Iva

Iva

Student
Mar 4, 2023
If you could be reborn as any living thing and start this journey of life over again from day one, what kind of organism would you want to be?
I would like to be reborn as a human but as the opposite gender this time.

maybe the world really works like that. Maybe we are female in one lifetime, then male in the next... and it alternates infinitely.
How tiresome.

Or maybe we're reborn as animals. If you lived a good life you are reborn as a majestic racehorse or the most dominant male silverback gorilla in the troop. If you lived a nasty life you're born as a bug or a rodent.
(Although, I wouldnt mind being born as certain insects. A lot of them only live for a week or two.)

OR MAAAAAAAAAAYBE we are reborn into a world where the laws of reality and physics as we know it do not exist. Instead of Carbon based lifeforms we are reborn as nitrogen based lifeforms that don't need water to survive but instead have to inject bromine into the back of our necks for nourishment. We don't have sex to reproduce, we don't need food and we don't breath oxygen. Instead our bodies need different chemicals to work properly and we have all sorts of different body parts for different things we would never need on Earth. Imagine.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on all this?

• Love
Reactions: Vesiira, sserafim, Yahwa and 9 others
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

Lavender
Feb 25, 2023
Eh, if I absolutely had to exist as something I would be a jellyfish; no sentience, no suffering. They're also quite serene and beautiful creatures to watch.

• Love
Reactions: cyandude, Ariadne.Waits, Ron Camaro and 11 others
Iva

Iva

Student
Mar 4, 2023
I would be a jellyfish; no sentience, no suffering. They're also quite serene and beautiful creatures to watch.
DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME JELLY DOESNT COME FROM JELLYFISH!?!?

• Yay!
Reactions: rabid_aspie_yokai and Lost in a Dream
Mimi_

Mimi_

I only deserve to suffer
Mar 10, 2023
If I am ever reincarnated as a human again, I hope I would be able to be reborn at the same time and place as a friend I've never had the chance to see in real life. Would be great to meet him in person this time. I hope I will not ruin everything again.

Either way I want to be reborn as a dog lol

• Hugs
Reactions: cyandude, Interloper and user1912012
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
hell no one horrible lifetime is enough for me thank you very much

Reactions: cyandude, Asphyxiater, MyLifeIsANightmare and 3 others
Janine

Janine

"The man who hunts two bunnies will catch neither"
Mar 18, 2023
A life as a duck would be awesome if you think about it. You could walk, swim and fly without a worry in your life.

• Love
Reactions: cyandude, kitty_kat, redbathingduck and 1 other person
ss-zip

ss-zip

Coward
Mar 19, 2023
Human again, but with better specs.

• Love
Reactions: Asphyxiater, BroodingBleu, kitty_kat and 5 others
Ai-chan

Ai-chan

I deserve nothing but the worst
Oct 16, 2022

I'm just going to drop this here

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: ApathyToLife, msnirvana, rabid_aspie_yokai and 4 others
H

harpy

Mar 14, 2023
I would like to be reborn as some kind of insect that is eusocial so ant or bee as i would like the feeling of being part of something bigger

• Love
Reactions: cyandude, Iva and Forever Sleep
ss-zip

ss-zip

Coward
Mar 19, 2023
Same gender as this lifetime or would you take a chance and see what life is like on the other side?
Male again. It seems more convenient. I don't want to change much. Just don't want to be a coward again. I'm even okay with taking ADHD along with me.

Buddhism has too many options. They even have gods who just laze are for millions of years.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabid_aspie_yokai
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
Reincarnation is an absolutely horrendous thought to me. If it was true, it would be simply undeniable that this reality is the worst possible torture anyone could ever experience. How anyone can find peace in that is beyond me, luckily I believe that after we die we find true peace in non-existence.

Reactions: DoomValuer, Ariadne.Waits, msnirvana and 6 others
Nohw

Nohw

exitus acta probat
Feb 24, 2023
Oh, I think about this all the time. I would like to be an insect, like a fly, something small and useless.

