• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

Smith Winston

Jan 13, 2024
Hi,

I have an EEBD hood and a hose from a medical oxygen mask. This I have already assembled together.
I've figured out where to source a ten litre nitrogen cylinder and a regulator that works for Argon, safety / shield gases Argon/Helium/Nitrogen are compatible with regulators.
10 litres of Nitrogen in a tank equates to about 6.9 cubic metres. What I'm not sure of is do I really need a flow meter in addition to the regulator?
The regulator has two gauges, one for the tank pressure and the second for the output pressure. It is pressure in bars, adjustable. It isn't litres per minute.
My thinking is that if the output pressure is kept at say, 1 bar, then it would be effective rather than complicating matters with an additional flow meter?
Can anybody share a set up? I've been researching and trying to find a definite setup. I'm not concerned with the mask side. Just the regulator arrangement.
Thanks

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Hi,

I have an EEBD hood and a hose from a medical oxygen mask.
Did that EEBD hood not already have a hose? People usually recommend an EEBD hood with an exhalation valve on them, with a hose coming from that.

The regulator has two gauges, one for the tank pressure and the second for the output pressure. It is pressure in bars, adjustable. It isn't litres per minute.
My thinking is that if the output pressure is kept at say, 1 bar, then it would be effective rather than complicating matters with an additional flow meter?
When it comes to how much gasflow going into the hood/exit bag when someone uses a regulator, the PPeH recommends 15lpm for an exit bag with nitrogen, and 25lpm for the helmet and hood it mentioned.

So people on this site have usually stuck to between 15-25lpm if they used a regulator.
As regards going by pressure alone, I honestly don't know. As long as you were sure there was enough gas flow going into the hood then I guess you could. But by using LPM, and working out how many compressed gas litres are in your cylinder, you can work out roughly how long the gas will last.

Can anybody share a set up? I've been researching and trying to find a definite setup. I'm not concerned with the mask side. Just the regulator arrangement.
Some people's setups can be seen in the inert gas gallery:

Inert gas megathread:

R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
Hi,

I have an EEBD hood and a hose from a medical oxygen mask. This I have already assembled together.
I've figured out where to source a ten litre nitrogen cylinder and a regulator that works for Argon, safety / shield gases Argon/Helium/Nitrogen are compatible with regulators.
10 litres of Nitrogen in a tank equates to about 6.9 cubic metres. What I'm not sure of is do I really need a flow meter in addition to the regulator?
Thanks
Can you please share a link where to buy all this or what it looks like