H

Hammer

just about gone.
Jun 15, 2020
I watch tv shows or movies were people die and I eventually feel jealous of then for having such quick and relatively painless deaths. They rarely if ever have failed suicide attempts and in general a simple stab or single gunshot wound to the body kills them outright. And from my research into real life this is rarely he case as the human body fights like crazy to survive.

Even just now I saw a murder masked as a suicide with a guy using the carbon monoxide in a garage car thing, and instantly though "yeah odds are thst could have just not worked and left him hospitalised with serious health conditions"

Or there is an episode of daredevil were a guy just full on stabs his own head into a spike to kill himself, the survival instinct completely non existent.

Fuck those guys xD

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I don't think I've gotten jealous of a show but definately wish I could exist in the realities of some of them. I use shows/movies as a form of escapism sometimes, and I wish I could have the cool abilities of a superhero. It would make life more fun. Yep I know that sounds pathetic.

Last edited:
M

mopeyD

Aug 8, 2020
I don't envy the characters in shows because they're just tv shows but I definitely envy all those who have succeeded in suicide IRL. I wish I could interview them about how to get over SI.

Reactions: AnnonyBox and Homecoming
H

Hammer

just about gone.
Jun 15, 2020
I don't envy the characters in shows because they're just tv shows but I definitely envy all those who have succeeded in suicide IRL. I wish I could interview them about how to get over SI.

True, it does greatly annoy me that I don't want to live but there is something inside me that doesn't want to die despite how I feel. Still though tv makes dying look so simple.

Reactions: Fingir ser feliz
M

mopeyD

Aug 8, 2020
True, it does greatly annoy me that I don't want to live but there is something inside me that doesn't want to die despite how I feel. Still though tv makes dying look so simple.
It greatly annoys me too; I feel trapped. I'm failure in life and death apparently

It does look so easy and painless to die on tv. I marvel at how quick and easy it is for a character to hang themselves on tv. IRL it could be quick and rather painless I've read but knowing me it would fuck up somehow. Or maybe it's the panic and pain that's making me hesitant I don't know. Either way tv and movies make it seem so simple like pressing an exit button or something.

H

Hammer

just about gone.
Jun 15, 2020
It greatly annoys me too; I feel trapped. I'm failure in life and death apparently

It does look so easy and painless to die on tv. I marvel at how quick and easy it is for a character to hang themselves on tv. IRL it could be quick and rather painless I've read but knowing me it would fuck up somehow. Or maybe it's the panic and pain that's making me hesitant I don't know. Either way tv and movies make it seem so simple like pressing an exit button or something.

Yup, tbh it's false publicity :P, people the writers want to die, die straight away, people the writers want to live, take ages to die and get saved somehow.

Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
You said it right, fuck those guys! I see them too and I think the same as you, they die way too fast way too easily because thats not how it works in real life. Even how when a person is being strangled they are dead in like 20-30 seconds when in reality it would take up to 5 minutes(not sure if I remember right so don't quote me on this) without pressing on the arteries for a person to only loose consciousness, and then another 10 minutes with the murderer staying on top of them and strangling them without release for the person to actually die, because if I remember right it takes 15 minutes to die from oxygen deprivation. And suicides all look so easy there too. Although I do remember I watched a movie called Karla or was it with the C so - Carla, not sure. I love the actor Misha Collins and he's in it so I watched it, trigger warning it's a very heavy and disturbing movie, but the guy played by Misha there tried to kill himself by stabbing himself with the knife, gets drunk and all but can't push the knife in. If you want to watch it better first read the description of the movie it's very heavy and I think is based on real life events.

crunchycuticles

crunchycuticles

Oct 5, 2023
Yeah I wish I could live a carefree life where everything is great.