• Aww..
Reactions: Illidan77 and Iva
Iva

Iva

Student
Mar 4, 2023
Male again. It seems more convenient.
That's always how I'd imagined it.
I'm even okay with taking ADHD along with me.
No way I could spend another childhood medicated to the gills. No sir. Not a second time.
Reincarnation is an absolutely horrendous thought to me. If it was true, it would be simply undeniable that this reality is the worst possible torture anyone could ever experience. How anyone can find peace in that is beyond me, luckily I believe that after we die we find true peace in non-existence.
I agree. I'm sure at least ONE person who CTB'd on this forum would try to let us know about an afterlife if there was one and they were still able to interact with our world.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I could never like to be reincarnated, the thought of that really is something so disturbing, there is nothing more horrific than being trapped in the endless cycle of suffering that is existence for all eternity. But anyway, I don't believe in this, I very strongly believe that we just cease to exist once we die and I think that reincarnation is just a fictional concept invented by people who were unable to come to terms with the true meaningless and insignificant nature of existence.

Reactions: cyandude, Ron Camaro and woosch11
Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
As a women, please, I'm begging.

• Aww..
Reactions: cyandude and Illidan77
C

conflagration

Student
Jul 29, 2022
I would like to be reborn as Buddhist monk, so I can finally end the cycle of rebirth.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: y'ffre
S

ScissorYoda

Mar 19, 2023
A golden retriever in an upper-middle class family, somewhere with nice parks

• Yay!
Reactions: cyandude, Homo erectus, kitty_kat and 3 others
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
Either a human, preferably female and modern day princess (lol), or a search and rescue dog. Maybe I can make a difference that way. I just don't want to live a shit life

• Love
Reactions: kitty_kat
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
A person like Connor MacLeod, not aging, immortal, except for beheading.

Misery99

Misery99

Student
May 12, 2020
I would prefer to not be born at all. Life is suffering no matter what life you get. I wish death is just eternal sleep.

Reactions: cyandude, woosch11, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
O

OutOfTheVoid

she/her
Feb 10, 2023
a flower, or any plant really. idk if plants are sentient or feel pain but i imagine their experiences or lack thereof are probably more peaceful than any animal's. plus i just love flowers and would love to be one physically

• Love
Reactions: kitty_kat, Citruscine, ScissorYoda and 2 others
Looking

Looking

Looking for the answer.
Jan 16, 2023
In this context, do I remember my past life or no?

In general, I'd like to be reborn as a human I think - but not with this face again.

Otherwise, I think living as something random would be exciting. Just letting the random generator picking my fate and seeing what comes up.

• Love
Reactions: kitty_kat and y'ffre
justaquicksnooze

justaquicksnooze

Mar 7, 2023
I'd probably want to be a cat. I wouldn't have to do or worry about anything all day, just sleep and eat.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cyandude, Illidan77, imcurious and 4 others
T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
Myself back in 2018

• Hugs
Reactions: kansatsu and Iva
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I don't want to come back as anything. Hopefully reincarnation isn't real, because if it is and some buddhist monk who looks like me tells me I don't get a choice, there's gonna be some spiritual warfare happening if ya know what I mean.

The dude in that video should've punched his doppelganger in the nose. Seriously. :pfff:

Iva

Iva

Student
Mar 4, 2023
In this context, do I remember my past life or no?

In general, I'd like to be reborn as a human I think - but not with this face again.

Otherwise, I think living as something random would be exciting. Just letting the random generator picking my fate and seeing what comes up.
I guess you wouldn't be able to retain your memories. Imagine living in the body of a dung beetle but remembering everything about your life as a human while being completely unable to to tell anyone about it or communicate those memories to anyone because you're a bug.

• Aww..
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Looking

Looking

Looking for the answer.
Jan 16, 2023
I guess you wouldn't be able to retain your memories. Imagine living in the body of a dung beetle but remembering everything about your life as a human while being completely unable to to tell anyone about it or communicate those memories to anyone because you're a bug.

Well, that concept is going to keep me up at night. You're probably right that it would be best to not retain the memories then....

Reactions: Homo erectus and Lost in a Dream