• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
I just need to vent this out. A stray lives at my late grandpa's, now essentially my uncle's house (he inherited it). We hadn't seen him for a while. but he came back soon after my grandpa died and he looked awful. This next part is going to be me detailing what his injuries look like, so I will do a spoiler tag to spare those who don't want to read it.

So it looks like he has been hit by a car. His legs on his lower half are all messed up. He hobbles as he walks, his hip or femur looks out of place on the leg that looks worse. His claws on his lower legs are stuck out, which is indicative of a injury. He is losing weight, so skinny now. He is very underweight but still so loving.

He follows me around outside and meows at me to pet him, even though he's injured. He hobbles behind me and I feel so bad, I kinda wish he didnt and would just relax. I set up a little shack for him outside on the porch, put a table for shelter from rain, a plastic tarp to keep rain from blowing under and hitting him, and put a pillow-like dog beg underneath there. There's also a kennel right next to it that he can crawl into and lay in if he wants privacy, though he seems to prefer the pillow.

I feel bad for him, and the world is so cruel. I am almost certain a car did this and what's messed up is the driver probably didn't even care. I have no basis for this but ive seen animals in this town hit in a way that seems like someone went out of their way to hit I don't know if this is a similar case, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised. I'm wondering how he got hit because I've never seen him walk into the road. I don't have the means to take him to a vet, I can't afford it and unfortunately, my family that does like my uncle who lives there says stuff like "He's just an old stray, he's gonna die anyways," and basically say that he isn't worth anything because he's a stray. I'm always the only one who feeds and waters him using the food for my late grandpa's inside cat. My grandpa, myself, and my mom are the only one who cares about the stray cat, who we named Tom years ago. He's a Tom Cat, used to be real fat. He's always been old, but his mobility has declined even without injuries.

Anyways, thanks for providing a place for me to vent my frustrations.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
The natural world is definitely a brutal and merciless place in which suffering has no relevance. It sucks to be sensitive to that because it of course permeates everything. That's why I don't feel that bad when someone's pet lives out a full life and gets peacefully put down as that stands in such sharp opposition to the literal hell the rest of the world's animals are forced to endure.

Last edited:
T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
The natural world is definitely a brutal and merciless place in which suffering has no relevance. It sucks to be sensitive to that because it of course permeates everything. That's why I don't feel that bad when someone's pet lives out a full life and gets peacefully put down as that stands in such sharp opposition to the literal hell the rest of the world's animals are forced to endure
I actually hold a similar view. I don't view a pet dying in a negative light. I get sad, I understand the grieving as well, but its not a completely bad thing because at least that pet had a good life relatively free of struggle and suffering that other animals must endure, especially if euthanasia is done since it's relatively instant and painless for the pet.