S

sfabians

Student
Nov 7, 2021
"Dubai: A 30-year-old Pakistani expat who works in Saudi Arabia narrowly survived after trying to ctb by eating cement.
The Asian worker had swallowed a cement mixture that hardened inside his guts, which led to a complete blockage in the stomach."

"He suffered severe pains in his abdomen."

"After a 3-hour operation, surgeons saved the man's life."

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: RainAndSadness, Life sucks, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
The link isn't working for me for some reason. But that's hardcore.

Reactions: Life sucks, MeltedJello, Idontrecognizemyself and 2 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Really puts our situation into perspective. Complaining about how bitter SN/N tastes. Maybe we are just too spoiled with our options. It is pretty clear that if you want to die there will be discomfort in it, no matter the method.

This man has some balls that is for sure. When I read about people stuffing rocks into their pockets and walking into the sea or jumping into a vat of molten steel, I think these people are fucking badass. I wish I had the willpower to do something like that. Maybe I am just a weirdo for thinking this way.

Reactions: puppet_nihilist, Life sucks, Seiba and 11 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Really puts our situation into perspective. Complaining about how bitter SN/N tastes. Maybe we are just too spoiled with our options. It is pretty clear that if you want to die there will be discomfort in it, no matter the method.

This man has some balls that is for sure. When I read about people stuffing rocks into their pockets and walking into the sea or jumping into a vat of molten steel, I think these people are fucking badass. I wish I had the willpower to do something like that. Maybe I am just a weirdo for thinking this way.
When I was in the mental hospital I slightly befriended this guy who tried to slit his own throat. It was a massive, brutal scar running from his jaw across his throat. It wasn't a thin mark, it was such a broad scar it was like he tried to do it with a bowie knife or something. I respected his strength to be able to try something like that. I respect it when people try to take some scary way out.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks, Seiba, demuic and 4 others
Death is beautiful

Death is beautiful

Warlock
May 20, 2021

I agree with you, it's hard to imagine what leads people to such painful methods, I think they do it impulsively

Reactions: Life sucks, demuic, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 1 other person
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
When I was in the mental hospital I slightly befriended this guy who tried to slit his own throat. It was a massive, brutal scar running from his jaw across his throat. It wasn't a thin mark, it was such a broad scar it was like he tried to do it with a bowie knife or something. I respected his strength to be able to try something like that. I respect it when people try to take some scary way out.

That sounds brutal. This is what happens when information and access to humane methods are restricted. Suicide prevention is just pro suffering.

I agree with you, it's hard to imagine what leads people to such painful methods, I think they do it impulsively

They are forced into these harrowing situations. I can't speak on behalf of them or know exactly what they were going through but it is pretty clear that they felt trapped with no other options. This is why pro lifers piss me off. Because of their misguided and frankly condescending efforts to keep everyone alive at all costs, people are forced to end their lives in agonizing and brutal ways.

Reactions: Life sucks, rationaltake, demuic and 4 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I'm still waiting for my delivery of cement. Beginning to think l used the wrong email address but l couldn't download the ppeh and l got desperate, now I'm beginning to think the user "cement4u" was scamming me all along, which is annoying because I've been taking my anti-emetics for five days now.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Shadowplay, rationaltake, Idontrecognizemyself and 7 others
Auto Immunity After

Auto Immunity After

LOOKING FOR THE CURE FOR AUTO IMMUNE
Jul 20, 2021
I'm still waiting for my delivery of cement. Beginning to think l used the wrong email address but l couldn't download the ppeh and l got desperate, now I'm beginning to think the user "cement4u" was scamming me all along, which is annoying because I've been taking my anti-emetics for five days now.
you are hilarious. I have never heard the word "dickhead" used so many times in one day.......ha

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Goddamn. Did he come with a trigger warning label? Would definitely get him a turtleneck for Christmas.

D

D2021

Looking for info
Oct 28, 2021

I agree and disagree. 100% for effort but like you said it's the part of the world he is from. The mentality is different if he was over here and had other options he would probably think the same.

justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
Pakistani expats who work in Saudi Arabia are usually construction workers. They are practically slaves in every way except name. He probably had mental breakdown on the job, and got whatever was close to him.

• Aww..
Reactions: Life sucks, tryingtoescape, anaschariac and 3 others
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
Pakistani expats who work in Saudi Arabia are usually construction workers. They are practically slaves in every way except name. He probably had mental breakdown on the job, and got whatever was close to him.
I see myself like that in the future, working 8 hours a day for 200 dollars a month, thank you so fucking mum and dad I've never been so satisfied

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks, Brick In The Wall, demuic and 1 other person
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
How dreadful! I can only imagine the utter despair that poor man felt, trying to ctb in this way. And the irony of being saved after a three-hour surgery is too much…

I dream of a world where peaceful, painless suicide methods are available for everyone. Some dream of glory, some dream of love, some dream of wealth.

I dream of an easy, dignified exit for everyone who wishes to end their life.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Life sucks, Brick In The Wall, tryingtoescape and 4 others
ascetic_

ascetic_

Metaphysically Homeless
Aug 28, 2021
I consider it juvenile to view someone's suicide attempt as "hardcore" or "badass" - it's neither.

It's an indication that someone was so out of their mind with despair and desperation that they were willing to take any measures necessary to escape their personal hell.

Reactions: Life sucks, Brick In The Wall, tryingtoescape and 5 others
Idontrecognizemyself

Idontrecognizemyself

Thank you for listening
Oct 26, 2021
Suicide prevention is just pro suffering
👏SUICIDE👏 PREVENTION👏IS👏JUST👏PRO👏SUFFERING👏

And this is the case with any conversations where "harm reduction" or "bodily autonomy" come up. It is dehumanizing to be treated as a statistic that can be fixed or improved. We each know our own reality better than anyone else ever will, we deserve to be treated with the dignity to make our own decisions. I wholeheartedly believe that increased access to and a destigmatizing end of life options would save more lives in the long run- prolifers really shooting themselves in the foot right now 🙄🤢

Reactions: Life sucks, Brick In The Wall, tryingtoescape and 2 others
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
Little bit more than 2000 years there was one guy from the roman empire, that had been killed while filled trough his mouth with melted gold. Cement is good for bodies, entire bodies, not parts.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
"Dubai: A 30-year-old Pakistani expat who works in Saudi Arabia narrowly survived after trying to ctb by eating cement.
The Asian worker had swallowed a cement mixture that hardened inside his guts, which led to a complete blockage in the stomach."

"He suffered severe pains in his abdomen."

"After a 3-hour operation, surgeons saved the man's life."
How "disappointing" for the guy to "wake up" repeatedly being "saved" from discomfort,

Again. Suicide needs to be legalized by peaceful measures and widely available. It is not amoral. It is not wrong.

• Love
Reactions: RainAndSadness, Life sucks, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I feel really bad for the expatriate workers in my country. They are treated like slaves. This person will likely not have a good life anytime soon after being treated they will go back to the same hellish conditions that led them to ctb in first place.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and anaschariac
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
Thats fucking insane. I don't even know how someone would be able to continue living with the damage they did to their body after that.

Just brutal.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
The level of despair and hopelessness this individual must've been feeling is heartbreaking.

Reactions: LONE WOLF., Life sucks and Death is beautiful