• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Here is a poem. Maybe I am the creator, maybe it is a famous German poet who knows?
So here it is good luck with google translator folks!

Nachtgedanken

Denk ich an Deutschland in der Nacht,
Dann bin ich um den Schlaf gebracht,
Ich kann nicht mehr die Augen schließen,
Und meine heißen Tränen fließen.

Die Jahre kommen und vergehn!
Seit ich die Mutter nicht gesehn,
Zwölf Jahre sind schon hingegangen;
Es wächst mein Sehnen und Verlangen.

Mein Sehnen und Verlangen wächst.
Die alte Frau hat mich behext,
Ich denke immer an die alte,
Die alte Frau, die Gott erhalte!

Die alte Frau hat mich so lieb,
Und in den Briefen, die sie schrieb,
Seh ich, wie ihre Hand gezittert,
Wie tief das Mutterherz erschüttert.

Die Mutter liegt mir stets im Sinn.
Zwölf lange Jahre flossen hin,
Zwölf lange Jahre sind verflossen,
Seit ich sie nicht ans Herz geschlossen.

Deutschland hat ewigen Bestand,
Es ist ein kerngesundes Land,
Mit seinen Eichen, seinen Linden
Werd ich es immer wiederfinden.

Nach Deutschland lechzt' ich nicht so sehr,
Wenn nicht die Mutter dorten wär;
Das Vaterland wird nie verderben,
Jedoch die alte Frau kann sterben.

Seit ich das Land verlassen hab,
So viele sanken dort ins Grab,
Die ich geliebt - wenn ich sie zähle,
So will verbluten meine Seele.

Und zählen muß ich - Mit der Zahl
Schwillt immer höher meine Qual,
Mir ist, als wälzten sich die Leichen
Auf meine Brust - Gottlob! Sie weichen!

Gottlob! Durch meine Fenster bricht
Französisch heitres Tageslicht;
Es kommt mein Weib, schön wie der Morgen,
Und lächelt fort die deutschen Sorgen.

I hope this is not considered spam due to the fact barely anyone will be able to understand it. There is the German saying "Denk ich an Deutschland in der Nacht, Dann bin ich um den Schlaf gebracht". It means paraphrased thinking of Germany at night makes me sleepless. In German language it sounds very beautiful as this poem in general. I had a weird feeling some days ago. I met an Asian old couple who travelled to Germany. They asked me some questions and they were very kind. This made me ruminating as seemingly anything can make me ruminating. Why are people willed to spend their holidays in Germany? I think as many others from Western countries like the US I am aware our peak lies behind of us. For the average German (especially for a leftwinger) I am quite a patriot. In the US one would never call me a patriot. I am very thankful that I was born here. I think the welfare state still has too many flaws to let me survive on it but theoretically I hit the lottery with being born here. I try to remind me of that privilege. At the same I have an hellish poor life quality. I could now try to interpret that poem so that it somehow fits to my mood or sorrows. Though I would probably distort the true intentions of the poet. (who of you is not too lazy to google his name, I know quite a shocker that I am not the artist, on the other hand only 2% will read this thread to the end anyway). I thought about parallels between the current German political situation and the one described in this poem. Though I think maybe that would be an inappropriate comparison.

But I will end with one comparison or parallel that fits. The person in the poem ruminates way too much and has a lot of sorrows. Especially when it is late at night. He is in agony and cries because he barely can cope with it anymore. Maybe it is an unknown German trait to torture you with overwhelming sorrows. We might have different reasons for it but I can relate to the pain which is described.

Last edited:
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
Sehr schönes Gedicht, danke für's teilen. Was ist deiner Meinung nach die momentane politische Situation in Deutschland? Und schreibst du öfters Gedichte? :)

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Sehr schönes Gedicht, danke für's teilen. Was ist deiner Meinung nach die momentane politische Situation in Deutschland? Und schreibst du öfters Gedichte? :)
Ich poste hier öfters über politische Themen in dem entsprechenden Politik sub-forum. Das Gedicht ist nicht von mir, sondern von Heinrich Heine. Ich könnte niemals so ein schönes Gedicht schreiben. Ich bin darin nur sehr mittelmäßig begabt.

• Hugs
Reactions: dreamscape1111