C

cease

Feb 27, 2020
I've been considering catching the bus for a long time- been seriously considering for the past few months. I haven't set a date yet but I think I'm almost ready.

I've started making a to-do list of things that I'll need to take care of first. This is a rough draft:
-Deep-clean my room and bathroom,
-Set money aside to cover my share of rent (as to not fuck my roommates over)
-Get rid of belongings that I won't need between now and then+things I don't want my roommates to find
-Write a note+will+personal letters to the handful of folks I care about

Do any of you have a to-do list? What's on your's? Any recommendations on things I should add?

• Love
Reactions: Kbeau, wordsonscreen, TAW122 and 4 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
That's very responsible of you. My list is quite similar. I want to clean up my room and throw away/box up my belongings beforehand so I don't leave people with a huge mess to sort through....I also have a few items I don't want found as well

• Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen, itsamadworld, littlemisssunshine and 1 other person
C

cease

Feb 27, 2020
That's very responsible of you. My list is quite similar. I want to clean up my room and throw away/box up my belongings beforehand so I don't leave people with a huge mess to sort through....I also have a few items I don't want found as well

Have you thought about your legal documents (ss card, birth cert, ID)? I don't really know if it's important to leave those some place visible or if I should shred them or if it even matters.

EDIT- "if it even matters" isn't a tongue-in-cheek nothing matters statement. Just to be clear, lol. I just don't know if those documents would be important for whoever deals with my body when it's said and done.

Last edited:
Reactions: wordsonscreen and itsamadworld
itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
First, I ordered a living will online. I should receive it soon. Then it will need to be signed by a several witnesses, and notarized to make it legal. Second, I filled out my Advanced Directive. That is just stating that while I was in a sound mind, I wish to not be kept alive by medical intervention/intubations/extrenous means. Third, I purchased my SN. Fourth, I need to somehow get a good antiemetic. Fifth, I still might decide to ctb with a revolver. My mombie took my revolver after my divorce, I attempted suicide several different ways, and ended up in a bad way! Point is, that buzzword won't return my special 38! I hope to purchase another, though I could use my pistol, but I'm more accurate with a revolver. Sixth, I've begun to write my notes and get my house in order....but that's a continuous process thru my life...

Reactions: wordsonscreen and cease
oneofthoseyoudontwan

oneofthoseyoudontwan

Life has no meaning if you can't feel love
Mar 7, 2020
Buying SN
Write some letters
Wait till nobody is at home
Try to ctb

Reactions: wordsonscreen, cease and itsamadworld
C

cease

Feb 27, 2020
First, I ordered a living will online. I should receive it soon. Then it will need to be signed by a several witnesses, and notarized to make it legal. Second, I filled out my Advanced Directive. That is just stating that while I was in a sound mind, I wish to not be kept alive by medical intervention/intubations/extrenous means. Third, I purchased my SN. Fourth, I need to somehow get a good antiemetic. Fifth, I still might decide to ctb with a revolver. My mombie took my revolver after my divorce, I attempted suicide several different ways, and ended up in a bad way! Point is, that buzzword won't return my special 38! I hope to purchase another, though I could use my pistol, but I'm more accurate with a revolver. Sixth, I've begun to write my notes and get my house in order....but that's a continuous process thru my life...

What's your plan to get witnesses to sign a living will? My peers all know I'm in a bad place currently so there's no way I could ask folks to sign a living will without getting myself institutionalised. What's an SN? I'm not worried about an antimetic as I'm planning on hanging, night-night, or jumping.

EDIT- brainfart. I know what SN means, context made my brain think it was some kind of legal document.

Last edited:
Reactions: MissKatrina
Lutembëe

Lutembëe

Student
Feb 19, 2020
- Deep clean my flat
- Get rid of my useless belongings
- Fill a DNR and put it on the National Security site
- Sort my emails
- Delete all my messages and photos on whatsapp and others
- Sort my publications on social networks
- Make a list of people to contact after my death.
- Make a list of all my bank levies so it's easier
- Make a letter to my parents and boyfriend
- Leave a contact to close my bank accounts and landlord accounts for the apartment.
- Leave instructions for the rest of my stuff and say I want to be cremated.
- Send the databases for my scientific articles so as not to penalize my thesis directors.
- Leave passwords for my computer, phone and social networks

• Love
Reactions: Kbeau, wordsonscreen, _Minsk and 3 others
Lutembëe

Lutembëe

Student
Feb 19, 2020
This is the only one that doesn't make sense to me. What's your reasoning?
I'm obviously going to clean up my history, I'm on this site in private mode. But I want my friends and so to know that I'm dead. And I find it's easier if a message is left on my Facebook account or on Whatsapp if someone sends me a message.

