• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
Someone posted this (title quote) on my social media the other day and it really rang true. I am nearly 50 and certainly my life ended at 25. The last 25 years have been a waste of time. Maybe I could cram the good times/adventures into a weeks worth but that's it. It pisses me off that I hung around so long on the off chance things would improve but all I did was make myself more chains around my neck - debt, responsibility….

I look at someone like my mum who is 26 years older than me and I honestly don't know why she bothers. Each to their own but I really think if people had choice and euthanisia wasn't stigmatised, a large percentage of the population would happily end it.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
That quote is kind of dumb. There are some people whose life don't start picking up until after the age of 25. At the end of the day, everyones life is different from one another and thus you cannot simplify shit down to "most people stop living by 25". It feels like they are just stating their opinion as fact.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think it's different for everybody but I sort of understand your sentiment overall. In my case, I don't think that I can really truly say that I ever lived life. All I really did throughout my entire life was survive through it and nothing more

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
I think that's why he said 'most' not all. Certainly everyone I know idealises their youth, they want to return to that part of their life. Yes there are exceptions.
I think it's different for everybody but I sort of understand your sentiment overall. In my case, I don't think that I can really truly say that I ever lived life. All I really did throughout my entire life was survive through it and nothing more
I think we have more hope when we are younger

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
I think that's why he said 'most' not all. Certainly everyone I know idealises their youth, they want to return to that part of their life. Yes there are exceptions.
Even saying "most" is just making a big assumption.

Reactions: Ash
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
My life wasn't great to bigin with but the worest years of my life are probably the ones after 25. I wouldn't say the next years were a waste. Atleast I've spent them trying to tackle every possibility to improve my life and try and see if I can have somewhat of a better future. So yes one could say I was more of fighting and surviving than living. It does make sense to say I was just waiting to be buried. Their is a logical reason the "club 27" exists in the suicidals world.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
It's logical to assume so since most people finish college that age and go into the workforce of at least 40hr a week. It's soul crushing
Most people have to start working earlier than that, and usually in retail jobs. Plus, univeristy and college typcially comes with it's own set of set-backs, such as stressing out over future student debt, career paths, grades, assignements, self-esteem issues (self-esteem tends to be worse in those in their teen to early adult years in comparions to those who are older), etc. This argument isn't a very good one.

If we go by research, then a meta-analysis that looked at around 443 samples from various longititude studies found that happiness actually peaks around age 70, with it increasing from your late teens/early adulthood up until then.

The findings show that the life satisfaction decreased between the ages of 9 and 16, then increased slightly until the age of 70, and then decreased once again until the age of 96.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I don't plan to live past 25 lol
It's logical to assume so since most people finish college that age and go into the workforce of at least 40hr a week. It's soul crushing
My main reason to ctb is to escape it
Same dude. I was only ever surviving, never truly living anyways

Last edited:
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Most people have to start working earlier than that, and usually in retail jobs. Plus, univeristy and college typcially comes with it's own set of set-backs, such as stressing out over future student debt, career paths, grades, assignements, self-esteem issues (self-esteem tends to be worse in those in their teen to early adult years in comparions to those who are older), etc. This argument isn't a very good one.

If we go by research, then a meta-analysis that looked at around 443 samples from various longititude studies found that happiness actually peaks around age 70, with it increasing from your late teens/early adulthood up until then.

The freedom you have while in the workplace isn't even close to the one you have in college. That especially with extra responsibilities and obligations that come with being in the workplace. It's not even close. There is a reason people tend to say college is the best 4 years of your life. Most people will end up hating sacrificing their lives for a paycheck. That along with essentially limited social circles as those that they had in college. It all worse

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
The freedom you have while in the workplace isn't even close to the one you have in college. That especially with extra responsibilities and obligations that come with being in the workplace. It's not even close
I wish I could stay in college forever. I would love to be an eternal student. I would hate to have to enter the workforce. Work is literally modern day slavery. We're all chained and imprisoned; we're prisoners. At least we know that we're in prison. The vast majority of people don't even know. I don't want to be chained to work for the rest of my life. I'd rather die

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My life has never truly started and I'm already 30. I can't even conceive of making it to 50 in this condition.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
My life has never truly started and I'm already 30. I can't even conceive of making it to 50 in this condition.
My life is already over. I never even wanted it to truly start. I got everything that I wanted out of life. Graduating college is enough for me. I never wanted to live out post-college life. I never thought that I would have to enter the workforce and real world. I always thought I'd be dead before then. Adulthood is just not worth living for me, and I never wanted to live it anyways

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
My life wasn't great to bigin with but the worest years of my life are probably the ones after 25. I wouldn't say the next years were a waste. Atleast I've spent them trying to tackle every possibility to improve my life and try and see if I can have somewhat of a better future. So yes one could say I was more of fighting and surviving than living. It does make sense to say I was just waiting to be buried. Their is a logical reason the "club 27" exists in the suicidals world.
Absolutely

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My life is already over. I never even wanted it to truly start. I got everything that I wanted out of life. Graduating college is enough for me. I never wanted to live out post-college life. I never thought that I would have to enter the workforce and real world. I always thought I'd be dead before then. Adulthood is just not worth living for me, and I never wanted to live it anyways
Personally I never enjoyed college or schooling and couldn't wait to be free of it. I still enjoy not having to do homework but it would be nice if I didn't have to do any work at all.

