willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I got bought 360 400mg tablets of Magnesium Glycinate. The bottle even breaks it down for you and says there are 60mg of absorbable magnesium in each tablet. Assuming 20,000mg would be enough to kill you, that would be even more than enough. I'm going to be fasting today in preparation, and dehydrating myself a bit however I am doing things today so I will not be able to avoid liquids completely. I'll probably take them tonight, if not it will be in the morning. If this doesn't kill me then at least it will be a good bowel cleanse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
A magnesium overdose can kill you?

Wasn't aware of that, sounds risky ?

As you say at least your bowels would get a good cleanse!

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
A magnesium overdose can kill you?

Wasn't aware of that, sounds risky ?

As you say at least your bowels would get a good cleanse!
At very high blood concentrations it can lead to cardiac and respiratory arrest.
My indicators that it is starting to work will be a low heart rate and loss of the patellar jerk reflex. Neither of those occurred when I tried this last time in a smaller dose with a less absorbable form of magnesium. When or if I notice those things I know I'll be headed in the right direction.

Last edited:
D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
I don't think it'll work as kidneys excrete extra Mg unless they're impaired?

Reactions: ThymeToLeave
willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
I don't think it'll work as kidneys excrete extra Mg unless they're impaired?
That's why I'm dehydrating/not eating, to reduce my bodies ability to be able to get rid of it. While I am doing this in hopes of dying, this is also more of a self harm attempt that I truly hope will kill me more than anything. I'll most likely take a bottle of laxatives tonight with limited water in order to start cleaning my bowels out in order to reduce the amount that can be excreted through stool, and when I take the pills I will give myself a very limited allowance of water to take them with. I'm also going to severely limit my water intake today all in preparation for not allowing my body to excrete it. If it doesn't work it doesn't work. If it does then lucky me.

D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
That's why I'm dehydrating/not eating, to reduce my bodies ability to be able to get rid of it. While I am doing this in hopes of dying, this is also more of a self harm attempt that I truly hope will kill me more than anything. I'll most likely take a bottle of laxatives tonight with limited water in order to start cleaning my bowels out in order to reduce the amount that can be excreted through stool, and when I take the pills I will give myself a very limited allowance of water to take them with. I'm also going to severely limit my water intake today all in preparation for not allowing my body to excrete it. If it doesn't work it doesn't work. If it does then lucky me.
Oh i see. I wish you luck, keep us updated if you can :)

R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
Sounds like you've done your homework.
Hope you find a quiet place where you can be comfortable for a while as this seems like a bit of a slow process, and metabolizing the substance is important.
Sorry it's come to this and sending you lots of support, no matter what your choices are. Speedy journey to you, and thanks for sharing yourself with us. We'll miss you. :heart:

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best of luck in your plans.

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
So far today I've consumed about 20oz of liquid. I had a small energy drink and some ice chips with crystal lite powder on them. I won't be home for a few more hours but am trying to avoid having anything else to drink until then so I can save my last bit of liquid for taking the laxatives. I am obviously becoming dehydrated, with chapped lips, very little urine output, and my heart rate is starting to creep up. All good signs as far as preparation goes.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
I just took two times the maximum dose of laxatives with only 8 ounces of water. Hopefully I'll start the clean out process throughout the night so that there will be minimal left for the big ordeal tomorrow.

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
I got probably about 3/4 of the way through the bowel cleanse overnight. I've just started taking the magnesium. I'm taking them one by one since I'm trying to avoid water. I'm about 40/330 in so far.

Reactions: SVEN
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023

its hard to say what effect high dose glycine will have. In the comments on reddit, a petri dish brain slice study (very different from a human study) noted it messes with glutamate, which is the opposite of what the magnesium is doing with gaba basically. Its like a seesaw, gaba and glutamate cant be up at the same time.

i dont really know what will happen but if you start to feel kinda wired or stimulated that might be kicking in. I think youre taking 100g of glycine and studies said up to 60g / day was safe. Its also unknown how that will affect absorbtion of the mg, it might not at all. No idea. Maybe alot of that glycine wont absorb. Mg by itself at higher doses is just very lethargic and low dopamine depression. Glutamate is linked to high dopamine.

You might consider multiform mg, substitute in some mg citrate, oxide, malate, chloride, to not overdo the glycine. Even too much of the chloride is bad, its called chlorinemia. Id guess oxide is the only inert one. Based on my reading they all absorb fairly poorly, like 20% or so.

Last edited: