L

lethargic

Jul 14, 2023
Anyone else suffer from this? It's like daily variation for me at this point. I felt pretty ecstatic, energetic yesterday, thinking about this new car I want to and can buy and everything seemed just fine. Today it's like the exact opposite, I randomly get bombarded with thoughts such as I fucked up my youth, my childhood has permanently set me back, things only get worse as you age etc.

And then ultimately I start conceptualising the future. Imagine wageslaving your entire life, accumulating an impressive amount of wealth only to... give it away to the government, because you have no children. Incredible. What the fuck man.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: slumberinflowers, fwompie and western_heart
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
What car do you want?

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
how much time do you spend on screens?

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
Something my therapist has told me which might help is giving your depressing thoughts a name and a different voice. Once you get those thoughts you repeat it in a mocking tone and tell it to fuck off. In the end those thoughts don't have to matter. You just exist so might as well do some stuff you want.

It only works for me when I'm alread feeling kinda good, can always try it out to see if it works for you!

I also get pretty bad moodswings, it's tiring and confusing. I feel ya.

• Love
Reactions: slumberinflowers and lethargic