• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Madao

Madao

Certified MADAO (She/her)
Mar 30, 2023
Back when I was severely depressed and wanting to CTB (not too long ago), I developed a habit that really helped me. And I just want to share that. :). It was as simple as just writing down everything I did right and wrong during the month (that I could remember or that was important of course) at the end of the month. Then I would write down what I wanted to do the next month. This helped with 3 things.

1st, it was A HUUUUGE motivational boost because somehow my own writing and dedication to discipline and grow myself always got me fired up. It always instill in me some hope for the next month, and gave me some sort of structure to my life.

2nd, identified problems and strengths. Whenever I wrote down at the end of the month I clear out any external out of my control struggles. Focusing on what I can do and what I am responsible for really helped develop me in many ways.

3rd, the results were awesome. I pushed myself out the comfort zone, got together with friends, made new ones, apologized to ones I wronged, developed my own personality and eradicated any hate I had in the course of about a year. It was awesome!

Let me share a brief version of my own monthly update: this month I crowned around and goofed around with friends. I also started diving into my passions, and really teaching myself a lot of physics on my own. Unfortunately, this month I got depressed again due to personal relationships being toxic with some people and I'm being affected. So next month I would like to resolve the issues of these toxic relationships and either settle the problem with mutual understanding or sever it and move on.

NOW, what I made this thread for you guys to muse over what you've accomplished this month and how you can improve yourself and your situation the next month (if its possible and if you're comfortable with sharing).

Have fun!

Last edited:
TheRedHare

TheRedHare

Truth Seeking
Feb 26, 2023
Noting your activities is always a good idea because unlike your brain when you're depressed, it gives you an objective view of what you accomplished/where you fell short.

Awesome post. Keep it up.

Madao

Madao

Mar 30, 2023
Noting your activities is always a good idea because unlike your brain when you're depressed, it gives you an objective view of what you accomplished/where you fell short.

Awesome post. Keep it up.
Thank you it means a lot to me. First time I've shared my monthly updates with other ppl. :○

Reactions: TheRedHare
Madao

Madao

Mar 30, 2023
This month, I was in a deep philosophical state. I...It didn't really help my mood. I thought of just trying to be happy and letting those thoughts go, but I know that's just not the way to go about it. I must solve my problems not cover them in pretty glitter.
There was something good that happened to me though. Last month I talked of "relationships" falling apart and that I had to take action. Proud to say I did. And it's major too. My dad and I haven't been talking for two years and just like that we're doing fine again. At least that's a plus point.
For next month, hmm. I don't have any real immediate problems other than of course this soggy mood I'm in. Maybe I'll just have next month to sort out these feelings, to try and find peace in them and settle them. I march towards happiness inch by inch. :)

• Love
Reactions: HighFlight
Madao

Madao

Mar 30, 2023
I skipped out on a couple months (at least here), but I remember all that has happened.

May-Just depressing. Really depressing.
June-Went on vacation, started to enjoy life somewhat. Plus, I finally got time to do research on random things like I always liked :D
July-Egg finally cracked, all hell broke loose.

August-The worst month of my life. But also the best in a way, because I started taking action. I want to die. I still do. But the pain of last month...if I ever experience that again, actually, I probably will experience it again. I will just have to CTB. I don't have the capacity to deal with that shit. I really don't. And September so far, has been just as bad as August. Hell it might be worse. I want to die. But I can't. Until I try and give it my all. I can't die. If I fail after trying, then I think I have the right to die.

HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
@Madao - Thank you for sharing with all of us. We know that recovery can be a difficult process, and hearing what works (or doesn't work) for others can be extremely helpful. I wish you well on your path, and please know that we are here if you need to talk. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: Madao