Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
The reason for my suicide can be described in one simple sentence: it is impossible to imagine the end of capitalism. I know, for philosophy scholars, this may sound like a lot of capitalist realism. For those who are used to Fisher's works, you know that even though he was a great theoretician, he still chose the CTB. It's difficult, it's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of this fucking and disturbing system. In fact, we brought about the end of the world. My daughter is suffering a lot with the intense heat that has been passing through Brazil in the last few days, we are in winter, heading towards spring now, but we are reaching 40 degrees Celsius. The media forecast is for a maximum of 45 degrees this week. Summer is months away and I fear what might happen. My daughter is truly suffering from the heat, as we all are. But at the end of the day, all I can think about is that I need to get out of here as quickly as possible. I finally got an anti-emetic. Now I have everything I need. I know that SN may not be the best death, but it's better than seeing everyone I love agonizing in the heat of the hell that billionaires created with the earth. Hugs, guys. Stay with whatever who you care, anyone who you love. The world start to boiling.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cartdog, forthelasttime, LeperGnome and 28 others
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
It was a bit of a gut punch to learn of Fisher's suicide, because it felt like an exclamation mark on the entirety of his work.

I really don't have anything super useful to say about your plight, as much as that pains me. I can't imagine what it's like to see a daughter suffering from something that's entirely out of your control. I believe the climate crisis will make life harder for a while before it wipes us out, and it might not even do that in the end—humans are incredibly resilient and adaptable, after all. But I know that's little comfort when you see your little one having a bad time. All I can do is send you love and strength. We all need it, really.

• Hugs
Reactions: february in alaska, Lifeis_Jouissance70, moondazed and 6 others
TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
Hello. I'm still not sold on man-made climate change to the degree the elite are claiming. Some scientists say it's part of the natural cooling/heating cycle of the planet which is measured in hundreds of thousands to millions of years. Moving somewhere with conditions more suitable to you is not an option?

• Hmph!
Reactions: fxndi, ctb7767, Techef and 8 others
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Hello. I'm still not sold on man-made climate change to the degree the elite are claiming. Some scientists say it's part of the natural cooling/heating cycle of the planet which is measured in hundreds of thousands to millions of years. Moving somewhere with conditions more suitable to you is not an option?
Who is this elite you are speaking of? The Jews?

People like you are why this planet is going to shit while the corporations are laughing all the way to the bank.

@Teleftaía Anapnoí

I hear you dude. The state of the world makes me wanna ctb too. Hell all I do is contribute to the problem, feel like the world would be a better place without me polluting it in its current condition

Until I realized that if there's really nothing I can do, me dying won't really reverse our situation as I'm just one person, and the powers that be want those against climate change to die or have less power as it's less people challenging their tax breaks and monopolies.

I mean I'm essentially powerless, shit is hopeless, and instead of letting that defeat me I'll just let the earth wipe me out itself. Fuck it.

Though your feelings are valid absolutely.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ablationaaa457, Miss Anthropy, Melly and 8 others
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
You write that it's impossible to imagine the end of capitalism is your reason to ctb. But what caught my eye more is the love for your daughter—you don't want her to suffer the heat. So would moving down South to (e.g.) Argentina or the South of Chile be a solution within your means of living?

• Love
Reactions: darkenmydoorstep and Teleftaía Anapnoí
Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
It was a bit of a gut punch to learn of Fisher's suicide, because it felt like an exclamation mark on the entirety of his work.

I really don't have anything super useful to say about your plight, as much as that pains me. I can't imagine what it's like to see a daughter suffering from something that's entirely out of your control. I believe the climate crisis will make life harder for a while before it wipes us out, and it might not even do that in the end—humans are incredibly resilient and adaptable, after all. But I know that's little comfort when you see your little one having a bad time. All I can do is send you love and strength. We all need it, really.
Yes, I totally agree. Fisher's suicide impacted me deeply too, I don't know if I could think of anything revolutionary after that. For me it was indeed a great exclamation point on his philosophy. A scream that cannot be hidden. Its very hard indeed, i think the same. Humans are a tough race, but come on what is point of all? 12h working? Give more profit to a few people. Our existence has become so meaningless. Thanks for your kind words, i hope you find well. We need so much strenght.
The latest climate news is very pessimistic, I don't know exactly if there is a way to avoid warming by changing location. Well, we have about 3 more years of normality and after that a very chaotic process with the average global temperature above what humans, and many other animals, can handle. Besides, if it were an option I would definitely go for it. But I had to ask for a loan to avoid starving, you know? I can't find a job and I'm a teacher who worked in the teaching materials area. I made these materials, created the entire pedagogical concept, etc., etc. We just fucked up everything on the planet, we have no food, no jobs, no possibility of existence. But I appreciate your words and hope you do well in the years to come. Hugs.
You write that it's impossible to imagine the end of capitalism is your reason to ctb. But what caught my eye more is the love for your daughter—you don't want her to suffer the heat. So would moving down South to (e.g.) Argentina or the South of Chile be a solution within your means of living?
Yes man. I love her so much. My pain is essentially for having placed her in a world like that. I would really like to move, but there's no way to escape the heat, there's no way to escape unemployment or hunger. The world we have created is very sad.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: olearius, LonelyKitten and sserafim
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I don't have children of my own, but I feel it when younger generations look to me in the hope that I have some 11th hour deus ex machina hidden up my sleeve. I don't. I can't fathom where in the timeline of my life I might have acquired such a thing. What would it even look like?

We have locked and double-locked and quintuple-locked ourselves into our doomsday devices, both literal and metaphorical, because the more lethal our machines are, the safer we'll be. And we are so, so safe. Every exit is blocked, every window is sealed. Nobody's weaseling out of here to go play Nu-Adam and Nu-Eve on some idyllic mountaintop. Losses have to be spread out across the entire population in order to be fair. That's why we'll all go together when we go. Gains are only for the richest 1% of course, because they create the jobs that make us want to kill ourselves. Abject misery drives demand, and that's good for business. Imagine all the profits generated by people buying yoga mats for their depressed friends!

True, the 1% and all their awful service sector jobs will disintegrate in a fiery blip quite soon, just like everyone else, but what fun they'll have until then! They're here for a good time, not a long time. As opposed to the rest of us, who are here for neither.

Reactions: forthelasttime, TapeMachine, savoytruffle and 2 others
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
40c is awful. How's the humidity there in Brazil?

Reactions: Teleftaía Anapnoí
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
The reason for my suicide can be described in one simple sentence: it is impossible to imagine the end of capitalism. I know, for philosophy scholars, this may sound like a lot of capitalist realism. For those who are used to Fisher's works, you know that even though he was a great theoretician, he still chose the CTB. It's difficult, it's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of this fucking and disturbing system. In fact, we brought about the end of the world. My daughter is suffering a lot with the intense heat that has been passing through Brazil in the last few days, we are in winter, heading towards spring now, but we are reaching 40 degrees Celsius. The media forecast is for a maximum of 45 degrees this week. Summer is months away and I fear what might happen. My daughter is truly suffering from the heat, as we all are. But at the end of the day, all I can think about is that I need to get out of here as quickly as possible. I finally got an anti-emetic. Now I have everything I need. I know that SN may not be the best death, but it's better than seeing everyone I love agonizing in the heat of the hell that billionaires created with the earth. Hugs, guys. Stay with whatever who you care, anyone who you love. The world start to boiling.

