• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I suffer anxoeria alongside being suicidal, I am trying to get treatment right now I find myself fighting to believed by doctors. You can't win when seeking help. The mental advocates and suicide prevention lobby who say "go see a therapist', "there is help out there" etc don't understand how the system works but these sanctimonious people think they know everything

In the UK mental health care system is very difficult to acess for example even if you are mentally unwell if the doctor thinks you are not ill enough then you are not eligible for treatment under the NHS. There are many cases where people with eating disorders have been denied help under the NHS because their BMI is not low enough to meet the standards of having an eating disorder. An eating disorder is unhealthy relationship with food with effects all areas of life.

The only disadvantage of government run healthcare is the state decides who should get medical treatment or not .

Right now I am documentating ALL my evidence of how my eating disorder alongside my depression is getting worse and I am even making myself even more ill just so the doctor can see I am sick and need help because if I look healthy and functional doctors won't take me seriously.

You can't win. You seek help you either get denied it or worst of all get judged for it either as "weak" by society or judged for not being sick enough.

pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
im sorry youre going through this, its horrible seeking help only to be treated as a kind of annoyance or "not sick enough", nobody should have to resort to desperate acts or be almost dying to receive help, and im sorry the NHS has failed you and so many other mentally ill people. i also hear the problem of needing to be below a certain BMI alot, that is so terrible!! i am really really hoping funding and systematic change comes to the NHS, i hear so many stories from people in the UK having treatment defunded and degraded over the years, never getting access to the right treatment in the first place and having to bounce between many doctors, or being screwed over cause they don't live in the right suburb.

Reactions: Forveleth
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I was worrying too much about same exact thing (more than 2 years I was debating with my self wheater to seek help or not)
I told my self that if they tell me that I'm not ill enough, I'm just gonna kill my self the day later. I was suffering so deep that I lost interest in everything, and I basicly wanted to go to the mental hospital so I could just watch as they would stuff me with drugs. I had no will to die neither to be alive.
Not to care is the best I got out of severe depresion.

Felodese

Felodese

Mar 31, 2024
I don't have anorexia myself, but I know people who do. The situation is similar where I'm from. Whatever mental health issues you have, everyone tells you to just get help, that there's always help to be had. But when you when you try to get help, they either don't believe you or you're not deemed sick enough.
Then again, some of the stories I've heard from people who, after almost starving to death, actually did get "help" makes me wonder if they wouldn't have been better of without it. I hope the NHS isn't quite the tragic joke that my country's health service is.
Hopefully you'll be able to find a doctor or psychologist who actually cares, and knows enough about eating disorders to know that it's not about how emaciated you are. I hope you get the help you need.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I have high functioning depression and am in a similar boat. Because I can still go to work and school when I need to I don't qualify for intensive therapy or any medical leave. Very frustrating to exist in a broken system. šŸ«‚