TheLakesKrueguer

TheLakesKrueguer

Mar 5, 2023
I recently moved to Europe after living my whole life in Latin America. I've been struggling with bulimia and eating disorders, as well as suicide and such issues. Once in France, I searched for help, and I am currently being treated by a psychiatrist at a Mental Health NGO. But honestly, I am doubting about its effectiveness and I don't feel better, I don't feel like I am healing, I don't even feel appreciated there. Sometimes, I feel like the nurses or the doctor herself doesn't believe at what I tell them.
They don't believe that my family didn't know about the vomiting that caused my 110 pound weight loss in a year (yes… I lost that much and nobody noticed it wasn't from a diet, and if they noticed, then they didn't care !). Or they don't believe that I made two big suicide attempts with pills and I didn't finish at a hospital because I told nobody. I feel like they're mean, and cruel, and they don't give a shit about me. Or maybe I am being delusional, and they are nice and comprehensive, but my mind makes me feel the contrary. I don't know, I've been out of this page for a long time bcs I felt it was harming me, but this forum makes me feelsafe, and heard, and understood.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mauve87, Kempel556, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
You deserve to be appreciated. I'm sorry you've been struggling and haven't gotten answers.

Some mental healthcare services are much better than others. There's a chance you got unlucky there, but could receive proper help elsewhere. Good luck.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and TheLakesKrueguer
TheLakesKrueguer

TheLakesKrueguer

Mar 5, 2023
You deserve to be appreciated. I'm sorry you've been struggling and haven't gotten answers.

Some mental healthcare services are much better than others. There's a chance you got unlucky there, but could receive proper help elsewhere. Good luck.
Thanks. This NGO only gives treatment for a month. They """"help"""" you for some time and then they move you to another place. It's a kind of limbo between the Hospital's emergency room and a "real" mental health center, I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
I´m sorry to hear that you are going trough this, the same happened to me when I used to go to the therapist and told him what I felt, he didn´t seem to understand and looked at me like he was tired of listening to me and was just waiting to take a break, it just seems like they never care, because of that I stopped telling them what I truly felt and starting saying that I was better to get trough the appointment faster.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheLakesKrueguer and Praestat_Mori
Mauve87

Mauve87

Aug 30, 2023
I'm in recovery as well and it's a long and exhausting process. From my experience it helps a little to talk with other patients. Maybe you'll meet someone who you can relate to

This site gives me comfort too but It's best to avoid it. Indulging in negative thoughts only makes things worse