Reactions: itsamadworld and cease
itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
What's your plan to get witnesses to sign a living will? My peers all know I'm in a bad place currently so there's no way I could ask folks to sign a living will without getting myself institutionalised. What's an SN? I'm not worried about an antimetic as I'm planning on hanging, night-night, or jumping.

EDIT- brainfart. I know what SN means, context made my brain think it was some kind of legal document.
My friends and family know that I am suicidal. But I play it off under the guise of being responsible. However, it's been about 2 years since my last attempt...so the waters have settled. I am going to pick my ex and one of my siblings.

Reactions: cease
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
This is a free simple site to document your wishes.
Store all important documents, Some need witnessing, some need a notary.
Appoint who you want to take charge.
Make your wishes known, music, food, OR nothing.
Share your information with the one/s person you trust.
https://www.joincake.com/

Cake

• Love
Reactions: cease and itsamadworld
littlemisssunshine

littlemisssunshine

Feb 19, 2020
-sort my son and make sure he is settled/happy
-write goodbye notes
-get rid of as many belongings as possible before hand
-get rid of anything personal I don't want people sifting through. Cards, letters, documents, texts, emails, photos.

Reactions: cease
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I have my own to-do list of the things I want to do before I ctb. As for my list, some of the things include:

-making peace with others (but I'm really really careful on how I will go about this as to not tip off anyone)
-making sure I have everything ready WAY beforehand so that all I have to do is just send the notes, letters, emails, and what not and then ctb soon after.
-enjoying the last bit of any remaining hobbies I have left before I check out (might as well have some fun before everything ends right?)
-preparing my courage, overriding my SI so when the time comes, I would have the least amount of resistance when attempting.
-(preferably, if opportunity and logistics permit) move out of my parents' place to ctb. I always had this in mind because I would want to avoid having my parents or any loved ones find my body when my bus comes.
-(optional) have a good last meal/supper if opportunity allows.

In short, I would never risk anything that could put my attempt or ctb in jeopardy, even if it means that I have an unpleasant time in my remaining days/hours or whatnot. This is because I care about succeeding in my attempt when I want to go. When I want to go, I don't want to mess up and deal with the failure afterwards, I want to absolutely succeed and end my suffering, even if it means I must be a bit inconvenient (after all, once I'm dead, I can't feel pain anymore).

Anyways, those are just some of the things on my todo list, feel free to reference it or take some ideas from it if you find it useful.

Reactions: Mooshi, cease and littlemisssunshine
Genetics

Genetics

Apr 8, 2020
I've been considering catching the bus for a long time- been seriously considering for the past few months. I haven't set a date yet but I think I'm almost ready.

I've started making a to-do list of things that I'll need to take care of first. This is a rough draft:
-Deep-clean my room and bathroom,
-Set money aside to cover my share of rent (as to not fuck my roommates over)
-Get rid of belongings that I won't need between now and then+things I don't want my roommates to find
-Write a note+will+personal letters to the handful of folks I care about

Do any of you have a to-do list? What's on your's? Any recommendations on things I should add?
The getting rid of stuff is a key sign to prepping to catch the bus.

I've been doing some "spring cleaning" every 3 months. I just go through everything, toss out what I haven't used or touched in the past 3 months. I made a living will and a living trust and discussed both with my husband and daughter. Giving me the opportunity to ask my daughter if there was anything specific she wanted when I died (wedding rings, etc). She couldn't think at the time and said everything (she's a size 0, I'm a size 12 so maybe not clothes). So I made a deal with her. Every time I go through stuff to toss I will contact her with the list of items and if she wants any I will put in a box in the closet of our guest room. I thought I was pretty smooth with that.

Mine is more like pick a method, wait 11 more years, do the note and letters and cbt. I'm catching that late bus!

Reactions: wordsonscreen and cease
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Great ideas here!

K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
- Deep clean my flat
- Get rid of my useless belongings
- Fill a DNR and put it on the National Security site
- Sort my emails
- Delete all my messages and photos on whatsapp and others
- Sort my publications on social networks
- Make a list of people to contact after my death.
- Make a list of all my bank levies so it's easier
- Make a letter to my parents and boyfriend
- Leave a contact to close my bank accounts and landlord accounts for the apartment.
- Leave instructions for the rest of my stuff and say I want to be cremated.
- Send the databases for my scientific articles so as not to penalize my thesis directors.
- Leave passwords for my computer, phone and social networks
Wow! You are covering everything.

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Except for his/her final tax return!

• Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen and Kbeau
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Book a hotel, write out all log in info for bills, buy a beer.