• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

KnightOfEnceladus

KnightOfEnceladus

Lost child in time
May 20, 2019
@Darkhaven: the idea of heaven and hell is Zoroastrian actually, or at least the idea the Abrahamic religions have of it is.

During the Babylonian Exile, the Jewish elite essentially ate Zoroastrianism whole, and post-exilic Judaism more or less is Zoroastrianiam by another name. Before the Exile, the Jews (like other ANE peoples including their ancestors the Sumerians and Canaanites) believed everyone just went to a nondescript underworld, "Sheol" in Hebrew, where there was no active reward or punishment.

It's the Zoroastrian scriptures, the Avesta and the Gathas and so forth, that introduced the idea of eschatology, judgment in the afterlife, the final battle between good and evil, and the triumph of good over evil. Notably, Ahura Mazda ("God") is said to melt all the metal in the earth's crust, which would sweep over the entire world and down into Worst Existence ("Hell"), thereby annihilating all evildoers and Angra Mainyu ("the Devil") at the end of history. Compare this to the passage in Revelation about the elements melting with "fervent heat," and the other one comparing God's wrath to a refiner's fire or fuller's soap.

Based on research and experience, I believe no religion has it entirely right but that the less-dogmatic Buddhists are the closest. Reincarnation does seem to be real, but also not something we should do, and there may or may not be something to the hypothesis that some powerful and unfriendly beings want us to reincarnate for whatever reason.

In any case, I believe the Tibetan Book of the Dead's general advice that everything you see after death, good or bad, is the product of your own mind, is sound. Refuse to reincarnate. Understand existentially that all conditioned phenomena--that's everything aside from The Source/The Absolute/God--are as empty and contingent as a soap bubble, and let yourself dissolve back into It. If you are dead, be serious about it!

Reactions: Temporarilyabsurd and Darkhaven
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I have no idea with what comes after death, and that scares me. I know people have different view points of what happens after, but I'd love to hear what other people think.

My date to ctb is coming up next month and I know I need to start thinking about what could possibly happen.
What is your method?

omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
when i die i'll try my best to come back as a ghost, login to this forum and let everyone know.

Last edited:
Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
Your brain stops functioning and you're gone.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, TenHas, Alan James and 1 other person