• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Do you have any favorite musician who CTB'd?

I would like to know if any of you have a favorite musician who has CTB'd.
Also, if you want, you can share a favorite song by that artist.

As I usually listen to Prog Rock, one of my favorite musicians is Keith Emerson, the keyboardist of the group Emerson, Lake & Palmer and one of the most important keyboardists in Rock Music.
He CTB'd on March 11, 2016, at the age of 71.
I don't remember exactly the causes of his death, but according to the internet, he suffered from depression and his ability to play the keyboard had been affected by his age, so he was worried about playing poorly in concerts. Another article I had read some time ago mentioned that his depression was triggered by criticism over his inability to continue playing the keyboard.
I don't really know what happened, but it truly hurts not being able to play the same when you get old.
But anyway, here is one of my favorite songs by Keith Emerson.
Pirates - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (1977)

Christopher Reeve

Christopher Reeve

Ein wunderschöner Baum um sich zu erhängen
Mar 27, 2024
I think this artist is well known, Kurt Cobain committed "non-life" at the age of 27, I like Lithium but he already had some songs with a giant red flag like "I hate Myself And I Want To Die"

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you.
Dec 14, 2023
not my favorite band because i know and like only one of their songs, but 2 members of Badfinger committed suicides (separately) because the record label fucked them.

they wrote "baby blue", the song that plays at the end of breaking bad

vadim

vadim

Disqualified From Being Human
Aug 10, 2023
Mark Linkous a.k.a. Sparklehorse
Pelle Ohlin a.k.a. Dead from Mayhem
It's debated whether hide from X Japan committed suicide or if his death was accidental.

HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Might be lesser known here but the death of Akira Complex threw me and everyone else off, especially since they had a collab original releasing the week they CTB'd.

Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
Layne Staley, Ian Curtis e Sinéad O'Connor

Layne Staley's death was technically not a suicide. His cause of death was officially listed as an accidental overdose (from a mixture of heroin and cocaine). I say "technically" because his drug use was so bad and his health had deteriorated so much that his death was inevitable and really just a matter of time. He had obviously stopped caring about life.

Ian Curtis, Nick Drake, Chris Cornell, Kurt Cobain, Elliott Smith

Elliot Smith's death was actually never officially ruled a suicide. The official autopsy report stated that there were no hesitation wounds, which is very inconsistent with most stabbing suicides, and also that there were lacerations on his hands and under his right arm, which it described as "possible defensive wounds". Thus, the report left open the possibility of homicide. Due to the inconclusive autopsy ruling, Smith's death remains an open case with the Los Angeles Police Department to this day.

Chris Cornell was one of the best singers of all time. Nobody could belt it out better than him.

Last edited:
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
Elliot Smith's death was actually never officially ruled a suicide. The official autopsy report stated that the angles at which the knife entered his body were inconsistent with self-inflicted stabs and there were no hesitation wounds (which is also very inconsistent with stabbing suicides). Thus, the report left open the possibility of homicide. Due to the inconclusive autopsy ruling, Smith's death remains an open case with the Los Angeles Police Department to this day.
Stop being pedantic. It was a suicide. Have you ever listened to his music?
He was spending 2k on crack a day before his death. It was a suicide 🤦🏻‍♀️ I'm so tired of people with this discussion. Let him Rest In Peace.

S

scottyy

Feb 17, 2024
Chris Cornell
But I only started listening to him when researching methods and found out his method, which I keep as a last resort method of my own.
His songs "like a stone" and "show me how to live" are awesome.
Like a stone is more depressing, but it encapsulates how I have been feeling for the past while, and experiencing cabin fever.
Show me how to live is just an awesome song that I'd like to blast if I was driving in the desert.

druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
Very few people know about Solomon Seelhoff (aka Apistat Commander) but I have been in love with his music since I discovered it. He only released a couple of albums and a few EPs before he CTB at the age of 25.

Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
Stop being pedantic. It was a suicide. Have you ever listened to his music?
He was spending 2k on crack a day before his death. It was a suicide 🤦🏻‍♀️ I'm so tired of people with this discussion. Let him Rest In Peace.

It was probably a suicide, and that's the simplest explanation, but you're being overly presumptuous. You don't know that for certain, of course. Yes, he wrote very sad songs that sometimes had lyrics alluding to suicide. Yes, he bought a lot of crack. So that means he definitely killed himself? You are aware that there are other musicians who also wrote very sad songs with lyrics about suicide and bought insane amounts of drugs but never killed themselves, yes? Anyhow... I don't think pointing out that his death was never officially ruled a suicide is keeping him from resting in peace.

Last edited: