• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Anyone know where I can find suitable helium (or nitrogen) delivered in Belgium? (And maybe a regulator, although Chabot says it's not really needed.)

I prefer helium, because that's what Boudewijn Chabot adivises in Uitweg (Dignified dying). I've got the 15th edition, revised in August 2022 in which he talks about helium that is used for balloons, specifically 2 helium tanks of 23L which each contain 420L compressed helium. One can be used to practice and then both can be used to ctb. (He also warns about the percentage, because in 2015 Worthington Inc, a US supplier, said they would thin helium with oxygen, so it could not be used to ctb anymore.)

So, first thing I did was to follow his advise and search for helium meant for balloons. Found a shop that delivers nearby and ordered this one - as a test -

PXL 20240629 121111229

It's 13L and PW27, so 351L of compressed helium. The (balloon) valve can be taken off very easily and replaced with a 'slangpilaar' to connect the tube. Problem is: I don't think this is enough (buyer reviews saying they could not fill 50 balloons) and although the site says it's 99% helium, there's no confirmation on the tank or the box it came with. The tank is disposable BTW.

Then, guided by a picture posted here by a fellow Belgian, I stumbled on another website (for professionals). They sell helium for balloons, but also for welders, and other gasses like nitrogen. I created an an account there (no BTW nummer was asked) and got access to the webshop where I found this:

Helium Technical Grade - 20 litre Steel Cylinder (200 bar)
Product Code: *****
Helium Technical grade 4.6 (99.996%). An inert gas, Helium is used for lifting (airships and balloons), as well as for leak detection, optical fibre production. As a weld process gas it meets the requirements of I2 according to ISO14175 and is used in laser welding amongst other weld processes. Supplied in a 20 litre steel cylinder at 200 bar.

They offer it in 10L/20L/50L. There's a safety sheet, but I can not find a PW value or how many L compressed helium it is. Another problem, 50L (300 bar) costs 291,85 euro, but the price is EXCL BTW, so I'm guessing only professionals can buy there and I'd need that BTW nummer after all. I could call and mail them and ask, but I wouldn't know what to say. Also, they don't sell the tanks; you have to hire them (around 0,50 euro/day). If I would use them to ctb, then my relatives will be confronted by the fact that someone will have to return the tank. This bothers me.

So I don't think this will be the one. (?) So still looking for helium (and maybe a regulator)...

H

heavenplzhelp77

May 25, 2024
What about the flow rate? I'm following the same video of that dutch doctor where they don't use a regulator which is definitely not necessary because the pressure is not high and is adjustable with the valve but we still need to know the right flow rate (with a flowmeter or some other way) is it 15lpm or 10 litters per minute or maybe more?! I might be able to help u out with finding the helium so PM me about it

Upvote 0
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
What about the flow rate? I'm following the same video of that dutch doctor where they don't use a regulator which is definitely not necessary because the pressure is not high and is adjustable with the valve but we still need to know the right flow rate (with a flowmeter or some other way) is it 15lpm or 10 litters per minute or maybe more?! I might be able to help u out with finding the helium so PM me about it
I already found 2 suppliers of helium 100% (and nitrogen), but they rent it in cilinders under high pressure. The forum has taught me I will actually need a regulator because of this pressure. PPH says we use DIN 477 regulators in Europe. But it's not clear to me because most show psi, but not lpm. I think argon regulators can be used for helium as well, but I'm not sure.

As for flow: PPH states 15 lpm if you're using a self-made exit bag and 25 lpm if you're using a hood like 3M Versaflo.

So far, I have almost everything. Helium/nitrogen needs to be ordered and a regulator (if I can find out which).

Upvote 0
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
So I've taken a better look at one of the suppliers and it appears they have what I'm looking for. (I switched from helium to nitrogen, 200 bar.)

They also sell regulators (GCE Pro control Argon/CO2, tube fitting 6-9mm).

The regulator can also be bought at a know online webshop.

As I understand it: when using an Argon regulator on nitrogen flow should be 17 lpm instead of 15 lpm?

Upvote 0