• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
A couple minutes ago I had a Discord-based debate with a prolifer on the topic of the right to die & to say the least, it was absolutely mindnumbing & gave me a headache. I eventually had to end up blocking him & ending the debate because he twisted it into a personal argument.
1692327337215 1692327310119

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: MeltingBrain, swaraj, gottablast888 and 8 others
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Idk if you like arguing or just felt compelled to in this case but I usually leave prolifers alone. Neither them or I will change out minds, and both sides believe they have moral high ground. Seems pointless trying to convince someone who isn't actually going to respect your argument

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: jar-baby, kovu, jessisme and 16 others
Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
Idk if you like arguing or just felt compelled to in this case but I usually leave prolifers alone. Neither them or I will change out minds, and both sides believe they have moral high ground. Seems pointless trying to convince someone who isn't actually going to respect your argument
I see what you mean.

• Hugs
Reactions: jessisme, swaraj, アホペンギン and 2 others
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
There is nothing to debate with somebody who thinks that "You do not have the right to die", which is totally false since the right to die is a basic human right.

• Love
Reactions: kovu, kernel_panic, swaraj and 12 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Like politics, discussing this with a pro-lifer is a waste of your time. They walk by faith and not by sight. Why they keep their eyes closed!

Reactions: jessisme, kernel_panic, swaraj and 6 others
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
pro lifers are just a waste of time

• Love
Reactions: jessisme, kernel_panic, swaraj and 4 others
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Like politics, discussing this with a pro-lifer is a waste of your time. They walk by faith and not by sight. Why they keep their eyes closed!
You're always welcome to give this argument but honestly it's the prolifers who say the same thing. "You're too young/stupid/inexperienced/misguided to understand". Way I see it, we just have a difference of experiences and beliefs which lead us to different answers. Neither side is walking with closed eyes, but instead treading in opposite directions.
I see what you mean.
I did want to say something tho. That prolifer says "The site(SaSu) should be taken down" but doesn't actually understand the consequences of such. Taking SaSu down, even briefly, results in multiple different suicides, attempts, and increase in SH, which acts against everything a prolifer is trying to do, which is "save" the people of this community. By further separating a collection of lonely and depressed individuals from others they can socialize with is not "saving" them.

If that individual had half of a braincell they would have stopped to think of the ramifications, but like most providers, they seem to be under the false impression that removing SaSu will prevent the forlorn members from harming themselves.

It's almost like the website isn't the problem but a result of the actual problem hmm? 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: imonadeadline, Praestat_Mori and betternever2havbeen
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Wellness is such a variable it is impossible for some to understand. They never felt the earth give way under their feet. The oxygen never got sucked out of their room. They never looked up from the bottom of a well with no hope of climbing out.
They are lucky and do not appreciate that fact.

• Love
Reactions: Kerrtu, Praestat_Mori and betternever2havbeen
Nephis

Nephis

“Death should take me while I am in the mood.”
Sep 3, 2018
There was no argument, there was no reasoning, there was no point

~These people fail to understand that their opinion never mattered, only those who are affected by it were, for why is it that
men get a say in woman's sufferage when they do not have that experience? They will never understand, nor should they.

• Hugs
Reactions: fwompie, Kerrtu and Praestat_Mori
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I think your way of debating is somewhat ineffective. I've been able to move some pro-lifers online into supporting assisted suicide. You probably shouldn't say things like "ad hominem+ x fallacy" because you're automatically making them put up their mental defenses and view the debate as something they must win rather than an exchange of ideas and information from both sides. I've found that using the Socratic method of debate is useful for topics such as this, you don't force your conclusions on them, you ask guiding questions that allow the person you're talking to to arrive at that conclusion by themselves. That's my opinion anyways.

Reactions: spinningmyself, Touhou and lachrymost
John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
You KILLED them. Absolute SLAY. Utter cyberspace carnage. Safe to say this person will never use the internet again

• Yay!
Reactions: Touhou
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I would've told that prolifer: Show proof that someone is encouraging suicide .

Also . Why is it your business if I want to kill myself? We're all going to die anyway so why should I continue to suffer? I'm not encouraging suicide . I couldn't care less what another human does wether they want to live or not.

See they can't counter those arguments with logic. So instead they lie and say I and people here are death cultists.

Where the hell do these morons get it in their head that they can tell me I don't have the right to die?