View attachment 120017

View attachment 120018
I was an extremely religious person and I had strong political beliefs as well.I passionately debated people over my personal beliefs to the point that I would get extremely sad and angry if someone said anything against them.Then I left religion and for some time I was a strong communist.I also became feminist for a time.I could see that I was doing the exact same things like before the only difference was that now I was defending a different ideology.When I hit rock bottom I told myself that all religions and political ideologies and anything related can go fuck themselves.Why should I suffer if the world is such a shit hole? My suffering is not going to improve anything.So after that I have decided not to believe in anything which would make my mental health worse.
From my personal experience I can say that a lot of people passionately believe in an idea(some would become highly religious people,some would become strong animal rights activists ,some choose any other path).While none of this is inherently a bad thing but if your obsession with your ideology is causing you to suffer from mental health issues then it is time to rethink your ideology.
I personally don't like capitalism as well .But my personal dislike wouldn't change anything about it.It is only going to make me miserable.To personally console myself I often think that I even don't know what kind of economic system would replace it and would it really be that much better for the common people.
I think true suffering can only end when the human race ceases to exist.Until that point we would always have one problem or another

Reactions: freedompass, Ontwon, LonelyKitten and 2 others
I

Infinitespace_

Jan 23, 2021
The climate crisis is a scam, the weather has always changed and never ever goes up forever its cyclical

• Hmph!
Reactions: ctb7767, Ontwon, Letmedienow and 1 other person
Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
40c is awful. How's the humidity there in Brazil?
Today in my city was in 40%. We have better days, worse days. Humidity in general is still good due to the Amazon forest. I went to check the forecast and on the hottest day the humidity will be 30%.
The climate crisis is a scam, the weather has always changed and never ever goes up forever its cyclical
I don't think so, they've never been so hot in winter.
I was an extremely religious person and I had strong political beliefs as well.I passionately debated people over my personal beliefs to the point that I would get extremely sad and angry if someone said anything against them.Then I left religion and for some time I was a strong communist.I also became feminist for a time.I could see that I was doing the exact same things like before the only difference was that now I was defending a different ideology.When I hit rock bottom I told myself that all religions and political ideologies and anything related can go fuck themselves.Why should I suffer if the world is such a shit hole? My suffering is not going to improve anything.So after that I have decided not to believe in anything which would make my mental health worse.
From my personal experience I can say that a lot of people passionately believe in an idea(some would become highly religious people,some would become strong animal rights activists ,some choose any other path).While none of this is inherently a bad thing but if your obsession with your ideology is causing you to suffer from mental health issues then it is time to rethink your ideology.
I personally don't like capitalism as well .But my personal dislike wouldn't change anything about it.It is only going to make me miserable.To personally console myself I often think that I even don't know what kind of economic system would replace it and would it really be that much better for the common people.
I think true suffering can only end when the human race ceases to exist.Until that point we would always have one problem or another
I understand the argument, I've heard some people talking and going through the same things. I think this type of thinking serves to bring even more impotence. We as individuals are powerless even in the face of global collapse. But let's be honest, every human being feels pain when they see that we are destroying everything in the name of profit. We could have created a different world, now we really have to accept it. It's no wonder that I'm here and that I have my suicide scheduled.
I don't have children of my own, but I feel it when younger generations look to me in the hope that I have some 11th hour deus ex machina hidden up my sleeve. I don't. I can't fathom where in the timeline of my life I might have acquired such a thing. What would it even look like?

We have locked and double-locked and quintuple-locked ourselves into our doomsday devices, both literal and metaphorical, because the more lethal our machines are, the safer we'll be. And we are so, so safe. Every exit is blocked, every window is sealed. Nobody's weaseling out of here to go play Nu-Adam and Nu-Eve on some idyllic mountaintop. Losses have to be spread out across the entire population in order to be fair. That's why we'll all go together when we go. Gains are only for the richest 1% of course, because they create the jobs that make us want to kill ourselves. Abject misery drives demand, and that's good for business. Imagine all the profits generated by people buying yoga mats for their depressed friends!

True, the 1% and all their awful service sector jobs will disintegrate in a fiery blip quite soon, just like everyone else, but what fun they'll have until then! They're here for a good time, not a long time. As opposed to the rest of us, who are here for neither.
I'm Gen Z, we really look at past generations and think "sons of bitches, they created this shit for us and now we have to just suffer."

But the reality is that all generations are in this boat, it wasn't your fault, it wasn't my mother's fault, or anything like that. It's the fault of the system that always seeks more profit. It's very sad what we've done to the world, I wish I could imagine a better future. But I don't think there's any way.
I hear you dude. The state of the world makes me wanna ctb too. Hell all I do is contribute to the problem, feel like the world would be a better place without me polluting it in its current condition

Until I realized that if there's really nothing I can do, me dying won't really reverse our situation as I'm just one person, and the powers that be want those against climate change to die or have less power as it's less people challenging their tax breaks and monopolies.

I mean I'm essentially powerless, shit is hopeless, and instead of letting that defeat me I'll just let the earth wipe me out itself. Fuck it.

Though your feelings are valid absolutely.
Oh, forgot to reply this one. Thanks for your kinds words. I aprecciate a lot. I fell the same, i am powerless.

I had the thought of simply letting existence come to its natural end. The latest research from Geneva points to 3 years of normality, after which the climate crisis will be unsustainable. We will spend months in a real hell, "heat waves" they are saying. I just don't know if I can handle so much suffering. I mean watching so much suffering. I have always been a very sensitive person. I am an artist at the end of the day, a writer and a musician. What's left in the world for someone like me? Nothing, just the end. I hope you find the strength to handle everything that is to come. Hugs from Brazil.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting and sserafim
I

Infinitespace_

Jan 23, 2021
Co2 only represents a fraction of the atmosphere something like 0.2% and the global warming research only goes back as far as 1850 which is a joke

• Hmph!
Reactions: Letmedienow and todienomore
Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
Co2 only represents a fraction of the atmosphere something like 0.2% and the global warming research only goes back as far as 1850 which is a joke
Dude, come on. I live in a tropical country, the heat never reaches 45 degrees. Who will say in winter, you know? Sorry, but that's too much denial for me, we need to look at reality. In fact, the essence of the post is to talk about how I don't see a viable future for humanity and how that makes me suicidal.
What is happening in Brazil is something like this:

Last edited:
Reactions: callme, Melly and Harrow
Harrow

Harrow

Aug 20, 2023
It's crazy to see people denying the science still. The climate crisis also adds to my hopelessness for the future.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cartdog, EvisceratedJester, olearius and 9 others
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
The reason for my suicide can be described in one simple sentence: it is impossible to imagine the end of capitalism. I know, for philosophy scholars, this may sound like a lot of capitalist realism. For those who are used to Fisher's works, you know that even though he was a great theoretician, he still chose the CTB. It's difficult, it's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of this fucking and disturbing system.
Capitalism (or wageslavery, whatever) has only been around for at most a few hundred years. The human species is over 100,000 years old

Around the 1970's, we made a form that isn't sustainable, but makes an illusion "designed to produce hopelessness and kill any future alternatives." If we don't organize alternatives, what comes after it could be even worse

Apparently, countries with big indigenous populations (like Ecuador) are in the lead in trying to preserve the planet. In contrast to countries that destroyed them, racing to destruction

BTW, did anyone see that elite guy, nearly a billionaire, who gave a 1 min crash course on the real world?
"We need to see unemployment rise. Unemployment has to jump 40-50%, in my view. We need to see pain in the economy. We need to remind people that they work for the employer, not the other way around. There's been a systematic change where employees feel the employer is extremely lucky to have them, as opposed to the other way around. So it's a dynamic that has to change. We've got to kill that attitude, and that has to come through hurting the economy, which is what the whole global — the world — is trying to do. The governments around the world are trying to increase unemployment to get that to some sort of normality.

"And we're seeing it. I think every employer now is seeing it. I mean there is definitely massive layoffs going off. People might not be talking about it, but people are definitely laying people off and we're starting to see less arrogance in the employment market and that has to continue because that will cascade across the costs balance."

