• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BustOrBust

BustOrBust

𝓭𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓽𝔂💕
Jun 30, 2023
Where do you personally draw the line between your right to choose and a responsibility not to cause suffering/other's rights not to be traumatized?

Do you feel that your right to choose holds a high enough value that any choice or method is morally acceptable?

Is choosing a less or nonviolent method enough to honor the rights of others without forgoing your own rights?

Do you just accept that all methods of ctb will result in someone being traumtized to some degree, and do your best to take responsibility for that & minimize the damage?

Do you feel that the person/people most likely to experience trauma from your decision is in some way responsible for your pain, and therefore deserving of the suffering?

Or maybe it's none of the above, and you have a perspective I haven't yet considered at all.

None of these are asked from a place of judgement. My feelings tend to change a lot, so maybe a compelling argument will help me gain some much needed consistency.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
If I'm in a nice social relation with someone, I share some reasonable responsibility to make their lives preferable to death. If they ctb, all of us failed them

Also I share responsibility to heal their trauma if (for example) someone close to them ctb'd

It's hilarious that people dump all the responsibility on the suicidal — LEAST able to perform responsibilities. NooOo, they posture like passive victims, who are acted upon — rather than able to act

Similar goes for those who take away a person's ability to die without harming strangers

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
For me- I believe my Dad would be devastated if I CTB. So- I'm hanging on for him. Once he's gone- most of my friends and family are very distant now (purposely.) Of course- I worry about them but yes- by then, I think I can justify it to myself that the pain of mine in staying will be worse than theirs if I leave.

Plus- yes- some of them have contributed to me feeling like this in the first place. Not that this is some sort of vengeful act but yeah- the thought definitely goes through my head that IF they think disparigingly about my action- they ought to reflect on what lead me to do it in the first place.

In terms of method. I do believe in doing what we can to minimize trauma. I'm lucky in that I ought to be able to CTB in relative private. It should only be law enforcement that have to deal with the remains. That also troubles me but then- we're not given the choice of assisted suicide at a clinic- which I would opt for given the choice.

I would plan to give them prior warning in an email plus warning signs on the door for what to expect and how they should protect themselves. I even thought of leaving them some money- depending on what I have left by then. Not sure if they could take it though. It's shitty they have to deal with this- even though I'm sure they know it's part of the jobs remit.

But yeah- I'd want to make it as 'easy' and convenient for people left behind as possible with all the paperwork- will, houseclearance service, cremation without funeral, notes organized beforehand.

Reactions: BustOrBust
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
It's a matter of balance. How much and how badly do I suffer? Does it get to the point where I have a 'right' to end my pain. I want to keep going for those I love but one day I might need to go.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Where do you personally draw the line between your right to choose and a responsibility not to cause suffering/other's rights not to be traumatized?

Do you feel that your right to choose holds a high enough value that any choice or method is morally acceptable?

Is choosing a less or nonviolent method enough to honor the rights of others without forgoing your own rights?

Do you just accept that all methods of ctb will result in someone being traumtized to some degree, and do your best to take responsibility for that & minimize the damage?

Do you feel that the person/people most likely to experience trauma from your decision is in some way responsible for your pain, and therefore deserving of the suffering?

Or maybe it's none of the above, and you have a perspective I haven't yet considered at all.

None of these are asked from a place of judgement. My feelings tend to change a lot, so maybe a compelling argument will help me gain some much needed consistency.
I believe that I have the right to take my own life, and I'm not responsible for other peoples' feelings. It's not my responsibility to care about their feelings. I shouldn't be not allowed to ctb just because "other people would be sad". This totally just diminishes my own suffering and sadness.

Preferably I will choose a method that is inside and private so I minimize the risk of collateral damage and harming strangers. I would want to choose a less violent method because violent methods freak me out, I don't want to do that damage to myself. My ideal method would be VSED but that's really hard to do

Last edited:
real person

real person

Experienced
Dec 11, 2023
it depends how bad your suffering is. if shooting myself was the easiest option for me i'd happily take it. i want to CTB so bad it's not even funny

Rouge4000

Rouge4000

Alone
Sep 27, 2023

Well to make it brief, no to ctb is to choose to die and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Why??? Bc we as humans all know we will die however we will never know when or how we do die so what's the deal? Ctb is a choice a choice that you the person makes. You have the choice to take ur life and have control of it. As much as you have the power to end it you have to live it and nobody can really take that from you unless ur murdered or something like that. When it comes to the feelings of others I say it is practically irrelevant, there will be those who grieve your death but they won't understand and they do not HAVE to. All they need to understand is you had a choice and you made it that was your choice. The method of which you ctb is irrelevant I think there is cruel irony in how one might see it like "oh he hanged himself bc he always used to be choked by his dad" etc at the end of the day your still going to be dead the method won't bother someone more UNLESS they witness it firsthand as in dismemberment literally blowing ur brains out in front of someone etc. the truth is I draw no line bc whatever i decide is my choice. If you as a person who cares so much about me can't accept it then you never really cared to begin with