• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DesperateOne

DesperateOne

Experienced
May 25, 2023
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I think it would be cool if there was a memorial section on this forum where peoples last goodbye threads are automatically archived.

It feels like goodbye posts after a while just get swallowed up by a sea of other threads, but with this digital graveyard they will be properly preserved and very accessible for people who want to mourn/share memories of folks who decided to take the bus.

Just an idea, no clue if it has been tried already...

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
In my opinion, no I just think people should be able to rest in peace, other people's deaths aren't your entertainment. And how can one share memories of strangers on the internet as they literally don't even know them, the posts on here are just words so to me they are meaningless anyway, I really couldn't care less about a strangers personal decision.

I personally don't see what's so special about death anyway, we are all going to die someday and that's inevitable. And for many ceasing to exist is something relieving just because it might be so sad for you and something to mourn about doesn't automatically mean this applies to everyone else.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
other people's deaths aren't your entertainment.
Define entertainment. People call you autistic sometimes, and I am too, and I personally wouldn't consider it "entertainment" in the narrow sense of the word. What about curiosity? What about the methods? What about those who wish to be remembered?

I do read farewell threads whenever I bump into them, and I'm not ashamed. It makes me think about my own death, and how I would like it to go in contrast to others. What I like/dislike about them. What is predictable and unpredictable.

True, I don't really understand normie sentiments such as the age gaps in relationships, or the concept of a just war, but at least here it's clearly not looking into anything forbidden like someone's private messages. So what if I like it?

(I know, I'm rambling akin to a cornered paedophile, but that's the point. And I'm trying to be truthful.)

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
What about the cases where somebody makes a goodbye thread just for them to fail the attempt and come back to this forum like normal? Also, why does it matter if their goodbye threads are preserved or not? Chances are that you don't even know the majority of the people who killed themselves. As FC said above, there's nothing special about death as a whole as death is inevitable. Even as you typed your message and as I type mine, people are dying and still are.

Though, either way, I'm apathetic to the idea so, if people here want to implement it, I can't care either way and I surely as hell won't care when I'm dead

february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
Maybe people could say in their goodbye thread if they'd like it to be archived in a separate place? I know I wouldn't mind having my last words placed somewhere they wouldn't be forgotten

Reactions: 4.I.2.Must.Die
4.I.2.Must.Die

4.I.2.Must.Die

Up with life I cannot put 🙅 ✋ Where's the exit 🔚
Nov 8, 2023
In my opinion, no I just think people should be able to rest in peace, other people's deaths aren't your entertainment. And how can one share memories of strangers on the internet as they literally don't even know them, the posts on here are just words so to me they are meaningless anyway, I really couldn't care less about a strangers personal decision.

I personally don't see what's so special about death anyway, we are all going to die someday and that's inevitable. And for many ceasing to exist is something relieving just because it might be so sad for you and something to mourn about doesn't automatically mean this applies to everyone else.
Unlike you we see this as a community and to an extent we care about eachother and build friendships of sort so it's absolutely not for entertainment and it's nice to bid a fond farewell to fellow members.

february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
Not a good idea, the media would use it against us.

Of course its nice to remember those that society failed, but here is not the place sadly.

I thought the same thing, but to be fair, the media ALREADY uses it against us. We're never going to be in their good graces, they're never going to say "y'know, maybe this site isn't so bad!" so at some point I just don't think it matters how they try to spin it and we can't try and keep the forum as clean as possible to cater to them

4everDone

4everDone

death is freedom
Feb 2, 2024
Not a good idea, the media would use it against us.

Of course its nice to remember those that society failed, but here is not the place sadly.
Or it could also show them that people suffer in different ways and providing the solution would put an end to endless method researching and traumatisation.

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
yh it'd be nice for commemorative purposes plus selfishly I wanna see how successful my chosen method is and I'm curious how many have died to night night, Shallow Water Blackout and 1,4 Butanediol as they're talked about but I've never seen anyone actually die from them on here.