Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Because it's completely random. I'm an atheist, I don't think everything is pre-determined. It is completely and absolutely random in terms of cause and effect actions. The laws of the universe are one thing, the complete randomness of how one action causes another one are completely different.

Some people are born into a life of luxury, some are born into complete poverty. Some people make it 100 years, some die as a child. It's so terrible because we can't predict what is going to happen. A meteor could hit my car on the way home and kill me, or I could live to be 120, or an infinite # of possibilities in between. Also, your actions affect someone else's life in some way. You run a stop sign, T-bone a car, kill the driver, and now there is a kid out there who grows up with one parent instead of two. You could be following all of the rules of society, but some one else decides to bring a gun to work and kill you and everyone there.

These are extreme examples, but it rings true for every action in our lives. Me making it to 100 years depends on everyone else's actions in the entire world. Something could happen on the other side of the planet that puts into effect the chain of events that ends my life, hell it already is in effect. The only thing I have complete control over is whether or not to personally end my life, which I do plan on doing.

Life is so terrible because you have no control of it. It is at the whim of every thing else in the universe. You are part of the universe so other people are at the whim of your decisions.

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, Praestat_Mori and TheMetalhead
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It certainly is terrible, to me there could never be such a thing as peace in this replusive world where chance so cruelly determines everything, it disturbs and terrifies me how there is unlimited potential to suffer endlessly in an existence that was completely unnecessary in the first place, I could never see anything desirable about existence, it's just something so harmful, existence itself is just a horrific mistake.

Reactions: myusername890