say she died of a broken heart💔😢

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
Dead from Mayhem. His suicide scene is the art for Dawn of the Black Hearts. Guy sacrificed himself to satan and his suicide note read "Sorry for the mess". Euronymous made a necklace out of his teeth, and Varg stabbed Euronymous 37 times. Buck wild band.