• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Not uber heavy, but awesome folky doomy proggy Metal who do epic bigness in their music so the ocean/marine themes fit them well (I had to check them out cos I'm obsessed with krakens lol). But not Power Metal which is good cos I can't take that seriously. They throw in some strings and keyboards here and there, and have female and male vocals (who were husband and wife at one time) to keep it interesting, but it never gets pretentious. Good if you're in the mood for longer songs rather than an instant sugar rush. @LonelyBrazilian - the name Agalloch rang a bell; they were label mates with them, and one of Giant Squid's members formed a band with Agalloch apparently.

Last edited:
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
Sub Rosa are dope. Pallbearer are dope as well and have a perfect name, too.
SubRosa are very dope! Haven't checked out Pallbearer yet.

You did inspire me to finally give a full Acid Bath album a listen with your song earlier. Great stuff!

Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
SubRosa are very dope! Haven't checked out Pallbearer yet.

You did inspire me to finally give a full Acid Bath album a listen with your song earlier. Great stuff!
Listening to Pallbearer now as I can't sleep. Lol. I've been listening to Giant Squid so not too far apart; you can imagine them touring together. Pallbearer is a great name; fits the band.

Acid Bath are amazing perhaps my favourite ever Metal band. A cult band. Only did 2 albums, but they both slap. Sadly a member died.

Reactions: deflationary
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
@deflationary I liked the song No surprise by Kenn Nardi.

The whole album is on a similar level! Might be worth checking out if you enjoyed it. It's undeservedly unknown. The guy is the main man behind the old thrash metal band Anacrusis, who were also great.

Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Since we're going with our early Metal years this was my first Real Metal® album I bought. Bit cringey in hind sight, but you gotta start somewhere. I still have a soft spot for this song: