Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
It would change many things

the constant lies, while I agree our material body if it were beautiful we wouldn't suffer as much however even if I were to be gifted with beauty and attention tomorrow I'd still CTB because my experiences in life are "me" as well and those memories and bullying and torture cannot be wiped clean until my consciousness is shut off
Same here. Biggest reason why I wanna die. So many past hurts keep replaing in my head, I hate the way I look and wanna cry everytime I see myself. If only I had the courage.
Anyway it's 100% valid reason and I feel you so much

Also it's sooo unfair that it's not like it's learned behaviour or sumn, we are literally programmed to favor attractive people more, even babies tend to look at the pretty face longer...Yep it sucksss here gosh I hate it here sm

SAME, the same mental torture from this situation keeps replaying it's why I want to shut off so I don't have to remember this and previous situations. It all hurts so bad, I feel my life was ROBBED from me since age 12. I use to be so happy and carefree now I work and stay in my room excluded and a grump.

Reactions: Tonight634 and death137
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
You can live a healthy life. Learning to love yourself for one. Working on yourself.
This life is poisonous. It kills every good thing.
You can live a healthy life & learn to love yourself even though this life is poisonous & it kills every good thing? :notsure:

Reactions: death137, Elysium Searcher, Journeytoletgo and 2 others
R

Roseate

Arcanist
Mar 24, 2021
It would change many things
Like what? Being used simply for your looks? People only seeing your looks? Perverts complimenting you? Jobs hiring you for your looks? People treating you like a piece of meat?

J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
Like what? Being used simply for your looks? People only seeing your looks? Perverts complimenting you? Jobs hiring you for your looks? People treating you like a piece of meat?

Human is social being and they like to feel validated and noticed. Who wants to live a life of exclusion, misery, bullying, and isolation while everyone else enjoys themselves romantically and be carefree and feel so comfortable in their body. we just can't feel comfortable with ourselves because we know no matter what we are always going to be the object of exclusion, the overlooked, the second last choice or no choice, and live in misery and loneliness with no social experience. It doesn't fulfill us and causes us nothing but misery and emotional torment

• Hugs
Reactions: WarmLaterHalfDay, Elysium Searcher, chicken neck and 6 others
R

Roseate

Arcanist
Mar 24, 2021
You can live a healthy life & learn to love yourself even though this life is poisonous & it kills every good thing? :notsure:
Somewhat? I wouldn't know. I killed every good thing about me. Well life started it and I finished it and I may not be mentally healthy. But I try, although it's hard lately to be physically healthy. And honestly I don't care about my looks. I look average at most and I'm pretty. I don't think look is everything and I do think this life is poisonous.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
"Why would you want money? You could get robbed or kidnapped for ransom!"

Reactions: Elysium Searcher, Élégie, LastLoveLetter and 4 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I just want to find love and not suffer from social anxiety every time I'm around ppl.

• Hugs
Reactions: Elysium Searcher, unperson, Élégie and 4 others
R

Roseate

Arcanist
Mar 24, 2021
"Why would you want money? You could get robbed or kidnapped for ransom!"
I mean hey go ahead but I don't want people to simply see me as a piece of meat to be used. To each their own. If you're flaunting your money then yeah you will be robbed. But if you don't and live a fairly normal life no one will know. And money is different. Looks are the first thing most people see. And some people have the look going for them but the thing is look is subjective. There will always be someone prettier to someone else. That doesn't make the other person less pretty or even ugly. And another thing some people, no matter how pretty or beautiful they are, they never see it or realize it.
I just want to find love and not suffer from social anxiety every time I'm around ppl.
Being pretty doesn't mean you'll find love. Just saying. It's probably tougher to find someone that loves you for you then. But regardless we're all beautiful. We just need to see it for ourselves and learn to believe it.

C

Canon1

Student
Dec 2, 2019
how can you live a "healthy" life and fulfill your dreams when all aspects of your life are already over. It's either looks, wealth, or sociability. I have none it's over for me, and I'm a woman and have no future with a husband lol.

