• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

HorriblePain

Apr 15, 2023
I am wondering if it is possible to overdose on a large quantity of the blood pressure drug Metoprolol or on any other blood pressure medication? Thanks.

emptybox

emptybox

Nov 27, 2022
I have a similar question.
Same class medication - Propranolol - is definitely used for fatal OD(Case report ; Leaving thread here (Propranolol + Amitriptyline)

Can Metoprolol be used instead, is it any different? Same lethal dosage? Are there effective combinations known with Metoprolol? Need any information.
Metoprolol fatal OD case report
(I will try to search myself but I want to ask anyway)

Last edited:
Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023
I have a similar question.
Same class medication - Propranolol - is definitely used for fatal OD(Case report ; Leaving thread here (Propranolol + Amitriptyline)

Can Metoprolol be used instead, is it any different? Same lethal dosage? Are there effective combinations known with Metoprolol? Need any information.
Metoprolol fatal OD case report
(I will try to search myself but I want to ask anyway)

Beta blockers are not just beta blockers.

Metoprolol: Poisoning with metoprolol is common and, especially in the case of suicidal poisoning, leads to severe symptoms more frequently and even with lower "pill counts" than poisoning with bisoprolol. The toxicity as "medium to high". Below about 1 g of ingested amount of substance, there are usually milder symptoms, from 1 g circulatory insufficiency is possible in isolated cases, from 2 g more frequently, from 3 g more likely and from about 5 g life-threatening courses must be expected. In one study, there was a relatively stable dose-response relationship. Here, patients with milder courses had taken an average of about 25 mg/kg (or up to 1.5 g) metoprolol, while patients with moderate and severe to life-threatening courses had taken doses of around 45-50 mg/kg (or about 2-3 g) on average.

Propranolol: Propranolol has the highest toxicity of any beta-blocker currently on the market. Most likely, there is a toxic threshold dose here. When taking up to 500 mg, only slight symptoms seem to occur, around 1 g severe poisoning is possible, from 2 g severe symptoms then occur frequently. In one documented case, the affected patient suffered several seizures after taking "only" 600 mg.

There is little information about the lethal dose. But it should be at least 8g propranolol. There are cases that patients with 13g and 16g propranolol have survived. Mainly in combination with another drug.

• Informative
Reactions: hi-okbye and emptybox