• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
We finally received our test strips.
As promised, here is our thread with our test results.
This thread is best viewed in dark-mode due to color formatting of crucial parts of it. We exclusively use dark-mode for everything and cannot be bothered to cater to those that choose to use light-mode.
We loosely followed this guide for testing methodology. We then confirmed all of our math independently multiple times. We included our math.
We used distilled water for the entire test and thoroughly rinsed and dried our mixing spoon between contact with each solution. We initially ran the test with a target concentration of (solution_2) == (0.01mg/ml, 10ppm). We then re-ran the test with a target concentration for (solution_2) of (0.025mg/ml, 25ppm).
Test strip instructions were followed to the best of our ability.
SN TEST 001
[Image_1]: Confirming our syringe measures out 1ml of water with acceptable accuracy. Target weight: 1,000mg; Actual weight: 1,018mg; Accuracy ~2%.
SN TEST 002
[Image_2]: Weighing out SN. Target weight: 1,250mg/1.25g; Actual weight: 1,251mg; Accuracy ~0.01%. Notes: Scale variance is up to 5% according to it's specs. Typically 1% is a reasonable expectation as long as you aren't at either extreme of it's measuring range.
Note: In order to simplify the math to within our ADHD decimated attention span, we will round 1,251mg of SN down to 1,250mg of SN for all math that follows. The additional volume of (solution_2) and (solution_3) as a result of the addition of (solution_1) was not accounted for due to laziness and other measurement inaccuracies being much greater.
SN TEST 003
[Image_3]: ~250ml distilled water measured volumetrically; 1,251mg SN. This is (solution_1)
Note: Cheap measuring cups vary significantly. Should be within 5% of intended volume however we can't be certain. It should be close enough to not significantly impact test results. Ideally, one would use a certified volumetric flask for these measurements or an accurate scale. 1ml of distilled water == 1g. Measuring error in measuring distilled water is where we had the hardest time keeping measurements as precise as we would have liked.
Also in image: 1ml of (solution_1) in syringe.
Math: (1,250mg SN/250ml) == [(5mg/ml*1,000) = 5,000ppm] target for (solution_1)
SN TEST 004
[Image_4]: ~500ml distilled water measured volumetrically. 1ml of (solution_1) added and thoroughly mixed into (solution_2).
Note: Same expected variance in volume of distilled water as (solution_1).
Syringe was rinsed five times in the resulting (solution_2) to ensure all of (solution_1) was transferred from the syringe. This was also done when making (solution_3)
SN TEST 005
[Image_5]: Results of strip test of (solution_2).
Target concentration == [(0.01mg/ml*1000) = 10ppm] for (solution_2)
Math: (1ml of (solution_1) added to (250ml distilled water) == (5mg/500ml) == [(0.01mg/ml*1,000) = 10ppm] target for (solution_2)
SN TEST 006
[Image_6]: Results of test of (solution_3). An additional 1.5ml of (solution_1) was transferred to (solution_2) for a total of 2.5ml of (solution_1) in (solution_2) to form (solution_3).
Target concentration == [0.025mg/ml, 25ppm]
Math: (2.5ml of (solution_1) added to (500ml distilled water) == (12.5mg/500ml) == [(0.025mg/ml*1,000) = 25ppm] target for (solution_3)
Results: Our test results seemingly confirm our sample is indeed fairly high purity SN.
Notes: Test strips are never to be considered highly accurate. There is simply too much variability as the reaction utilized is very sensitive and time is a factor in every step, as is technique for removing excess solution from the strips. It is near impossible to have perfectly repeatable results with test strips.
Test strips are considered a preliminary field test anywhere they are used, and any concerning results in their typical usage is supposed to be confirmed with much more precise lab testing. In their intended usage, these strips would be used to determine which method to use to get nitrites within acceptable range and results verified with more accurate lab testing if a low enough concentration cannot be maintained after intervention. They are very much not intended to be really accurate or used as the only testing method. The greatest variability comes in visually interpreting the results as the included scale uses the exact same pigment in varying densities for the last few thresholds.
In conclusion: We think that MDS/MS SN is a viable source of fairly high purity SN although perhaps a little bit less pure than ideal.
This is ok. If one is concerned about this, simply use 5-10% more SN to be certain the total desired quantity of SN is used. After all, people have accidentally CTB'd from using too much curing salt which is at a low concentration diluted with NaCl.
Lots of people repeat that you need really high purity, but you really don't. High purity is more desirable, but not necessary beyond a certain point as plenty of Sn will still be present in one's final solution. The answer to slightly lower purity is simply to add a little more to make up for it. There is likely an undetermined threshold where a sample would be too impure to consider practical. We are not qualified enough to draw that line.

Note about our SN: It was vacuum sealed, however it did somewhat clump indicating our sample very likely absorbed some moisture from the air prior to being sealed. Being vacuum sealed also compressed the granulated SN further leading to clumping. Given that commercially, the usual storage method for food grade SN is simply a thick paper bag, this is not at all surprising or cause for concern. It does not take much absorbed moisture to cause clumping and SN is hygroscopic, readily absorbing water from the surrounding environment. All clumps were able to be broken up fairly easily using the back of a spoon rubbed back and forth over the sample while in the original vacuum sealed bag with a corner cut to allow air in to allow for space to crumble the sample all the way back to a granulated powder. If the sample had hardened into a solid block losing the distinction of each individual grain, that would have been cause for concern.
Final Notes:
While we are fairly confident we followed testing methodology correctly and got our math right, we highly encourage independent confirmation of our math. We used 1/2 measurements for (solution_1) compared to the example we followed due to lack of another suitable glass/ceramic vessel that could hold 500ml of solution. We are well aware this will have had a minor impact on test accuracy, however it should be minimal compared to inaccuracy of both volumetric measurements as a result of not using certified lab-ware, as well as inaccuracy of test strips and their interpretation in general. All of our math was done accordingly. The foil used in confirming our syringe accuracy, and for measuring out the SN used for this test were not the same. The scale was tared before each measurement.
We hope this info is of use to the forum.
We will be busy disassociating for the rest of today, but will likely check in occasionally.

EDIT:
Due to internal conflict, we have decided we cannot morally share any info on this source than what we have publicly shared. We are very sorry. We are personally walking a very fine line with wanting to recover to not hurt the few people we have came to love and care about, while also struggling with our own situation and suicidal urges that have plagued us since childhood.
All of the info needed to find this source is just a few searches and some sifting away. Our goal in this post and our prior one is to provide assurance that this source seems to be viable to those that have found and chosen to order from them.

Last edited:
Abyssal

Abyssal

Recovered and alive, less suicidal
Nov 26, 2023
Thank you. Hope i get mine soon. I have a fear of needles and sharp edges so a blood test isn't going to be possible unless I bypass a panic attack somehow (and even then) so I'll also do an aquarium test. This helped me feel much more confident.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Broken_alice
motherland

motherland

A tiny penny rolling up the walls inside.
Jul 29, 2023
Thank you thank you thank you for this. I have been fretting about testing as I am cognitively impaired due to my deteriorating chronic illness and severe ADHD. I understand you not wishing to share the source past the acronym, but i am going to PM you if that's okay, as I believe it to be the same source I obtained my vacuum bag sealed product in, and would like as much confirmation as possible. Thanks again

D

DarkShadows

-
Dec 21, 2023
Interesting. The SN I have is like snow; has a fluffy/light texture. Looks different to yours. There were some clumps including a rock solid one. My SN is from a different source but I'm considering ordering from MDS as a backup.

Last edited:
K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
Thanks for this. I got mine about 2 days ago and probably not going to bother testing. It's packaged the same way and is pretty solid which made me concerned about the said moisture.

Reactions: stuckinthemud
reiII

reiII

maybe there's something more
Dec 5, 2023
thank you for all your hard work ^_^ this is very informative and i think im going to purchase from here

_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
Thanks for this. I got mine about 2 days ago and probably not going to bother testing. It's packaged the same way and is pretty solid which made me concerned about the said moisture.
Any moisture content would be extremely low. We theorized that our sample may have absorbed tiny amounts of moisture from the air just because how it clumped together. It is not a concern at all. It's not like it got wet and dissolved, the granules just happened to stick to each other. To break them apart, we cut a tiny notch in a corner of the packet to break the vacuum seal and ran the bottom of a spoon over it to break it up.
Interesting. The SN I have is like snow; has a fluffy/light texture. Looks different to yours. There were some clumps including a rock solid one. My SN is from a different source but I'm considering ordering from MDS as a backup.

That does not sound right. Check the wikipedia page and compare visually to their sample image. It should be granular just like salt, but with a slight yellow tinge to it. The yellow becomes much more intense if you shine a light through it.

• Informative
Reactions: penguinl0v3s
M

mmmmn

Jan 12, 2024
Hey, did anyone check purity of sn from MDS lately? I don't have the straps but want to be sure, the source showed me certificate of purity but it's always better to double check

doomedtolive

doomedtolive

I love so many things, but not myself
Dec 9, 2023
has anyone in America ordered from this source? What happened? I'm worried about customs and or getting someone sent to my house.

Reactions: restless.dreams
U

Umacon

Jan 20, 2024
My SN which is lab grade 99%, came in a plastic bottle and when I shake it seems to be clumpy with something like rocks in it. I hope to be OK though

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
Hey, did anyone check purity of sn from MDS lately? I don't have the straps but want to be sure, the source showed me certificate of purity but it's always better to double check
Literally from this post.
"In conclusion: We think that MDS/MS SN is a viable source of fairly high purity SN although perhaps a little bit less pure than ideal.
This is ok."

this post is testing SN from MDS.
has anyone in America ordered from this source? What happened? I'm worried about customs and or getting someone sent to my house.
there's several threads of several of us who ordered from them to the US and have gotten our orders. I think one was commented on as recently as yesterday if I recall. I made several replies to posts with my own experience up to what I'm comfortable sharing.

nothing has happened to any of us if memory serves. shipping is slow because Ukraine is still not in a great spot, and it comes by boat, not plane, so it takes a while. but yes, please look for the multiple active threads about mds

Anyways! Thank you for beating me to testing, Alice! I'm still out of work so I hadn't been able to buy the stuff yet. I appreciate how thorough you were in testing especially much, I know I don't have the attention span to go to this level of detail.
Hats off to you!

Hopefully this lessens the massive amounts of "should I order from them?????" threads

Last edited:
D

Daylight

Feb 13, 2024
Glad to hear that you received your package. I've been having trouble finding a source myself. Are you able to pm me your source? Thanks