That's ridiculous to say. Where do you want to know that you will never have a husband? Are you a clairvoyant?

LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
It is disheartening that there always seems to be a big debate whenever a thread like this is posted here. There's always multiple people ready to swoop in to invalidate those who share their mistreatment, pain and suicidality if it is in any way related to appearance.

Platitudes do not help and they do not change anything. If someone is objectively unattractive (and there is an objective standard which has been scientifically proven), this greatly hinders their lives, social mobility, opportunities, networks, self-esteem and more. As someone with visible physical deformities, I have literally been spat on, laughed at in the street, physically assaulted, relentlessly bullied and more all due to physical traits beyond my control. And I'm not even one of the worst cases physically.

This isn't to say that attractive people do not suffer by any means - of course they do - but good looks are a social advantage, much like financial resources. Acknowledging that poverty causes hardship doesn't invalidate any suffering endured by a rich individual, and acknowledging the specific difficulties caused by deformities and unattractiveness doesn't invalidate any suffering endured by good-looking people either. However, it would be pretty insulting for a millionaire to tell a homeless person that money is not important, so I don't understand why it's okay to tell those of us with below average appearances that looks don't matter. They do.

Instead of jumping in to argue about the level of importance appearance should have and the validity of how this impacts a person's life, it would be nice if people could just be supportive or scroll on if that isn't possible. Because seriously, "looks aren't that important", "there are worse things you could go through", "it's all about personality" and other variations weigh heavy on the heart after the thousandth time.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: SFB123, one.way.out, Cronos and 18 others
R

Roseate

Arcanist
Mar 24, 2021
You won't escape this by looking a certain way.
Idk I feel like when I was bigger, I did avoid it for the most part. No one ever commented on my looks. But damn I can try. Personally I don't give a FUCK if a men find me attractive or ugly. Cuz looks won't take my depression and suicidal (and anxiousness) thoughts away. And having a boyfriend is definitely not going to make me less depressed. Besides that would be selfish...and I've done so many selfish things, to bring someone into my life with all my problems. It's not fair to them. And I'm already doing that to my friend.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I know that coherence & nuanced thinking aren't sexy to most people, but we really need a bit more of them on this forum... :)):))
Bill Hader Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:
Reactions: Celerity and Ame
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Being pretty doesn't mean you'll find love. Just saying. It's probably tougher to find someone that loves you for you then. But regardless we're all beautiful. We just need to see it for ourselves and learn to believe it.
Being good looking won't 100% guarantee love but it would increase your chance a lot higher. I wish all that "personality matters more" crap was true. I mean there are few ppl who prefer personality more but most prefer looks.
FD896A65 C26B 405E 9F09 4036761558D0

• Hugs
Reactions: WarmLaterHalfDay, Elysium Searcher, Lost in a Dream and 5 others
alwaysSuffering

alwaysSuffering

May 29, 2021
I have the opposite problem. I am told that I am attractive. I have met some horrible, manipulative, evil men who will say/do anything to convince me they care just so that they can get me in bed. Then, after months of pretending, I find out who they really are, evil. I've often thought that I wish I was ugly because then when a man pursued me, I'd know it was because of my personality and not just that he wanted to sleep with me. I feel like men won't even bother to get to know me or anything about me and my more important qualities (intelligence, skills, interests, etc) because they're only after sexual conquest.

• Hugs
Reactions: Elysium Searcher, Victoria, demuic and 3 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Wow, lots of shitty, mean-spirited replies here.

To all the dudes who think women have it easy in the looks department, what fucking planet are you from? Women have been and continue to be valued primarily for their sex appeal.

But really, that's not the point here. The larger issue is people not giving a damn about you, and I can entirely relate to that.

Being forever alone is a large part of the reason I want to CTB. Seeing how this thread blew up, we're far from unique in that regard.

• Hugs
Reactions: one.way.out, Victoria, Kimuraaaa and 12 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I have the opposite problem. I am told that I am attractive. I have met some horrible, manipulative, evil men who will say/do anything to convince me they care just so that they can get me in bed. Then, after months of pretending, I find out who they really are, evil. I've often thought that I wish I was ugly because then when a man pursued me, I'd know it was because of my personality and not just that he wanted to sleep with me. I feel like men won't even bother to get to know me or anything about me and my more important qualities (intelligence, skills, interests, etc) because they're only after sexual conquest.
Predators can smell woundedness...

• Love
Reactions: demuic, unperson, Élégie and 8 others
listeningpost1379

listeningpost1379

enduring winter
Apr 20, 2019
A man harmed you. Psychological harm is harm. That's what they do. No matter whether you consider yourself attractive or not, you would still be at risk of male violence. Please hate him and not yourself. Ridiculous beauty standards and naturally unfair relationship are just two of the things women have to deal with in this patriarchal world. I'm sorry about everything. I really hope you come to feel better someday.

Last edited:
D

DasEnde

Apr 7, 2021
Jeah looks definitely matter. @Journeytoletgo have you ever tried mindfulness practice like meditating (many concentrate on their breath, I prefer to repeat a word in my head like "iamon" over and over), maybe even in combination with calming supplements? For example high doses of magnesium (most people don't get enough) and/or l-theanin (amino acid) helps me with meditation and also in general.

Reactions: unperson
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
Our purpose in this world isn't to find a husband. It creates another set of problems. You can live a healthy life. Learning to love yourself for one. Working on yourself. You cannot expect a men or looks to get in your way. If you were beautiful, it wouldn't change anything. Do you want to get by in life simply on your look? Or hardwork? Maybe it would be easy for a while but not forever. This life is poisonous. It kills every good thing.
If I were beautiful more guys would flock to me and like me. Trust me this is already true, we see it all over social media where the prettiest, gorgeous girls receive all male attention because men select them for procreation because they have favorable characteristics for their children. If our purpose wasn't to find a husband as a woman and to procreate , then what is the point of being here? Please explain it, because everything seems to be about self preservation and procreation.

there are objective universal truths and it's observed in nature all beings are procreating.

And then human groups have subjective views. Men get by through "hard work" and looks woman get by on their looks alone.

Reactions: one.way.out and Elysium Searcher
C

Canon1

Student
Dec 2, 2019
Who says you can't that or you can't look beautiful? Just try the best to get in shape, get a new hair style or when it's even necessary a good surgery that spices your look up. When you keep telling yourself that you are ugly you will feel for sure this way.

Z

ZoraMax

Apr 7, 2021
Of course looks matter, but it matters more for men than it does for women. See, you at least you were able to hook up with someone. Meanwhile, I am in my mid-20s and I've never been in a relationship nor have I ever been on a date. Yes, it's all because of my looks. Your case does not sound as bleak as mine does, so don't worry about it. You are not as bad looking as you think you are.
Completely disagree that looks matter more for men. A lot of a woman's value is placed on how physically attractive she is, a man can elevate his status through financial success.

• Love
Reactions: Kimuraaaa, demuic, Celerity and 1 other person
R

Roseate

Arcanist
Mar 24, 2021
If I were beautiful more guys would flock to me and like me. Trust me this is already true, we see it all over social media where the prettiest, gorgeous girls receive all male attention because men select them for procreation because they have favorable characteristics for their children. If our purpose wasn't to find a husband as a woman and to procreate , then what is the point of being here? Please explain it, because everything seems to be about self preservation and procreation.

there are objective universal truths and it's observed in nature all beings are procreating.