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TapeMachine, sserafim and Teleftaía Anapnoí
Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
Capitalism (or wageslavery, whatever) has only been around for at most a few hundred years. The human species is over 100,000 years old

Around the 1970's, we made a form that isn't sustainable, but makes an illusion "designed to produce hopelessness and kill any future alternatives." If we don't organize alternatives, what comes after it could be even worse

Apparently, countries with big indigenous populations (like Ecuador) are in the lead in trying to preserve the planet. In contrast to countries that destroyed them, racing to destruction

BTW, did anyone see that elite guy, nearly a billionaire, who gave a 1 min crash course on the real world?

Yes, I saw that. Posted here about this guy too. It's crazy how this guy didn't leave the place with his throat cut out.

I agree with everything else you pointed out, comrade. I lost hope of a revolutionary process. But I hope that future generations can achieve what ours could not. It's either that or our extinction as a species. I wonder if it's not the best....

• Love
Reactions: Melly, sserafim and SexyIncél
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim and Teleftaía Anapnoí
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
But currently, that'd horrify normie cultists who worship the lizard people feeding on them
btw I should maybe clarify I don't believe in actual lizard people

This'd be funny, but the fucker's direct actions are literally to kill you & many other sasu members. "We need to see pain in the economy." He has over half a billion US dollars — imaginary points — and elites like him need you starved & your daughter broken

Because they're like a parent who mutilates their family, just to stay on top. Rather than let family members be free to maybe create great things

And their lapdog enablers just continue sucking their scaly lizard dicks

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim and Teleftaía Anapnoí
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
The main problem is having to live under capitalism and in this capitalist world though. We're all forced to live under this ideology whether we like it or not, and personally, this makes me want to ctb. After college, we're just expected to enter the workforce where we become wageslaves for ~40 years until we die. It's literally modern day slavery. Can you imagine living like this, and working your life away? I most certainly can't. I hate having to live in this capitalist society. It's not even a life, it's just an existence. You're basically only fighting and struggling to survive because everything in the world costs money, and you have to pay to live. Honestly this is just so strange to me. Humans are the only animals that actually have to pay to exist. No other animal is like this, only us. It's so weird and absurd. I really hope that this life is only a strange dream and that our real life happens once we wake up from it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LittleBlackCat, Melly, conarc and 1 other person
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I've posted this post in an another thread a few days ago.. But anyway, I think some people might find it interesting to read my point of view since I come from an other side of the globe.

I'm very undecided about if capitalism is good or bad.
My country and other rich east Asian countries (Japan, Singapore, Taiwan) became rich because of capitalism and especially the very high effectiveness in our economies (also because of capitalism).
Look at the communist North Korea (NK). We are the same ethnic group, but Koreans in the North are very poor people only because of the communist ineffective economy. Yeah, there's no unemployment in North Korea because everyone has to have a job and work there and people get also apartments for free.
But that's very ineffective for the whole economy after all. However companies in South Korea employ only workers who are needed for the working process unlike NK. Therefore the effectiveness of South Korean's companies and factories are MUCH higher than state owned companies in NK.
This leads to the state that people in NK are becoming poorer and poorer with time.

So I'm glad that capitalism made my country rich and successful!

On the other hand I think that capitalism creates much stress, pressure, anxiety and depression because everyone has to do his best, otherwise he gets fired and possibly becames a homeless.

So I really don't know what's the best.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, carac and Teleftaía Anapnoí
Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
I've posted this post in an another thread a few days ago.. But anyway, I think some people might find it interesting to read my point of view since I come from an other side of the globe.

