W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I have no symptoms, but have been pretending to collect medication for a couple of months. Has anyone been sectioned even though they didn't have a recurrence of symptoms just for not taking medication?

kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
hey - while i have nothing to say on this topic, just note that it'll take a little longer than a few hours to get a response! i hope you find the answers you're looking for though (:

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Were you forced to take the meds as a result of sectioning?

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I have no symptoms, but have been pretending to collect medication for a couple of months. Has anyone been sectioned even though they didn't have a recurrence of symptoms just for not taking medication?

Zero, you can only be forced to take meds if you are already under involuntary section in a hospital which it doesn't sound like you are as you say you collect your meds.

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Were you forced to take the meds as a result of sectioning?
Yes.

Zero, you can only be forced to take meds if you are already under involuntary section in a hospital which it doesn't sound like you are as you say you collect your meds.
I hope this applies to me (I've been sectioned 4x) and they were very close to putting me on a community treatment order. They insist that it's to do with coming off medication, when I have been stable for years in between off medication and being around friends smoking cannabis is what has triggered relapses because I'm highly sensitive to it, and when I've been stable for a long time tend to forget / be in denial about that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I would research my rights in my country and area where I live. I'd contact legal aid and reach out to anti-psychiatry activists. I would get informed.

Until I knew for certain what my rights were, I would lie and say I was taking the medications and continue to receive them.

However, I find it strange that your med prescriber does not already know. I believe carbamazepine requires regular blood work, so they would have already figured out that it's not in your system.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331