D

Daystavro

Experienced
Oct 15, 2018
It's a thought I had recently.
Developing to animals only caused suffering.
We are the end result of that development.
Plants have no brains and no nervous system.
Imagine how peaceful the world would have been if it only had plants.

Reactions: retarddd, concededarc, Даун and 15 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
A planet with no animals but only plants? Yes I think it would make life more peaceful except for invasive plants stealing other nutrients from other competing plants leading to a nutrient war, but I'm not a botanist or plant expert so I can't say what will happen between plant vs plants. As far as environmental results, well there will be much less CO2 in the atmosphere, less pollution overall, and less trash around as nature would just take care of things.

Reactions: Даун, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Imagine how peaceful it would be if nothing existed at all.

Reactions: WhyIsLife56, Deafsn0w, creationisdeath and 10 others
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
Except that you grew up next to a giant oak tree. It would take all your nutrients to sustain itself, every time the wind blows, its branches would fall and damage you, critters would stare in awe at it, while trampling your existence. Plants, animals, humans, its all the same. Fighting over the same resources to be better.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, creationisdeath, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
D

Daystavro

Experienced
Oct 15, 2018
Except that you grew up next to a giant oak tree. It would take all your nutrients to sustain itself, every time the wind blows, its branches would fall and damage you, critters would stare in awe at it, while trampling your existence. Plants, animals, humans, its all the same. Fighting over the same resources to be better.

Yes, but at least plants, unlike us animals, have no brain and no nervous system, so they do not feel pain.
So their suffering is reduced.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, creationisdeath, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018

But if there's no animals then what's the worth of this world being peaceful? You need to create at least one being that would appreciate the peacefulness. But then again peacefulness can quickly turn into boredom which is also suffering.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide and 3 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
But if there's no animals then what's the worth of this world being peaceful? You need to create at least one being that would appreciate the peacefulness. But then again peacefulness can quickly turn into boredom which is also suffering.
If there were no sentient life than there would be peace. Since humans are predatory animals by scientific definition, concepts such as "world peace" can only be described as a fictional thought experiment. In order to achieve real world peace you would have to change the entire nature of mankind.

Reactions: retarddd, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I agree. In my opinion, Abiogenesis (origin of life) is the only tragedy that has ever happened in our universe. It has caused a chain reaction of perpetual suffering that has been going on since animals first developed a nervous system some 600 m years ago. Plants are not needed ether.

Last edited:
Reactions: retarddd, Даун, Deafsn0w and 4 others
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
If there were no sentient life than there would be peace. Since humans are predatory animals by scientific definition, concepts such as "world peace" can only be described as a fictional thought experiment. In order to achieve real world peace you would have to change the entire nature of mankind.

My point is if there's no sentient life then peace or no peace don't matter. You probably mean that you will remain and enjoy Earth without the rest of sentient life. Volcanos will still erupt though.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide and 1 other person
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
My point is if there's no sentient life then peace or no peace don't matter. You probably mean that you will remain and enjoy Earth without the rest of sentient life. Volcanos will still erupt though.
It's true that volcanic eruptions, meteor impacts, hurricanes etc would still happen....but nobody would be around to feel it's effects. A disaster cannot occure without life.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide and 1 other person
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018

I believe self awareness is a malfunction. A few philosophers actually touch on this very idea.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Cyanide
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Plants suffer too. It's impossible to live life in this universe and not suffer unless you are some kind of super being.

Reactions: Swisher, NoOneKnows, Deafsn0w and 2 others
V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
Plants suffer too. It's impossible to live life in this universe and not suffer unless you are some kind of super being.
Plants don't suffer. Please don't spread pseudo science around.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Lavalamp, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
Your title is a bit misleading as animals aren't descended from plants.

Reactions: Swisher, Deafsn0w, Lavalamp and 3 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Reactions: Swisher, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Plants don't suffer. Please don't spread pseudo science around.
That is absolutely not true. It is not pseudoscience. Google it. Trees have a networking system underground through their roots. Trees exist within a family. If one of the trees becomes, say, infested with bugs....that tree alerts the other trees. Same with weather conditions. They give each other strength. All plants exist within systems like this. They communicate, and they feel.

Reactions: Severen, retarddd, Swisher and 6 others
V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
That is absolutely not true. It is not pseudoscience. Google it. Trees have a networking system underground through their roots. Trees exist within a family. If one of the trees becomes, say, infested with bugs....that tree alerts the other trees. Same with weather conditions. They give each other strength. All plants exist within systems like this. They communicate, and they feel.
Plants do not have a nervous system like animals do, therefore they can not suffer or feel anything. Once again, please don't spread utter bullshit around. You already have a horrible track record.

Reactions: Deafsn0w
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Plants do not have a nervous system like animals do, therefore they can not suffer or feel anything. Once again, please don't spread utter bullshit around. You already have a horrible track record.

Lol, excuse me? A horrible track record? Sorry that you feel that way. Just because plants do not have a nervous system does not mean that they do not feel pain. It just means that they do not feel pain in the same way that animals do. They still feel pain and communicate just like any other living organism. I am not spreading bullshit. Educate yourself.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/botany/plants-feel-pain.htm

There's a plethora of information out there. Research it.

Dani Paradox has spoken.

Reactions: Swisher, Даун, NoOneKnows and 2 others
V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
Yes, but at least plants, unlike us animals, have no brain and no nervous system, so they do not feel pain.
So their suffering is reduced.
I think the word you are looking for is "non existent" not "reduced".

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I'm sorry, but who are you responding to and what do you mean?
lol click "show ignored content" and you'll see I'm responding to Severen.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Virgo
V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
Lol, excuse me? A horrible track record? Sorry that you feel that way. Just because plants do not have a nervous system does not mean that they do not feel pain. It just means that they do not feel pain in the same way that animals do. They still feel pain and communicate just like any other living organism. I am not spreading bullshit. Educate yourself.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/botany/plants-feel-pain.htm

There's a plethora of information out there. Research it.

Dani Paradox has spoken.
If you are going to make claims like this back them up.
How do plants experience pain?
Good luck demonstrating how plants can experience pain without a nervous system.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Lavalamp
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
If you are going to make claims like this back them up.
How do plants experience pain?

Dude lol omg. I'm not doing your research for you. They feel pain, they communicate through an underground networking system, they release chemicals to protect themselves and call out for help. If you want the exact specifics of the science behind the details then research it, man. All living organisms feel pain. They just experience it differently....because it's a different living organism.

Reactions: Swisher, NoOneKnows, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
Dude lol omg. I'm not doing your research for you. They feel pain, they communicate through an underground networking system, they release chemicals to protect themselves and call out for help. If you want the exact specifics of the science behind the details then research it, man. All living organisms feel pain. They just experience it differently....because it's a different living organism.
If you can't provide the mechanism that allows plants to experience pain than don't spread your pseudoscience around. There is no research to back up what you are saying. Communication and reaction are irrelevant.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Lavalamp
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
If calling out ignorance constitutes horrible track record, then I feel honored to accept the award :heh:

Reactions: Roulette, Deafsn0w and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
If calling out ignorance constitutes horrible track record, then I feel honored to accept the award :heh:
No, spreading misinformation and things you can't back up is your horrible track record. Reading a news article and not having the brains to understand it is not knowledge.