Last edited:
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
For my part, I stopped living at 10, when depression started crushing me.
I totally understand the quote though, as people usually enter the workforce at around 25 and start working as modern age slaves. Every day the same shit. You work to eat, pay the bills and rent. Your childhood and teenage dreams all get crushed by life. You work to make your boss rich. Fuck that lmao.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I wish I could stay in college forever. I would love to be an eternal student. I would hate to have to enter the workforce. Work is literally modern day slavery. We're all chained and imprisoned; we're prisoners. At least we know that we're in prison. The vast majority of people don't even know. I don't want to be chained to work for the rest of my life. I'd rather die
Could you go back to school and work on getting another degree? Then it shows your family you are doing something
My therapist told me her life didn't start improving till her 40s

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023

Interesting. I an tempted to think that's a conspiracy to keep us staying alive 😂

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
Interesting. I an tempted to think that's a conspiracy to keep us staying alive 😂
Nope, it's just a meta-analysis. If the results showed otherwise then they would have reported on that, plus happiness does start to see a decline again after around 70 and up to age 96.

Either way, the point is that human experiences vary a lot so saying that life ends at 25 for most people is dumb and it also ends up contributing to both ageism (due to it implying that you will likely be miserable once you are above the age of 25) and the glorification of youth. Youthfulness shouldn't be over gloified, nor should aging be bashed.

Being young comes with many perks but also many downsides, especially today, with the current state of the world people around my age and younger are dealing with. The same applies with old age. These pros and cons can even vary depending on where you live and your socioeconomic background. Older people live much better lives in my mom's home country in comparison to where I live and my grandparents, who are middleclass, have had much better lives in comparison to a lot older people who come from lower income backgrounds.

I'm sorry if I came off as a bit aggressive in my posts, but I just find that comments like those annoy me a lot.

I don't want to grow old, but that's because living long just doesn't interest me. Once I complete my goal I plan on enjoying myself for a bit and then ctbing.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Nope, it's just a meta-analysis. If the results showed otherwise then they would have reported on that, plus happiness does start to see a decline again after around 70 and up to age 96.

Either way, the point is that human experiences vary a lot so saying that life ends at 25 for most people is dumb and it also ends up contributing to both ageism (due to it implying that you will likely be miserable once you are above the age of 25) and the glorification of youth. Youthfulness shouldn't be over gloified, nor should aging be bashed.

Being young comes with many perks but also many downsides, especially today, with the current state of the world people around my age and younger are dealing with. The same applies with old age. These pros and cons can even vary depending on where you live and your socioeconomic background. Older people live much better lives in my mom's home country in comparison to where I live and my grandparents, who are middleclass, have had much better lives in comparison to a lot older people who come from lower income backgrounds.

I'm sorry if I came off as a bit aggressive in my posts, but I just find that comments like those annoy me a lot.

I don't want to grow old, but that's because living long just doesn't interest me. Once I complete my goal I plan on enjoying myself for a bit and then ctbing.
Same I notice a lot of people in their 20s saying the end of the world happens at 30 makes me roll my eyes

E

Ephemeron

human trash
Dec 17, 2023
Most people will end up hating sacrificing their lives for a paycheck. That along with essentially limited social circles as those that they had in college. It all worse
Yes, and good luck making new friends after 30. What a life.

Reactions: JKFleck
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Could you go back to school and work on getting another degree? Then it shows your family you are doing something
My therapist told me her life didn't start improving till her 40s
My parents don't want to pay for me to get another degree lol. They said they'd only pay for medical school. I don't know why they want me to be a doctor so badly

Reactions: karmaisabitch
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Yes, and good luck making new friends after 30. What a life.
I agree. If you don't have hobbies or social circles developed in college you are pretty much doomed. Who's gonna make friends with a 30 year old and where besides work?

Reactions: LunarLight
karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
My parents don't want to pay for me to get another degree lol. They said they'd only pay for medical school. I don't know why they want me to be a doctor so badly
That's crazy and controlling! I'm assuming you are on your 20s so really you should mange your education and work on your own right? As far as I know it's 2024 you are independent at the age of 18

I

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
Funnily enough it was when I was around 26 that I started losing interest in everything.
Been on autopilot ever since, not fun.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
That's crazy and controlling! I'm assuming you are on your 20s so really you should mange your education and work on your own right? As far as I know it's 2024 you are independent at the age of 18
I'm in my early 20s and already have a bachelor's. I don't want to work on my own or be independent. My main reason to ctb is actually to avoid having to work and be independent lol

Last edited:
karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
I'm in my early 20s and already have a bachelor's degree. I don't want to work on my own or be independent. My main reason to ctb is actually to avoid having to work and be independent lol
Are you anxious? I don't blame you I got my masters that I never used I started cutting hair to pay for life but if I go back 15 years ago I'll kill myself. I regret living all this time. I had my beautiful son and I lost him being a live is pain.

• Hugs
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I totally understand the quote though, as people usually enter the workforce at around 25 and start working as modern age slaves. Every day the same shit. You work to eat, pay the bills and rent. Your childhood and teenage dreams all get crushed by life. You work to make your boss rich. Fuck that lmao.
Literally. Fuck that shit. I'm not doing it
Funnily enough it was when I was around 26 that I started losing interest in everything.
Been on autopilot ever since, not fun.
Wdym by "on autopilot?" Do you work?

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
That's very usual among parents. They find it prestigious. :pfff:

Reactions: sserafim