• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

whatnow-whatnever

Sep 13, 2023
Most descriptions of long drop hanging tend to describe it as quick and fairly painless, but also very difficult to pull off. I still think it's a better option for me though, because I don't think I have the willpower to overcome SI in the way needed for partial. I've collected a decent amount of information and I'd like to know a) the answers to a couple lingering questions I have and b) whether my general ideas seem sound. Sorry for all of the information at once; I'm not sure if there's a better way to do this with smaller posts.

I'm in the lightest section of the judicial drop table, which recommends a 10ft drop, but I'm considering intentionally engineering a decently longer one for intentional decapitation. The thinking here is that since neck-snapping and head separation would kill you in fairly similar ways, it might make sense to have the latter as a possibility to increase the odds of being killed quickly (question 1 - does this make any sense? I'm doubting myself a lot).
I'm going to be using 3/4" Manila rope - currently my first choice would be from this site: https://www.knotandrope.com/collections/natural-manila-pro-manila-jute-rope/products/3-4-manila, because it's got the highest break strength I've found (please lmk if there's any known better options). To ensure that the drop is sufficiently long, I'll be tying the attachment point to the concrete railing support of a bridge (question 2 - what sort of knot should I use? The support is square and idk how to properly ensure there's no slip. the best option I've seen so far is potentially an icicle hitch?)
I'll be using a metal ring tied to one end of the rope and threaded back through instead of a knot, because Geo Stone's book suggests it and there seems to be less risk of the rope catching this way. For the position of the knot, which seems to be the most important part, the main idea that sources suggest is to try pulling the noose up with your hand and seeing the way it turns, and placing it in a certain position so that it rotates to be directly under the chin when you fall (if I can't get this to work, it seems like the majority of cases have the noose basically under the left ear).

The biggest other question I have about this method mostly concerns the actual act of jumping; The straightest up-and-down positioning I could get would involve sitting on top of the railing support and sliding myself off forwards. I'm not sure if starting above the attachment point would impact the hanging itself, and I'm worried that I'll fall down onto the knot itself since it'd be directly below me, which would disrupt the whole thing. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Reactions: ipmanwc0