My country and other rich east Asian countries (Japan, Singapore, Taiwan) became rich because of capitalism and especially the very high effectiveness in our economies (also because of capitalism).
Look at the communist North Korea (NK). We are the same ethnic group, but Koreans in the North are very poor people only because of the communist ineffective economy. Yeah, there's no unemployment in North Korea because everyone has to have a job and work there and people get also apartments for free.
But that's very ineffective for the whole economy after all. However companies in South Korea employ only workers who are needed for the working process unlike NK. Therefore the effectiveness of South Korean's companies and factories are MUCH higher than state owned companies in NK.
This leads to the state that people in NK are becoming poorer and poorer with time.

On the other hand I think that capitalism creates much stress, pressure, anxiety and depression because everyone has to do his best, otherwise he gets fired and possibly becames a homeless.

hello friend. All good? It's normal to feel a little like this. I'm not sure which country you live in, just that it's some eastern country. I believe it's Japan, but correct me if I'm wrong. Many countries have become rich from capitalism. In fact, it is the most productive mode of production we have ever had in human history. The technological advancement that capitalism has provided is something from another world. The problem of capitalism, however, is not something moral. It is something material and intrinsic to the system. On the other hand, it is the dumbest economic system of all, it does not distribute excess production well and creates uselessness in generating surplus value.

With this system we worsen hunger, human living conditions and the earth itself. We are destroying planet Earth and we only need to look from the window to see this.
But I would like you to notice one thing first. The countries that became rich with capitalism were already developed and industrialized countries. Furthermore, the first world war marked who would despoil the world. Nowadays the fallacy of capitalist enrichment breaks down when we look at countries like mine, in the third world. Here poverty reigns, hunger is so great that we have people queuing up to buy bones to eat. Education is not good, we do not have industries for domestic supply, this is somewhat the case with Japan, which is also an exporting country. Here more than half of the food produced is sent abroad, we produce food to supply the world, but inside our borders there is only hunger. The immoral process of capital accumulation, in simple terms, is when individuals or companies make money and become rich by taking advantage of others in unfair or unethical ways. This can include exploiting workers by paying them very low wages, harming the environment without regard for the consequences, or manipulating markets to increase their profits unfairly. Essentially, it's about getting rich at the expense of others' well-being or through dishonest means. In practice, this means profiting from hunger, profiting from unemployment, profiting from waste, etc., etc.
That is the real problem with capitalism, not the lack of production. Now, if we look at the socialist countries, we see countries with full employment, minimal poverty and misery, few or no homeless people, as there is full housing. Yes, there are problems like in any system. But honestly? Just knowing that I wouldn't go hungry and would have somewhere to live if I lived in a socialist country makes me feel better. I feel like I wouldn't even choose to die of my own free will. Capitalism is the accepted slavery of modernity, we cannot accept that. Whoever decides to continue living will invariably have to face the contradictions of capital and overcome them. Or face extinction head on.

PS. sorry, ive saw now that you are a korean.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melly and sserafim
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022

Thanks, interesting perspective!

Personally, I think there's many possibilities. One common propaganda is TINA: There Is No Alternative to a couple crappy systems

Sane schools would help us imagine many possible ways to make/distribute/use stuff. But their role is usually to kill imagination & make productive little drones

Last edited:
Reactions: Teleftaía Anapnoí and sserafim
TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
Who is this elite you are speaking of? The Jews?

People like you are why this planet is going to shit while the corporations are laughing all the way to the bank.

I wasn't referring to Jews per se. I was referring to the people who tell the rest of us the planet is being endangered by global warming, politicians, the corporate elite, etc. Some are Jews, some aren't. Yet, they themselves are not doing anything to help stop it. This is why I don't believe them. We're still on fossil fuels. They're still producing and funding all the things they say are destroying the ozone layer. I can't say I know the future, but the earth has been here for billions of years. Through ice ages, the destruction of the dinosaurs, and all sorts of calamities and changes. Empires and great societies have risen and fallen, each one with its citizens thinking the end was nigh just like some of us think today. And yet, the earth is still here.
The main problem is having to live under capitalism and in this capitalist world though. We're all forced to live under this ideology whether we like it or not, and personally, this makes me want to ctb. After college, we're just expected to enter the workforce where we become wageslaves for ~40 years until we die. It's literally modern day slavery. Can you imagine living like this, and working your life away? I most certainly can't. I hate having to live in this capitalist society. It's not even a life, it's just an existence. You're basically only fighting and struggling to survive because everything in the world costs money, and you have to pay to live. Honestly this is just so strange to me. Humans are the only animals that actually have to pay to exist. No other animal is like this, only us. It's so weird and absurd. I really hope that this life is only a strange dream and that our real life happens once we wake up from it.

