• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
Plan was to cbt in four weeks after a last trip back home for mom's birthday and before I'm supposed to start a job I don't think I can do because of my condition. I ordered SN and meto: Check. Ordered N: Check. I was going to take the N unless it doesn't come in time, then I would switch to SN. I thought I'd done all the research. And then I started learning more about meto and I think I'm screwed. I take Seroquel which the PPH says has a bad interaction with meto. I thought, ok, I'll just stop it a week or so before. Then I read about interactions between Effexor and meto. Also bad. And now my shrink just prescribed Wellbutrin. Also bad. I guess I can stop everything and not take the Wellbutrin but a part of me has a slight, slight hope that the Wellbutrin will help me. But it's doubtful. I'm at a loss. What awaits me right now is very, very bad. What awaits me if I have an adverse reaction to the meto is horrifying. Has anyone who takes/has taken psychotropic drugs had any experience taking meto? I'm looking for some/any hope I can still cbt this way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Domperidon is less risky than meto. I'd order that.

Reactions: kuddelmuddel23
kuddelmuddel23

kuddelmuddel23

Expert Level Tree Farmer
Jun 13, 2019
In your case I would rather leave meto out of the question and switch to Domperidone and Ondansetron.

Either the 48 hours regimen with 10mg Domperidone every 8 hours and one hour before taking N/SN additionally 8-16mg Ondansetron. Or stat dose with 20-30mg Domperidone and 8-16mg Ondansetron one hour before taking N/SN.

Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
but they're not supposed to work as well right?

kuddelmuddel23

kuddelmuddel23

Expert Level Tree Farmer
Jun 13, 2019
With the additional Ondansetron Domperidone comes close to Meto. Of course it is not the same and a bit weaker, but it will be enough. In any case better than risking it with meto.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
but they're not supposed to work as well right?

That's one theory, but I've seen people say there's no real difference in their effectiveness as anti-emetics. Perhaps taking domperidon for the 48-hour regimen and meto as the stat dose would work for you.

What's ondonsetron, please and thank you?

kuddelmuddel23

kuddelmuddel23

Expert Level Tree Farmer
Jun 13, 2019
What's ondonsetron, please and thank you?
So Meto has summarized three features: D2 and 5-HT3 antagonism, and 5-HT4 agonism.

If you now replace Meto with Domperidone, you lose the mode of action of the 5-HT3 antagonism and the 5-HT4 agonism. And there comes Odansetron into play, it is also an anti emetic and a 5-HT3 antagonist.So you would only loose the 5-HT4 agonism in regards to meto. The 5-TH4 agonist accelerates gastric emptying and is not 100% needed for either of these methods, but can help with the faster absorption of the drug.

• Wow
Reactions: Meg, throwaway_2620 and Soul
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
So Meto has summarized three features: D2 and 5-HT3 antagonism, and 5-HT4 agonism.

If you now replace Meto with Domperidone, you lose the mode of action of the 5-HT3 antagonism and the 5-HT4 agonism. And there comes Odansetron into play, it is also an anti emetic and a 5-HT3 antagonist.So you would only loose the 5-HT4 agonism in regards to meto. The 5-TH4 agonist accelerates gastric emptying and is not 100% needed for either of these methods, but can help with the faster absorption of the drug.

Arrrgh
Thank you so much but my eyes glaze over when I see pharmaceutical details. I just meant "is it another prescription buddy or OTC? Does it have other names? Where can we get it?"

Reactions: kuddelmuddel23
Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
They're both prescription. One isn't even available in the US. And neither is "guaranteed" the way meto seems to be.

kuddelmuddel23

kuddelmuddel23

Expert Level Tree Farmer
Jun 13, 2019
Arrrgh
Thank you so much but my eyes glaze over when I see pharmaceutical details. I just meant "is it another prescription buddy or OTC? Does it have other names? Where can we get it?"
Oh sorry. It is a prescription-only drug, known as Zofran or Ondisolv.

Reactions: Soul
dolphin

dolphin

aquatic thing
Feb 7, 2019
Hi guys, I took a low dose of wellbutrin for the past week. I'm stopping it today. I'm taking the meto next week and hoping there will be no issues. What i've read online says that wellbutrin can increase plasma concentration of meto and increase risk of EPS .. im hoping this stuff is out of my body. Really anxious about this.