Yes I do have the right to die. Who owns me?

What's the discord I'll go over there and tell that prolifer some things.

Last edited:
Reactions: spinningmyself, Praestat_Mori and Kerrtu
TheHuman

TheHuman

-
May 31, 2023
Pro-Lifers have the stupidest logic since all it is emotail thoughts not logic suicide is logic and good reasoning, they just are too blind to see shit in any other way than rainbows, happiness , and shit like that.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Propaganda: We're death cultists

Reality: Someone downloaded 700,000 comments and found no one telling anyone to kill themselves — "we have not seen any attempts at suicide incitement through explicit persuasion"

Which says something impressive about the mods — not 1 error in 700,000 comments. This was a dissertation for someone's master's degree in informatics. As you can imagine, it had to make a show of trying to find something wrong with sasu

• Informative
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, pole, jar-baby and 5 others
Dead Already

Dead Already

-
Jul 14, 2023
Better to just pepper spray yourself in the eyes

• Yay!
Reactions: jessisme and Kerrtu
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
I think prolifers act this dense in debates because they are scared of death. They don't want to think about it and they don't want to face the fact that some people hate life, are having a rough time with endless suffering, and just want a way out.
It's sad to live that ignorant.

Living your life scared of the only surety we all get, that we will all die.

Reality: Someone downloaded 700,000 comments and found no one telling anyone to kill themselves — "we have not seen any attempts at suicide incitement through explicit persuasion"

Which says something impressive about the mods — not 1 error in 700,000 comments. This was a dissertation for someone's master's degree in informatics. As you can imagine, it had to make a show of trying to find something wrong with sasu
This is so interesting and nice to read, thanks for sharing. Good to keep as a source to throw at people who spread that propaganda.

• Love
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, Touhou and SexyIncél
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
'Ad lapidm'

Slf lernd a nw phrse 2dy

There is nothing to debate with somebody who thinks that "You do not have the right to die", which is totally false since the right to die is a basic human right.

Thy hve th/ Pope as a pfp

Wld nt hve expctd diffrntly

A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
"You don't have the right to die". You're dealing with a religious fundamentalist, most likely. These are people that can't understand logic and can't be reasoned with.

I grew up Catholic and one of my family members still rants to this day that Robin Williams is in hell because he killed himself. It's genuinely amusing how seemingly reasonable people fall apart at the seams when something contradicts their fictitious little book.

They're the sort of people that protest and harass women outside of abortion clinics, but don't even attend church on a Sunday. They use their religion purely as a justification for bigotry.

Reactions: Touhou, spinningmyself and ablationaaa457
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That just sounds like a troll to me, in my opinion it could never be worth having a conversation with someone like that, there's no benefit to it.

A

ablationaaa457

Jul 26, 2023
I feel like this is a good example of the standard knee-jerk response that people have when someone even starts discussing suicide (e.g. "right to die" debate, sanctity of life, blah blah). People often say that they want suicidal people to open up and discuss their problems, but they will often also try to talk over and shut down any discussion by suicidal people themselves while heavy-handedly shoving their own rigid thoughts without any actual care towards suicidal people. Ironically, these sort of people may very well worsen the situation with their actions.

Honestly, these sort of highly emotional responses are understandable to me, as someone who isn't suicidal and hasn't experienced such thoughts would most likely find even thinking about such an act very distressing. However, it does mean that "debating" these people is pointless as there isn't really any actual debate to be had, just an emotional knee-jerk response that doesn't even attempt to look further into this site (or any associated discussion around suicide). Personally, I'd just block and move on.

Reactions: fwompie
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Just another ignorant asshole. That conversation wasn't worth your time. He acts as if he has control over someone else deciding that they should live. I always say walk one mile in my shoes and then tell me how you feel - until that time shut your fucking mouth

Nephis

Nephis

“Death should take me while I am in the mood.”
Sep 3, 2018

Could you please send me the link to that dissertation?

I'm fascinated to see what other things they have to say.

Reactions: SexyIncél
John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
Could you please send me the link to that dissertation?

I'm fascinated to see what other things they have to say.
The highlighted part...

Reactions: SexyIncél
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Honstly

Mods d/ evrythng tht r abl bt = also th/ actns of a respnsble cmmunty fr rportng harmfl commnts whch = jst as importnt

S/ thnk tht rsult reflcts wll on evry1

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake and SexyIncél