Yeah it sucks and I am dealing with this issue myself. But you're not completely constrained. What's expected of you is not what you have to do. Many have just said F it they're going to do what they want, and screw the expectations.

Last edited:
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
The worst is , the people who will suffer more have done so little to contribute to global warming.

Capitalism is a dead end. Non stop growth with limited resources.

We are heading into a wall at 100 mph.

I feel bad for kids today , they must say , in what kind of hell im waking up.

The best years on earth, around 1950 to 2000.

Before that : shit , after that ; shit.

Reactions: raindrop9, Teleftaía Anapnoí, LittleBlackCat and 5 others
D

Deleted member 65988

I feel bad for kids today , they must say , in what kind of hell im waking up
That's why I'm getting the fuck outta here soon because ain't no way I'm going through this just to die a miserable 70 year old in the far future.

• Hugs
Reactions: whitefeather, Teleftaía Anapnoí, lwlaiet8887 and 3 others
B

BodaFly

Feb 17, 2022
I keep a very close eye on the statistics and this year has been harrowing, next year is projected to be worse. We may be heading into the exponential part of the graph where things will start getting very bad very fast in regards to the climate and the ecosphere in general. There are no brakes on this train.
I look at all the people having babies around me and I wonder if they have any idea what the world has in store for them. Humans are exceptionally intelligent, yet as a whole we behave no different than any other organism, simply using up all available resources until our environment cannot sustain our swollen population. Our fate is sealed as far as I'm concerned.
I do get a certain schadenfreude from watching it unfold and getting to say "I told you so", it even kept me from ctb many times but it's really just a poor cope.

Reactions: immrw, Teleftaía Anapnoí, olearius and 3 others
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Famous and brilliant Carl Sagan said ; extinction is the rule , survival is the exception.

I can tell you 100% sure , human being won't be the exception. Rats and bedbugs has far more chance of surviving.

Reactions: Teleftaía Anapnoí, lwlaiet8887, sserafim and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

I keep a very close eye on the statistics and this year has been harrowing, next year is projected to be worse. We may be heading into the exponential part of the graph where things will start getting very bad very fast in regards to the climate and the ecosphere in general. There are no brakes on this train.
I look at all the people having babies around me and I wonder if they have any idea what the world has in store for them. Humans are exceptionally intelligent, yet as a whole we behave no different than any other organism, simply using up all available resources until our environment cannot sustain our swollen population. Our fate is sealed as far as I'm concerned.
I do get a certain schadenfreude from watching it unfold and getting to say "I told you so", it even kept me from ctb many times but it's really just a poor cope.
Yeeah, I don't know how anyone could think "oh, you know what's the best idea in the world right now, have more kids". Those kids will end up being absolutely screwed over as a result.

Garf125

Garf125

Sep 21, 2023
Late stage capitalism is late stage for a reason. You have a daughter to take care of and a revolution to participate in.

North Korea is in the state it's in because of the devastation during the Korean war and then near complete economic isolation leading into the idea and implementation of Juche. You can be a socialist while still believing in the effectiveness of market economics (what you consider capitalism). The word "socialist" purely means that you think the workers should own what they work with instead of the wealthy business owners and investors who get fat off their stolen surplus labour value. There's nothing to lose by looking for information on these topics. There's a treasure trove of short and long YouTube videos and books if that's more your style.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, Cloud Busting and Teleftaía Anapnoí