And then human groups have subjective views. Men get by through "hard work" and looks woman get by on their looks alone.
Maybe that's your reason to be here but it sure is not mine. And I don't like that people think they can choose my life path simply based on my fucking gender. And guys do not pick girls to procreate based on their looks. Most pregnancies in this world are because some idiot was stupid enough to have sex without wrapping it first (and some stupid idiot let it happen) and having oopsies babies. If you think guys are actively looking for girls to have babies with, you got it wrong. Only guys doing that are disgusting freaks with weird race fetish. But to each their own, nothing wrong with your purpose being procreating long as it's what you want but I mean hey go for church guys or girls idk could be anything. But honestly sometimes you can't find what it is you desire because you have something you need to accomplish first. And maybe that is self love or confidence. It could be anything. Just focus on you. Learn to love you first.

J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
Completely disagree that looks matter more for men. A lot of a woman's value is placed on how physically attractive she is, a man can elevate his status through financial success.

exactly I'm tired of debating with people

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kimuraaaa, unperson and LastLoveLetter
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
exactly I'm tired of debating with people
I am sorry @Journeytoletgo. The sad thing is you shouldn't have to debate with people to justify your own experiences and valid feelings about looks and the impact they have on your life. It's your reality - it's not a matter for debate.

With most subjects here, this seems to be understood. When the topic is appearance, there is always an argument and I'm honestly sick of it. How dare people read posts by someone in evident pain and tell them that the reason for that pain doesn't matter or that it's wrong. Even the very first response was essentially "it matters more for me [as a man] than it does for you."

People feel compelled to swoop in and insinuate that appearance is not important, pulling out all of the usual clichés that it's all in the eye of the beholder, it's all about self-love, it's all about personality with their eyes and ears firmly shut.

It's insulting if a rich person tells someone drowning in poverty that "money isn't everything" and "having money isn't all sunshine and rainbows, you know." It's insulting if a white person tells a black person experiencing racism that "skin colour doesn't matter, we are all one race" and "it's not easy being white." It's insulting if an able-bodied person tells a disabled person struggling with inaccessibility that "it's not about the disability, it's how you deal with it that counts - the only obstacle is yourself" and "not much would change if you didn't have a disability, life is hard without one too."

If you can understand why these statements are insulting, then you have the capacity to understand why it's insulting to say that "looks don't matter", or "they don't make a difference" or "you just need more confidence." It is condescending and incredibly invalidating.

All of the characteristics and circumstances I alluded to above matter and have a profound, far-reaching impact on people's lives - that is an objective fact. That includes appearance. If that somehow threatens you or makes you feel uncomfortable, that says something about you, not the OP.

(Note that by "you" I refer to anyone who has said - or feels compelled to jump in to say - that looks don't matter or to invalidate the OP.)

It is outrageous to demand that a suicidal individual jumps through hoops to repeatedly explain and justify their suffering and suicidality. And for what? To satisfy you? Because you need to be "right" and cannot handle the reality that being objectively unattractive, ugly or deformed can have a devastating impact on people's lives?

Stop. If you read this thread and your first urge is tell OP that they are wrong or to spout trite platitudes, stop. Just don't. How would you like it if someone came to your posts and started spewing "life is precious" or "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"? It's the same principle.

This community knows better than most how insidious these useless platitudes truly are. We know how harmful it is to have our feelings ignored and swept under the rug. We know how detrimental it is when society shuns and silences us for being suicidal and leaves us to wade through this tumultuous sea of suffering on our own. We know.

So don't you dare turn around and do those exact same things to someone else.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SFB123, DeathBecomesMe_2021, one.way.out and 5 others
goat

goat

Just a goat trying to get in the next bus
May 18, 2021
Call me hypocrite but I don't give a shit for beauty. Not on me not on others.
I like how people interact and so many other things that have nothing to do with looks. And if you come with the excuse that at first all you can know is the looks, like in tinder for example, let me answer:

you can be pretty and pass major assholes vibes simultaneously by your body language even in photos and what you write in your profile. But you can look average to ugly and have the most approachable and positive vibes depending on the way you choose to portray yourself.

Also sexually i don't care how you look like, I care how you do stuff :pfff: So no tricking me with a pretty face and poor cuni! I'll not fall for that!

