• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
This is only a theory, but from what I've gathered, the shortness of breath from SN is from lactic acid build up in the blood.

The lactic acid is caused by the methemoglobin not being able to transport carbon dioxide out of the blood. I wrote another thread on this:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/methemoglobin-cannot-carry-oxygen-nor-carbon-dioxide.107396/

However, baking soda or magnesium supplements make the blood more alkaline and many athletes use them so they don't get so easily fatigued have more endurance. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5622706/
Wouldn't this work the same with SN for those worried about shortness of breath? Taking them for a whole week before ctb perhaps.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That's really interesting. Thanks for posting it. It is the main thing I'm worrying about with SN. I know feeling breathless tends to make me panic.

I have heard with the inert gas method that it's the build up of carbon dioxide that makes you panic rather than the lack of oxygen. Still- that's breathing rather than internal. Maybe it's similar for drowning though.

I just don't know enough about biology/chemistry with the SN method. The tachycardia makes sense- because the heart must be trying to compensate for the lack of oxygen bring supplied to the tissue and organs by pumping faster.

Still- I would have thought the difficulty in getting enough breath would come about as a lack of oxygen rather than a build up of carbon dioxide. I don't know though. It's an interesting idea.

I've bought a small canister of oxygen off of Amazon and a nassal cannular- in case I vomit. I don't know if it will help but I thought it might make me more comfortable. I bought one to test after doing exercise and I think I do recover quicker using it... Plus, doesn't oxygen make you high?!! I can't see it interfering with the process itself as it's a chemical, internal asphyxiation rather than suffocation.

Still- I like your thinking. Anything to reduce that feeling of breathlessness would be good. Odd- because some people with failed attempts seem to have more scary experiences than others regarding this.

Reactions: littlelady774
H

hapiniuier

Jan 1, 2023

It is shown that sodium bicarbonate effectively protects the organism from toxical action of sodium nitrite. Administration of this drug promotes the increase of the lifetime of animals under intoxication with lethal doses of sodium nitrite. The preliminary administration of sodium bicarbonate permits one to decrease the level of methemoglobin in the blood under intoxication with sublethal doses of sodium nitrite, to normalize activity of the basic enzymes of antioxidant protection--superoxide dismutase, catalase glutathione reductase as well as the total activity of dehydrogenases of pentose phosphate way. Under the protection with sodium bicarbonate the level of lipid peroxidation in erythrocytes decreases, the increment of content of the restored glutathione in response to sodium nitrite intoxication decreases.

Tl;dr: a terrible idea, might as well use methylene blue while you're at it.

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018

It is shown that sodium bicarbonate effectively protects the organism from toxical action of sodium nitrite. Administration of this drug promotes the increase of the lifetime of animals under intoxication with lethal doses of sodium nitrite. The preliminary administration of sodium bicarbonate permits one to decrease the level of methemoglobin in the blood under intoxication with sublethal doses of sodium nitrite, to normalize activity of the basic enzymes of antioxidant protection--superoxide dismutase, catalase glutathione reductase as well as the total activity of dehydrogenases of pentose phosphate way. Under the protection with sodium bicarbonate the level of lipid peroxidation in erythrocytes decreases, the increment of content of the restored glutathione in response to sodium nitrite intoxication decreases.

Tl;dr: a terrible idea, might as well use methylene blue while you're at it.
Shoot, thought I was onto something. Maybe just magnesium then? It help neutralizes the blood from acid buildup

Reactions: Jarni
D

Damnation

Jan 17, 2023
I read somewhere that you fall unconscious from SN within 12 minutes, even less with sedatives. I don't know if that's accurate but it doesn't seem like you'd have to endure breathlessness for very long. Does anyone know how fast the breathlessness kicks in, and how fast people typically fall unconscious?

intelcorei2duo

intelcorei2duo

Jan 13, 2023
Shoot, thought I was onto something. Maybe just magnesium then? It help neutralizes the blood from acid buildup
Magnesium in its pure form is a highly reactive metal used in pyrotechnics. For acid neutralization purposes magnesium used in its salt form, MgSO for example have application in medicine in induction of narcosis cant exactly remember the purpose kinda for patient immobilization because it relaxes the muscles. in large amounts administered IV it causes respiratory paralysis and heart block, a condition known as hypermagnesemia. Consuming it in large amounts orally gives only purgative effect.

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
I read somewhere that you fall unconscious from SN within 12 minutes, even less with sedatives. I don't know if that's accurate but it doesn't seem like you'd have to endure breathlessness for very long. Does anyone know how fast the breathlessness kicks in, and how fast people typically fall unconscious?
According to this website: https://emcrit.org/ibcc/methemoglobinemia/

At levels between 20 and 30%, shortness of breath and fast heartbeat start

• 20-30%: Moderate symptoms.
    • Fatigue, tachypnea, dyspnea, tachycardia.
    • Anxiety, dizziness, confusion.
    • Nausea, vomiting."
>40% you might pass out
Magnesium in its pure form is a highly reactive metal used in pyrotechnics. For acid neutralization purposes magnesium used in its salt form, MgSO for example have application in medicine in induction of narcosis cant exactly remember the purpose kinda for patient immobilization because it relaxes the muscles. in large amounts administered IV it causes respiratory paralysis and heart block, a condition known as hypermagnesemia. Consuming it in large amounts orally gives only purgative effect.
Well, I'm saying athletes take magnesium supplements to prevent the feeling of exercise intolerance (shortness of breath, fast heartbeat) Because it neutralizes the pH in the blood ,and that could maybe help with SN and lactic acid buildup

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarni
D

Dubito

Student
Nov 5, 2022
It would be nice, if we could practice enduring the symptoms beforehand. But it would not be the same like when you actually kill yourself.