• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
My mom nags and pesters me all the time, not knowing that reverse psychology works on me....
Please do this as a troll. Tell your mum you got a job in a mortuary. Ask if she wants to see the bodies lol.

Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
I'm also closer to 50 than 25. I get the idea. It's averaging out the age at which most people move from a fairly exciting and fast changing life to settling down into a home/family/career that more or less persists. From unlimited options to the chosen path. Which is often also from dreams of greatness to settling for less. From the young love high to whatever comes next.

It's funny looking back on my own life, it wasn't dissimilar. Late high school and into Uni was all about dating and finding out what I really wanted to do. It's exciting. Lots of parties. Meeting new people. Making new friends. Trying new things. So many things going on. By 21, I'd found the girl I thought I would marry, left the dreams of being a professional tennis player behind and started settle into the reality that most of life would be behind a desk. It seemed OK.

At 24, I was engaged to be married to a girl who wanted 3 kids and the picket fence life. I'd started the job that would provide for that. Everything was on track to settle down. And pretty much everyone I knew then stayed there. They got married, had the kids, kept the job, and their lives became stable and less exciting. Mine veered in a different direction after deciding I didn't want kids or the job, that decision also cost me the girl, and I started a life of isolation, first travelling alone, and then as a hermit living miles away from anyone.

So I can see where they're coming from. It's true in a way. Personally I like to think I've found something better in the monotony than the excitement of unlimited options I had back then. I think a lot of people my age feel the same.