Im physically disabled and I've been mutilated by an ex partner and except for the emotional scarring and trauma (cause it wasn't the only downside in the relationship lol) I don't really mind about my deformities and scars in a physical level. I'd never ctb for them alone.

That being said different things have different meanings to people, every reason is valid to ctb. It's your own life, your own body, only you know what matters and how it affects you.
If you think this is insufferable or if you just want to go cause you want to go, it's on you and no one can judge.

J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
I am sorry @Journeytoletgo. The sad thing is you shouldn't have to debate with people to justify your own experiences and valid feelings about looks and the impact they have on your life. It's your reality - it's not a matter for debate.

With most subjects here, this seems to be understood. When the topic is appearance, there is always an argument and I'm honestly sick of it. How dare people read posts by someone in evident pain and tell them that the reason for that pain doesn't matter or that it's wrong. Even the very first response was essentially "it matters more for me [as a man] than it does for you."

People feel compelled to swoop in and insinuate that appearance is not important, pulling out all of the usual clichés that it's all in the eye of the beholder, it's all about self-love, it's all about personality with their eyes and ears firmly shut.

It's insulting if a rich person tells someone drowning in poverty that "money isn't everything" and "having money isn't all sunshine and rainbows, you know." It's insulting if a white person tells a black person experiencing racism that "skin colour doesn't matter, we are all one race" and "it's not easy being white." It's insulting if an able-bodied person tells a disabled person struggling with inaccessibility that "it's not about the disability, it's how you deal with it that counts - the only obstacle is yourself" and "not much would change if you didn't have a disability, life is hard without one too."

If you can understand why these statements are insulting, then you have the capacity to understand why it's insulting to say that "looks don't matter", or "they don't make a difference" or "you just need more confidence." It is condescending and incredibly invalidating.

All of the characteristics and circumstances I alluded to above matter and have a profound, far-reaching impact on people's lives - that is an objective fact. That includes appearance. If that somehow threatens you or makes you feel uncomfortable, that says something about you, not the OP.

(Note that by "you" I refer to anyone who has said - or feels compelled to jump in to say - that looks don't matter or to invalidate the OP.)

It is outrageous to demand that a suicidal individual jumps through hoops to repeatedly explain and justify their suffering and suicidality. And for what? To satisfy you? Because you need to be "right" and cannot handle the reality that being objectively unattractive, ugly or deformed can have a devastating impact on people's lives?

Stop. If you read this thread and your first urge is tell OP that they are wrong or to spout trite platitudes, stop. Just don't. How would you like it if someone came to your posts and started spewing "life is precious" or "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"? It's the same principle.

This community knows better than most how insidious these useless platitudes truly are. We know how harmful it is to have our feelings ignored and swept under the rug. We know how detrimental it is when society shuns and silences us for being suicidal and leaves us to wade through this tumultuous sea of suffering on our own. We know.

So don't you dare turn around and do those exact same things to someone else.

I like what you said here. "Stop. If you read this thread and your first urge is tell OP that they are wrong or to spout trite platitudes, stop. Just don't. How would you like it if someone came to your posts and started spewing "life is precious" or "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"? It's the same principle."

People wouldn't like it if I begun to go on a pro life spring, it would invalidate how they are feeling. It makes it seem incredibly hypocritical

My experiences in life and those around me prove that if you don't have looks, status, money and social mobility/opportunities/connections you will live an unfulfilling life. Or you have to have 1 of those four to at least live a semi fulfilling life as a social being. Sure you can find distractions to those temporary pains however doesn't mean for ME personally I can live a fulfilling life as I have none. Life sucks however at least we all die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity and LastLoveLetter
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
Jeah looks definitely matter. @Journeytoletgo have you ever tried mindfulness practice like meditating (many concentrate on their breath, I prefer to repeat a word in my head like "iamon" over and over), maybe even in combination with calming supplements? For example high doses of magnesium (most people don't get enough) and/or l-theanin (amino acid) helps me with meditation and also in general.
I tried it a few times however I have no energy to really stick with it as a daily routine

Status
Not open for further replies.