Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I get it every Sunday. It comes when I go to bed. I start thinking about the week ahead and all the things I have to do and I feel a wave of anxiety wash over me. I dread Mondays.

Tonight the palpitations are so bad, I got sharp pains on the entire left side of my torso. I have a pretty decent job, but my sensitivity to stress makes it very hard for me to function like normal people do.

I wish so much I was stronger. I wish I didn't care this much. I wish I was normal.

Anyone else have Monday anxiety? How do you cope with it?

• Hugs
Reactions: ohhgeeitsme, Sensei and Livingvsdying25
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I work on weekends to get a head start on the next week's stuff.

Reactions: Sensei and Callie Arcale
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I already work full time, Monday to Friday. I would not work on weekends even if they paid me ten times the hourly pay. I need free time to recharge and to rest my damaged brain. Without rest, I fear I would soon lose what little sanity and clarity I have left in me, and thus not be able to work at all.

Reactions: Lupgevif

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I had intense stomach pains prior to Monday school, pretty much all the time. It's like my gut instinct was telling me not to go there, and it took me a decade to start listening to it instead of other people. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I have every day anxiety, though it is worse in the mornings and afternoons when I have a full day ahead of me.

• Hugs
Reactions: DocNo and Callie Arcale
moonchild

moonchild

Student
May 8, 2020
Every day is pretty much the same for me, so it shouldn't even matter, but I still get the anxiety. Weekends are good because no one expects anything of me, and Mondays are just a reminder of how everything continues. As I'm quite free to make my own schedule, I try to schedule easier things for Mondays, so that I can at least start the week with a not absolutely terrible day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale